**Carpathia's Mk VI Armor: Master Chief Going into Cryostasis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
THATs 95% done! O M G !!!

Preemptive --> CONGRATS!!!

Really looking forward to the 100% !!!

Kev H

Wow, that looks asthonishing! :D

Wow... just... wow!

I really enjoyed seeing your torso come together. All those stages of bondo and little detailing... really inspiring!

No joke... I just said "holy s%!$ carp!" when I saw your picture. Congrats man!! uuuuber Jelly, I am. LoL. Congrats mighty one!

Congratulations! A big hand to you! *Clap-Clap-Clap*

Dude...I'm lovin' it!

I am so jealous and everybody else that sees you at the launch of Halo 4 will be too. lol

Im drooling right now. That work is epicly awesome! Someone put this thread in the GODLIKE section seriously!

Caripitha at a con

Full of other people cosplaying

He walks in on them and BAM! They all drop dead from awsomeness!

SWEET BROTHA! I BOW AT YOUR SUPERIORITY!

Croc co

THATs 95% done! O M G !!!

Preemptive --> CONGRATS!!!

Really looking forward to the 100% !!!

Kev H

Wow, that looks asthonishing! :D

Wow... just... wow!

I really enjoyed seeing your torso come together. All those stages of bondo and little detailing... really inspiring!

Thanks everyone! It's getting a little closer every day.

Tonight, I did something extra to the cod piece. It's something that I wanted to do, but would do only if I had time, well I had time. So, tonight I put the black rib details on the side of the cod pouches...

DSCN1531.jpg

DSCN1532.jpg

This is the same sump pump tubing I used for the cheek vents in my helmet. They look ok, but I'm not 100% happy with them, but they'll do.

Also, I added a little bit to my torso to help out with the ab plate. Before, the ab plate was rubbing up against the torso, which was scratching the paint on both. I have a bunch of this car door edging left over from my helmet, so I used that...

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Not only does this help with the scratching issue, but it also aids in keeping the ab plate in place better, keeping the slots out of view. I love unintentional improvements.

As you could probably tell from the previous few pics, I managed to get the remainder of the paint job done on the torso itself. Here's where it is now...

DSCN1537.jpg

DSCN1538.jpg

I also installed the connection detail pieces...

DSCN1533.jpg

I've had to remove the strapping that I had installed in the torso, as it was hindering me putting the torso on, rather than helping. The torso fits more than fine without the strapping, so it will be as is.

I WILL however have to look into another issue. When I did my test fit the other night, I found that when I moved my arms a certain way, the magnets in the upper connection were insufficient to hold it, and since the chest plate does not fall off thanks to the side connections, this often went unnoticed (I video recorded myself walking around and moving, and it was a recurring problem). I've got an idea for a solution, so I'll keep you posted on that.

The only thing I have left to do on my torso is the lights, then (barring a few upgrades to various parts) the suit will be FINISHED! I should be able to get working on the lights tomorrow night. I would tonight, but I need my dremel to make the light slots, and my daughter is asleep for the night. That's ok, though, I've waited over a year, what's one more night?

Thanks for watching!

I will start slowly start clapping now, and faster and harder as the night progresses. FANTASTIC work man, you're building skills are superb. Dang, i can't stop looking at it.....

Carpathia.... You rock, enough said lol. You motivate me to work on my armor. I have been letting to many things distract me from it.
I love the paint job and the details. Your suit pops man, its fantastic :)
I cant wait to see the lights after you install them. keep being awesome!

I cant even..... just... I cant.... GAHHHH. Teach me your ways!!! Whats the secret?? Awesome job man!

I will start slowly start clapping now, and faster and harder as the night progresses. FANTASTIC work man, you're building skills are superb. Dang, i can't stop looking at it.....

Carpathia.... You rock, enough said lol. You motivate me to work on my armor. I have been letting to many things distract me from it.
I love the paint job and the details. Your suit pops man, its fantastic :)
I cant wait to see the lights after you install them. keep being awesome!

just amazing !

Thanks!

I cant even..... just... I cant.... GAHHHH. Teach me your ways!!! Whats the secret?? Awesome job man!

Well, for me so far, the secret has been time and practice. By learning what others are doing, I can then go and try their methods, see if those methods work for me, and tweak things as I see fit, to get them to work with my skill set.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got a little more done tonight. I cut out the slots and installed the diffusers into the chest plate and back plate...

DSCN1548.jpg

DSCN1549.jpg

DSCN1544.jpg

DSCN1551.jpg

DSCN1559.jpg

DSCN1557.jpg

Then, I got the lights installed into the chest piece...

DSCN1556.jpg

DSCN1554.jpg

I didn't get to the back piece because I sort of got burned out on electronics work. It's simple, but pretty tedious. I'll have to wait until Sunday night to finish it up since I'll be out of town at my in-laws' this weekend. However, there is a good thing that will come out of that. I'll be able to work on something that involves these...

DSCN1560.jpg

...can anyone guess?

That's it for now. As always, thank you for watching and let me know what you think.

OK! I'll try to keep this brief! :p

First, Carpathiavh, I'd like to give my congrats to you for your nearly completed suit. It looks SPECTACULAR!

Second, I'd like to apologize for not posting prior to this in your thread with all the help and critiques you offered to me during my son's build. You were definitely one that offered inspiration during that and set me on the right path for mounting the pistol correctly. So thanks for that as well. My son's build was definitely a learning experience and to have you tagging along while working so much on your own build was awesome. I have to say, knowing some things that I could've done better now in that and seeing what you've done in your build. . . . YOU'RE MAKING THE REST OF US LOOK BAD!!!!!! STOP IT!!!! :D So, I hope I can do as well as you have once I'm able to begin my own build in a few weeks and . . . . CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!! :p

Seriously though . . . Really tremendous job and definitely Elite Worthy in my opinion. Keep it up and can't wait to see the final product in all its glory.

