Cog Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sparta said:
hey i'm real new here lol, are those rapid share files all the armour pieces i need to open in Pepakura? then i can build the armour?

also is there anyone out their that knows or wants to make a standard sizing list for their armour pieces, EG if you are 5ft you need to type in thios scaling so it will fit.

I really want to make some COG asrmour to run around in :)

Only problem with working with sizing is the other thing that goes with your height.... your width. Now Cog armor shouldn't really matter on this subject on the other hand since it is greatly exaterated in size. But scaling isn't as hard as it seemed. If you use inches, measure from point A to B and covert to mm.

oh and MC thx for the welcome. Yeah i figure if Cole and Marcus can be different from the rest of the COG soldiers why can't I haha. I'll do a pep armor after halloween though, i just want to go for a good effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey fam, thought id drop in and show a little update on my suit. Im just about done. All i have to do is the lights, a couple of more decal drawings, and a few more screws.

***THIS IS FAN CREATED ARMOR AND AM I IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH EPIC GAMES OR ITS COMPONENTS. ALL LOGOS ARE PROPERTY OF EPIC AND THIS ART IS NOT INTENDED FOR PROFIT OR RESALE***

GavinGOWsuit029.jpg

GavinGOWsuit032.jpg

GavinGOWsuit036.jpg

Not quite sure how im going to do the lights anymore since i broke my cutting tool. Maybe i'll just drill a few holes and just have the LEDs just poke out. I don't know. my son really wants them so i have to figure something out. Anyways just wanted to share and i hope Spartan51 doesn't get mad that i kind of hijacked his thread to show my suit. No disrespect.

That looks great Major Pain, if they looks so nice up close at normal viewing distance it'll be stunning!

Thanx for the kind words guys, but does anyone have any ideas as to how I can install the shoulder lights without a precise cutting tool?

Major Pain said:
Thanx for the kind words guys, but does anyone have any ideas as to how I can install the shoulder lights without a precise cutting tool?

How i would do it would be just use a drill with the correct bit size as the lights.

Not quite sure how im going to do the lights anymore since i broke my cutting tool. Maybe i'll just drill a few holes and just have the LEDs just poke out. I don't know. my son really wants them so i have to figure something out. Anyways just wanted to share and i hope Spartan51 doesn't get mad that i kind of hijacked his thread to show my suit. No disrespect.

*runs up and strangles Major Pain*

I really dont care i love seeing builds.

But great suit by the way. Any plans on a suit for your self?

Looks like i need to get those upper arms and legs done and pep

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the idea Psberetta. Im going to go find one of those saws today so i can finish up.

Spartan051: I am going to make a suit, but no time soon. Im actually trying to learn how to use clay so i can build one that way. If i can't get my skills up to par then im going to rely on the foamies method.

By the way guys, i've been working on unfolding this lancer model i found at the google 3d warehouse. It is by far the most detailed model i've seen. Its not perfect to scale( Mine is 26" long as the real weapon is 36" long according to Amazon's dimensions) , but i am trying to make it a really easy build. I have got it down to around 23 pages and all of the parts are together. What i mean is you could build it page by page without having to look for small pieces or numbers all over the place. Anyways, i'll let you guys know when its ready if you guys want it.

WOWIE!!!! Thats is sooo awesome love to see a full body shot of u wearing it! I Think 405th should make this site a dedicated FAN MAKING COSTUME SITE!!!! I LOVE MY Halo 3 armor and arbiter armor that we've created soo far but theres just too much other talent on here just to say it a site based on halo armor. I think GOW armor ROCKS!!! Yous guys are all doing such amazing feats of work here keep it up!! The world depends on our awesomeness!!!!

UNSC

nicely said! I will also be doing the foamies trick thanks to Pain. HE is great for that, I advise people to use that method, I mean just look at the finished product.

Thought this needed a nice bump for the upcoming game

I wondering if any one as good screen grabs of the thighs and the upper arm?

Then i will be redoing the the rest of the pdo and have scaling info

Can't wait for the release Spartan051. Just wanted to stop by and show a few pix of my boy's halloween costume. Thanx to Spartan051, PSberetta, GearsofHalo, and all the others that helped and supported this thread. Once all the new pep is done(Helmet, upper arms, and thighs) i'll start mine.

Halloween2008034-1.jpg

Halloween2008061.jpg

Halloween2008024.jpg

Just wanted to show the lights.

Maj. Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back