Cleveland Gaming Classic Info and Roll Call: September 22 - 24, 2023

For those getting a hotel room... I'm considering staying for a second day but seeing as I've already gone to a few conventions this year I've got to watch the spending. How much would it cost me to join some of yall in the hotel?

Also, I would like to bring my hammer for photo ops, but there ain't no way I'm holding on to it for a full 2 hours. At fan expo I was able to lean it up against the weapons rack when I wasn't holding it, I hope that is something I will be able to do here?

For those getting a hotel room... I'm considering staying for a second day but seeing as I've already gone to a few conventions this year I've got to watch the spending. How much would it cost me to join some of yall in the hotel?

Also, I would like to bring my hammer for photo ops, but there ain't no way I'm holding on to it for a full 2 hours. At fan expo I was able to lean it up against the weapons rack when I wasn't holding it, I hope that is something I will be able to do here?
As far as I'm aware the hotel rooms are free for a few people. Check with NobleofDeath16 and sign up on the attached Exel sheet

Rooms are in fact still available, we still have one to fill that can fit a maximum of three folks if someone brings something like a cot.
In regards to your hammer, yes, that would be no issue. we will have the space.

UPDATE: For the weekend, parking will be free until 9:00AM for exhibitors. For load in, Parking is FREE for exhibitors if you enter the IX-Center Parking Lot BEFORE 5:00PM on Friday, September 22.

Exhibitors can arrive starting at 8:00AM

On Sunday, Exhibitors will be permitted to teardown at 4:00PM, early teardown not permitted.

"What if I need to purchase a table, chairs, or other items I have not purchased yet and have decided I want to rent from the show?

A: The cutoff window for additional items, i.e. tables, chairs, linens for your tables, etc. will be communicated. If you did not order these items through us - you will be required to supply them. ALL TABLES ARE REQUIRED TO BE COVERED. We recommend simply using a standard table cloth that will cover a 8' table. These are generally anywhere from $5 - $15 (see example here). If you need to add these items please do so as early as possible for us to order through our decorator." So we may need to account for tables but I'm looking at getting those ordered now as well as chairs. Tables are 32.50 per 8' table and 5.40 per chair. Table linen is 15.00 per linen to fit an 8' table.

Last edited:
UPDATE: For the weekend, parking will be free until 9:00AM for exhibitors. For load in, Parking is FREE for exhibitors if you enter the IX-Center Parking Lot BEFORE 5:00PM on Friday, September 22.
Im gonna take that $10 L on Friday. I got the OK to take a half day so I wont be up there until 8pm at the earliest

So right now with everything I'd believe we need its 218.20 USD to rent all necessary components. That is 8 chairs, four tables, and 3 linens for the tables as one will be dedicated to the changing space.

Rooms are in fact still available, we still have one to fill that can fit a maximum of three folks if someone brings something like a cot.
In regards to your hammer, yes, that would be no issue. we will have the space.
I'll gladly take that last spot in the hotel! I don't mind using an air mattress. I also signed up for a few slots on the sunday.

i can drop $50.00 on that total if need be
Same. I can drop $50 for the booth
If we split the total among all members attending it will cost less that $15 ea. I think this would be the ideal solution.

Is there a specific time of day that we wan to try and make sure we have all costuming members suited up for a big group photo? If so, which day and what time?

Unrelated to renting stuff, once our shift for photo-ops is over, can we still hang around the booth in armor, or do we want to make sure everybody has space? I'll probably stay in suit most of the day either way.

Unrelated to renting stuff, once our shift for photo-ops is over, can we still hang around the booth in armor, or do we want to make sure everybody has space? I'll probably stay in suit most of the day either way.
In the past I’ve hung out at the booth after my actual shift is done. Really the only big thing is that we don’t want to have to many people that the booth gets overcrowded, but with us having a 40ft booth, I think we’ve got enough room. Tbh I plan on being at the booth 90% of the time.

Correct me if I’m wrong though NobleofDeath16

In the past I’ve hung out at the booth after my actual shift is done. Really the only big thing is that we don’t want to have to many people that the booth gets overcrowded, but with us having a 40ft booth, I think we’ve got enough room. Tbh I plan on being at the booth 90% of the time.

Correct me if I’m wrong though NobleofDeath16
You nailed it on the head. Just watch your corners, don't crowd folks, but have a good time at the booth

Additional question in regards to props: Are we okay with bringing functional props (actions/moving slides), or should we stick with static props for the most part?

Additional question in regards to props: Are we okay with bringing functional props (actions/moving slides), or should we stick with static props for the most part?
I can’t find any set rules on their site, but cons are typically ok with props with moving parts. What would an example of a functional prop be?

Functional as in able to fire a projectile (nerf, bb, or the like)? No.

Functional in not being able to fire a projectile but has "Action features" like a working slide or removable magazine? Yes, but make sure the barrel is plugged and or it has an appropriate orange tip. I also, personally, would not have the props with moveable parts on display or useable by the public, as there is a higher chance of those kind of items being broken. I also would not make a big show around the public about functions like racking slides or the like, as that might confuse someone into thinking it is a functional (as in firing) item and might get you reported to security and or the police.

Functional as in able to fire a projectile (nerf, bb, or the like)? No.

Functional in not being able to fire a projectile but has "Action features" like a working slide or removable magazine? Yes, but make sure the barrel is plugged and or it has an appropriate orange tip. I also, personally, would not have the props with moveable parts on display or useable by the public, as there is a higher chance of those kind of items being broken. I also would not make a big show around the public about functions like racking slides or the like, as that might confuse someone into thinking it is a functional (as in firing) item and might get you reported to security and or the police.
Good to know! I've got an Oddworks AR that has a working slide, but I'mma just play it safe and bring my static props this time.
Side note, I think a couple of us are planning on bringing our Nerf ARs and just not bringing darts. Is that still ok?

Side note, I think a couple of us are planning on bringing our Nerf ARs and just not bringing darts. Is that still ok?
Must conventions are pretty explicit that all prop must be non-functioning/non firing replicas, so I would recommend at least fabricating some kind of temporary barrel plug for the convention if you are not willing to permanently disable your Nerf weapon. I'm brining mine, for example, and in addition to modifying the magazine to make it game accurate in height, which removes its ability to actually load darts, I did open it up and remove some of the internals both for weight and to ensure it could not fire even if it was some how loaded.

This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back