Cog Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Major Pain said:
Can't wait for the release Spartan051. Just wanted to stop by and show a few pix of my boy's halloween costume. Thanx to Spartan051, PSberetta, GearsofHalo, and all the others that helped and supported this thread. Once all the new pep is done(Helmet, upper arms, and thighs) i'll start mine.

The only thing that holding me to getting the upper arms and the thighs done are reference pictures

so as soon as i get some that i can make use of ill be glad to post them

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so i think ive made it clear on this forum that my past attempts at PEP have been...well....lets say its not worth the paper its printed on hehe

so...i want gears armour more than i want spartan armour (and i want a spartan pretty bad!!!!!) but my pep skillage just aint gonna cut it!

(insert point of lowest lowness.....uuum.......yeah)

then...to my disbelief, a guy joins the mercs who is making some seriously cool stuff with pep, then...i find that he lives in the NEXT TOWN OVER!!!!

so me and my flatmate have got hold of him.....and it looks like he will build us a set each

(insert point of happiest happiness)

then! gears 2 is released...and i manage to pre-order it in time to be able to purchase a screen accurate and full scale lancer....only its gold...£15 of paint later and hey presto...i has screen accurate lancer...COG armour is hopefully gonna be a WIP soon

i'll let you know as soon as i have some progress....and will post up pics of my lancer tomorow!

oh cool. thats good luck for you. sadly I had made a chest and back then found out that I couldn't use resin, and then to top it all off my bro pushed me on it.............and then it was gone. lol. But now I am all smiles because tlither the great made me a new one for a great price, and resined and glassed it. so I guess we both had a stroke of luck on these! but I can't wait for your lance. If it is anything like the in-game gold lancer, then that is one seriously cool goody!

spartan114 said:
ok so i think ive made it clear on this forum that my past attempts at PEP have been...well....lets say its not worth the paper its printed on hehe

so...i want gears armour more than i want spartan armour (and i want a spartan pretty bad!!!!!) but my pep skillage just aint gonna cut it!

(insert point of lowest lowness.....uuum.......yeah)

then...to my disbelief, a guy joins the mercs who is making some seriously cool stuff with pep, then...i find that he lives in the NEXT TOWN OVER!!!!

so me and my flatmate have got hold of him.....and it looks like he will build us a set each

(insert point of happiest happiness)

then! gears 2 is released...and i manage to pre-order it in time to be able to purchase a screen accurate and full scale lancer....only its gold...£15 of paint later and hey presto...i has screen accurate lancer...COG armour is hopefully gonna be a WIP soon
i'll let you know as soon as i have some progress....and will post up pics of my lancer tomorow!

This armor you dont need much pep skills just time.

Glad to see you found a guy that making one (should try to get him to join here so he can post his work). Whats mercs? guessing its a airsoft things with the name mercs but you never know.

Im about to start mine but that wont be until January since i got a month off from school and should have money (should have saved not bought European jeans but it was well worth the money)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks SKG.

This took me for ever to find because i had know idea it was in the skicky area

Well looks like i got to finish those arms and legs if this is going to be skickied and before i starting a new 3d project

Spartan 051: Congrats on your new stickidomhood(thats a word right?) I was wondering if you were interested in trying to consolidate all of the Gears universe resources into your thread? What i mean is now that the thread is pinned, we could turn the thread into a one stop resource for Cog Armor. If we could get others who have contributed to making models and file to play along, you could host all the files on the thread. Top of my head i would try to get Agbates, Ice, and daftndirekt to contribute thier Carmine helmet files. Also I would be honored if you put the lancer unfold i did on your front page. I also believe Rundown is still working on a lancer model. Hopefully we can get him on board. Anyways, think about it. maybe we can get more and more COG builds if we get everything organized.

Maj. Pain

here's the file:
http://rapidshare.com/files/154753055/Ulti..._scale.pdo.html

Ah my pleasure Spartan :) You've really worked hard to get the files to the community and well, playing GOW 2 made me want some armor, hahahaha. So now we can all find em easier :)

Would just like the work going on in this forum is fantastic and really inspiring...

im in a sci-fi charity costuming group here in the uk and hope to have a completed COG suit soon so i can wear it around and help raise money.... alot of the members of our group are starwars orientated so i want to branch off and make some more unique suits...

theses files will help me do this on an affordable level as we take no money at all for doing events etc (not even fuel or anything it all comes out of our pockets so 100% of the money raised is donated)

thanks again in advance and look forward to the rest of the peices....

i will post pics of my progress as i soon start building, will be my first time pepakura-ing if there is such a term lol

wish me luck haha!

** i have seen a forumla in another post but that refers to specific designs and it may be different for these ones hence y im asking lol***

was just wondering... ive gone over this thread and not read it (althought i may have missed it so slap me if i have)

but is there a working formula to scaling the designs you have here? so you have an idea im 6ft 3" and loosing weight muuuhahahaha so hard over xmas!!!

im largish, i think im fat but people say because of my height im resonablly in proportion... so i'd say im the frame of a muscly 6ft 3 but flabb not muscle haha

will certailny bulk out the armour.... seen some people in there suits and the large bulkyness of them made them look sorta stick man like....

any suggestions of the scale input? will be on pepa 3

thank u all kindly in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back