Building Samus in 180 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, that's the file! Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that it's a bad file, or that you shouldn't use it or anything, and I DEFINITELY don't want to discourage you! Just that you may have to spend a bit of effort (and maybe try a few parts more than once) in order to get the scale right so it fits you. Getting it smooth will be an even greater challenge (if you're trying for smooth, that is) because of the angles. It's definitely workable, though, just make sure you have plenty of perseverance on hand. You seem to be doing pretty good so far! Keep it up, and good luck!!

So.. Is there any other files that are better? I'm already running into a major problem with the lower armor, its square and I'm wide in the hips T_T So... is there any file that is scaled right or is there a way to 'stretch' it one direction or the other?

Seems you had a good start Samuas is one of my favourite female characters, going to check on your progress I wish you the best of luck!

SAMUS IS A SHE???? OMG

Nah j/k, i found that out by completing metroid on the snes in under 2 hours :p

I'd say get a couple of Popsicle sticks , cut the ends so they become squared glue them together and position them in the middle of the piece to stretch it out a bit before resining , or better yet cut the inside edges to fit you better.

I'd say get a couple of Popsicle sticks , cut the ends so they become squared glue them together and position them in the middle of the piece to stretch it out a bit before resining , or better yet cut the inside edges to fit you better.

I meant like in Pep, you know how you can drag a corner of a picture in Word or Paint and the image stretches with your cursor, that kind of thing.. Or if someone could point me in the right direction on altering a pep file? (I've generally figured out how to look through the program but i have no idea how to modify the individual pieces that make up, say, a boot.)

Hey guys, just an update (175days 12hours remaining)

I decided which piece to take out of the lower armor so I scaled the width correctly, ignoring the height for now.
I scaled the boots and the arm piece, and I flipped the boot so I have a left and a right instead of two lefts lol.
Until i can get more ink I'm slowly going through and rescaling the pieces, adjusting wheres needed. I love that you don't have to adjust anything when you separate pieces and move them, also how it just automatically makes tabs when you separate them, I love this program.

Hey guys, just an update (175days 12hours remaining)

I decided which piece to take out of the lower armor so I scaled the width correctly, ignoring the height for now.
I scaled the boots and the arm piece, and I flipped the boot so I have a left and a right instead of two lefts lol.
Until i can get more ink I'm slowly going through and rescaling the pieces, adjusting wheres needed. I love that you don't have to adjust anything when you separate pieces and move them, also how it just automatically makes tabs when you separate them, I love this program.

Glad you finally got over the scaling thing, looking forward to your progress. :)

Yeah... if there's any game that compares to Halo, it'd be Metroid Prime. And prime had a more in depth story line than Halo CE(blasphemy, I know)... but I digress.

Love the suit idea. I'd make one of my own but, well, i'm not a woman. Maybe I'll make one for my girlfriend ;) . Keep up the progress. Pep takes some time to master and you're doing a fantastic job. Can't wait to see the final product!

Yeah... if there's any game that compares to Halo, it'd be Metroid Prime. And prime had a more in depth story line than Halo CE(blasphemy, I know)... but I digress.

Love the suit idea. I'd make one of my own but, well, i'm not a woman. Maybe I'll make one for my girlfriend ;) . Keep up the progress. Pep takes some time to master and you're doing a fantastic job. Can't wait to see the final product!

Thanks, I'm going to go buy fiberglass resin in the morning and hopefully coat it once before work :D If you read the initial post, I'll be Zero Suit Samus underneath. :)

Yes, a respirator is a must, inside or outside. And if you working outside you should make sure it is well ventilated. You should only keep a small opening in the garage door if it's open at all, you don't want to hurt anyone walking by. There are toxic smells (If I'm not mistaken) that resinate from Fiberglass Resin that you really don't want in your system. You'll want to get a respirator that filters organic fumes and dust particles. When glassing you might/will want some painter's coveralls because Fiberglass can seriously irritate your skin. You know that feeling when you get a splinter and you know it's there you just can't see it? That's what it feels like but pretty much all over the effected area. I ran past Lowe's today and picked up pretty much everything that I'll need for this suit except a dremel and it came out to about 112$. The respirator I bought was 39.99$. Just drop the money, it'll save you the medical expenses that you might pay if you don't.

I see, too my knowledge there isn't. Though I'm also not a Pep expert. Are you having trouble fitting through the hole or are you just wondering?

I see, too my knowledge there isn't. Though I'm also not a Pep expert. Are you having trouble fitting through the hole or are you just wondering?

I kinda want to know before I make my fingers numb then burned putting it together, my legs are kinda wide and I want them to fit the first time..I want to get every piece right, I don't want to redo things... I know its unavoidable though. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back