BiGHARYSCOTSMiN's 3D modeling quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put some more stuff on the Soldier Torso.

Untitled-1_zps09687393.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-1_zps09687393.jpg
    Untitled-1_zps09687393.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 136
When is your scout helmet model going to be done?

Do you want it to be?

I'm asking because there are currently 3 different versions of the Scout helmet, one from Brokenvisr, one from Zercon, and another (whose name I cannot recall)

Here is one for you if you want it immediately, but I can still work on it if you like.

would but i do not care for it but sisne i have modeled for years there are far to many triangles int he model and they do not transfer well to pep makes things more complicated then they have to be.

would but i do not care for it but sisne i have modeled for years there are far to many triangles int he model and they do not transfer well to pep makes things more complicated then they have to be.

Have you SEEN the triangles in the game rip files?

Even those Halo Reach models (which look quite simple imo) have a lot of them if you count

If you don't want to get a seizure staring at those triangles, you can go elsewhere :p ...but no seriously there aren't that many triangles

Yea I have seen them but thats why you remodel the model in to brtter topology there are a few spots that would need to keep triangles but 90% of that could be transfered to quads and still keep its shape looks cleaner in the pep veiwer easyer to fallow and to unfold the model is only triangles beacuse that is what the game engine reads dont have a modwl editor download blender or sketchup both which are free

Yea I have seen them but thats why you remodel the model in to brtter topology there are a few spots that would need to keep triangles but 90% of that could be transfered to quads and still keep its shape looks cleaner in the pep veiwer easyer to fallow and to unfold the model is only triangles beacuse that is what the game engine reads dont have a modwl editor download blender or sketchup both which are free

...wait are you sure you're an "experienced" modeler? No offense, but it doesn't seem like it... because 3d models are made of triangles and only triangles. A square face is made of two triangles, and a sphere is made of a *yoink* load of triangles.

OBSERVE

Untitled-1_zps091e01ea.jpg

After (Left) :Ahh... looks good
Before (Right) :OMG WTF SO MANY TRIANGLES

I just hit "soften/smooth faces" on the map and the program just simplifies those gawd awfuauaul triangles.

And if you're worried about Pep cleanups... I guess you have a point, but this particular file isn't that bad (soldier torso) since it's a simple little model... it's like unfolding a square, as opposed to... say the Warrior torso I tried unfolding one day.

---

By the way, update for everyone who is waiting for the Soldier Torso... I'm cleaning up the file, because apparently Pep-des3 doesn't like grey and blue faces. They all have to face outwards (show white) and as you saw in previous pictures, that hasn't happened.

I looked for a quick fix tool and methods, but I couldn't find one... that worked for me at least.

It should be done in two or so days. I'll come back and stitch some up after I get out of the shower.

LATER!

Attachments

• Untitled-1_zps091e01ea.jpg
    Untitled-1_zps091e01ea.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 128
No they are not just made out of triangles I use 3dsmax so yes im an experianced modeller triangles are mainly used for game models as ive said but if you want a clean model use quads

...wait are you sure you're an "experienced" modeler? No offense, but it doesn't seem like it... because 3d models are made of triangles and only triangles. A square face is made of two triangles, and a sphere is made of a *yoink* load of triangles.

Unless you are modelling specifically with quad's, or forbid - n-gons. You can have a square without having it made of triangles.
Tri's are good for game models, when yes, you need to preserve a low poly-count. However, quad's smooth better, and subdivide much cleaner than tri's - especially in large sections of mesh.
Yes, you can make spheres and things out of tri's, but it doubles the poly-count than if you were using quads.

Quad's:
xtwoXhb.png

Tri's:
CMBGx29.png

@colbs
Please use some semblance of legible spelling/grammar/punctuation in future posts. It would make it much easier for the rest of us to understand what you're trying to say.

Attachments

• xtwoXhb.png
    xtwoXhb.png
    49 KB · Views: 157
  • CMBGx29.png
    CMBGx29.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 155

oh POOP.

I guess I missed that part when I was reading the post.

Blender also uses quads I realize NOW. Fail on my part. I gotta go hit myself with a large stick now, my apologies

/starting to get off topic :p

EDIT: Now that I re-read the triangles discussion I also notice that I came off sounding like a smart ass. I also apologize about that... don't know why I got so heated. It totally wasn't intended :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back