Makes me want to change my zealot to arby and fly over to the big apple to meet you ( obviously cannot)
I want dual smgs, br ( not beam rifle) (<- elite lover joke) AND bubble shield projector!

Shame you couldn't dig into the armor like the halo 4 battle damage ( chest piece)

What I really want to say is wicked my friend!

And with reply to what your gonna do next is either

Something involing a br

A Spartans kite -hehehe

Your going to do some pluming?

The bubble shield generator that I think would be cool ( caripitha I'm thinking of you as chief in the halo 3 trailer)

Oooooo lights! lol I like the defusers sir. :) good job.

HMMMMMMM, You are making spike grenades for sure :p

Daang carp! I like the idea for defusers, I was going to use LED's with a milky plastic behind it.

OK! I'll try to keep this brief! :p

First, Carpathiavh, I'd like to give my congrats to you for your nearly completed suit. It looks SPECTACULAR!

Second, I'd like to apologize for not posting prior to this in your thread with all the help and critiques you offered to me during my son's build. You were definitely one that offered inspiration during that and set me on the right path for mounting the pistol correctly. So thanks for that as well. My son's build was definitely a learning experience and to have you tagging along while working so much on your own build was awesome. I have to say, knowing some things that I could've done better now in that and seeing what you've done in your build. . . . YOU'RE MAKING THE REST OF US LOOK BAD!!!!!! STOP IT!!!! :D So, I hope I can do as well as you have once I'm able to begin my own build in a few weeks and . . . . CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!! :p

Seriously though . . . Really tremendous job and definitely Elite Worthy in my opinion. Keep it up and can't wait to see the final product in all its glory.

Thanks S127! The build you did for your son was a pleasure to watch. You did a terrific job with it! As I've said before, I can't wait to see what you accomplish with your own build.

Makes me want to change my zealot to arby and fly over to the big apple to meet you ( obviously cannot)
I want dual smgs, br ( not beam rifle) (<- elite lover joke) AND bubble shield projector!

Shame you couldn't dig into the armor like the halo 4 battle damage ( chest piece)

What I really want to say is wicked my friend!

And with reply to what your gonna do next is either

Something involing a br

A Spartans kite -hehehe

Your going to do some pluming?

The bubble shield generator that I think would be cool ( caripitha I'm thinking of you as chief in the halo 3 trailer)

Thanks! And, no, no spartan kites here, or a shield generator, and nothing involving a br (beam rifle). Ha. Actually it does have to do with my BR (battle rifle).

Also, I thought about digging into the right side of the chest to better simulate Chief's damage from the fall at the beginning of Halo 3, but I wanted the option of repainting the armor in the future.

Oooooo lights! lol I like the defusers sir. :) good job.

HMMMMMMM, You are making spike grenades for sure :p

Yeah, the diffusers make a huge difference by allowing me to use LEDs and keep the need for voltage down but still providing that even glow.

I actually hadn't considered building a spike grenade.

Daang carp! I like the idea for defusers, I was going to use LED's with a milky plastic behind it.

That method would actually work as well. I know that Vshore100 uses cut up pieces of the lid you get with a gallon of bondo as a light diffuser. The reason I use CD edges is because it scatters the light very effectively, and looks pretty cool in the process. But I can't take credit for the idea. I was introduced to this method by Adam.

Hey, would you have any pictures of your cutting tool for adding the holes to your chest armor? I'm waiting on my helm's inside rondo to cure... its been 3 days now... Noble is helpin me, but, when helm is cured, gonna bondo it's outside and then saw away with a dremel. I wouldn't mind knowing what bit to use before hand for a nice CLEAN cut... lol

Hey, would you have any pictures of your cutting tool for adding the holes to your chest armor? I'm waiting on my helm's inside rondo to cure... its been 3 days now... Noble is helpin me, but, when helm is cured, gonna bondo it's outside and then saw away with a dremel. I wouldn't mind knowing what bit to use before hand for a nice CLEAN cut... lol

Are you talking about this...

DSCN1548.jpg

If so, I used a rotary cutter bit for my Dremel. Rotary cutters are the ones that look like this...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLbhouZUFxNkVSn75DAh420kiJLF-6r2x0eJcgX1PlESHIxghQajuyuOf8Hw.jpg

I prefer using reinforced cutters (right on the pic) but they are usually a bit larger than the unreinforced cutters. Since the area I had to cut the slots into the chest were narrow, I had to use an unreinforced cutter. I'm very cautious when using an unreinfoced bit since I've had multiple cutters shatter while I used them in the past while I've never had a reinforced cutter shatter on me. On more than one occasion, back when I first started using a Dremel, pieces of a shattered cutting wheel missed my eye by mere millimeters. I always use eye protection now when dealing with cutting wheels. Can't be too careful.

As far as getting the clean cut, using a rotary cutter to get a cut like this just takes a bit of practice and patience. Honestly, even the slot that I cut in the pic above isn't all that clean. I knew that it was going to be covered by the border I put over the diffuser, so I just did a rough opening cut (done all the time in construction).

Those pipes could be the barrels of a turret? or perhaps for your battle rifle?

Really awesome great stuff. Definitely given me some ideas for my MK VI; and its really neat to see that you're almost done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back