First step for cosplay-kind…

Zenghilios

Member DIN
S500
This is my first non test print that I will actually have use for! It is a holder/stand for the Halo Infinite Rockstar collectibles!

This is my first non test print that I will actually have use for! It is a holder/stand for the Halo Infinite Rockstar collectibles! Will be updating the thread with photos!

Attachments

• IMG_3250.jpeg
    IMG_3250.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 46
Hi Zenghilios! Great to see your enthusiasm with your first proper print, but considering how long prints can take, you'd be better off containing the updates to perhaps one post - where you can share all the different stages of the print, once it has finished. This keeps all the relevant information in one post, without members having to scroll through a number of posts to see a print update.

Hi Zenghilios! Great to see your enthusiasm with your first proper print, but considering how long prints can take, you'd be better off containing the updates to perhaps one post - where you can share all the different stages of the print, once it has finished. This keeps all the relevant information in one post, without members having to scroll through a number of posts to see a print update.
I’m sorry, I thought I was replying to the one post under the thread I made.

Edit: I misinterpreted what you meant. I’ll make sure to keep everything contained into one single post. Sorry about that!

Last edited:
Final update (going to keep all future print updates contained to one post after this):

Day 4. To say this was hard is a massive understatement. My baby fell victim to a homicidal layer shift. I had to put her to rest at 69%. You did your best, you beautiful failure.

Attachments

• IMG_3315.jpeg
    IMG_3315.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3314.jpeg
    IMG_3314.jpeg
    876.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Final update (going to keep all future print updates contained to one post after this):

Day 4. To say this was hard is a massive understatement. My baby was victim to a homicidal layer shift. I had to put her to rest at 69%. You did your best, you beautiful failure.
oh no :(

There might be a bit of weakness in the clamp, as there are vertically stacked layers, but I think the hook would be fine as the layers are running horizontally still. Only one way to find out!

I made this door-stopper the other day as well!…then my dog chewed it up

It was too small anyways, so I scaled it up 50% and works perfectly. Out of site from my puppy of course.

Attachments

• IMG_3313.jpeg
    IMG_3313.jpeg
    926.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3316.jpeg
    IMG_3316.jpeg
    822.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3319.jpeg
    IMG_3319.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3256.jpeg
    IMG_3256.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
i can tell from the layer lines. the side we are looking at on the picture has to lay on the printbed :)
Well, can 100% confirm because I woke up to a loud sound this morning and what do you know. I’ll reprint with it on its side! Thank you for the advice!

Attachments

• IMG_3344.jpeg
    IMG_3344.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
There might be a bit of weakness in the clamp, as there are vertically stacked layers, but I think the hook would be fine as the layers are running horizontally still. Only one way to find out!
I never stopped to think about how the weight of the headphones would pull apart the layers considering they are horizontally printed lines. I’ll try rotating, then printing again :)

Physics + gravity 101 haha

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back