Custom Made Darth Vader ROTS WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great, you have another wonderful build going.
Thanks man. I hope it comes out wonderful.

I am still waiting to hear from the 501st guys on if it is accurate enough. They seem to be ignoring my thread. O well. For now the chest is on hold until I finish the shins. Hopefully that will grab their attention enough.

Here is an update.

The shins are hardened and a layer of fiberglass matte is on the inside. One layer of fiberglass matte seems to be about as strong as 2 layers of fiberglass cloth.
100_1611.jpg

100_1612.jpg

100_1613.jpg

I hope to cut all of the detail off and rondo thou outside in a little while.
Enjoy.

Great job Justin. Looks like the matte was done nicely. Symmetry looks great still, so no warping. Awesome work!
The matte wasn't as messy as I thought it would be. There were a few warps, but they were not obvious, and Bondo fixed them right away.
Nice job Justin, keep the updates coming man.:)
Thanks, I plan to have as many updates as I can, until it is done.
I'm curious as to what you made the undersuit out of?
I made it out of old clothes, vinyl leather, and some padding.

Well after 3 coats of Bondo and a lot of sanding, here are the almost perfectly sanded shins. There are still a few imperfections, but here is where they are now.
100_1616.jpg

I cut out the detail from acrylic
100_1617.jpg

Then glued it into place.
100_1618.jpg

I will have to fill in the gaps with Bondo, but that will have to wait until later.

Let me know what you think.

I think it looks great!!! now all you need to do is buy one of those handy dandy scar/fake blood halloween kits from walmart, some white makeup, and shave your head bald, and you'd be good to go if your bucket ever gets taken off. lol

I think it looks great!!! now all you need to do is buy one of those handy dandy scar/fake blood halloween kits from walmart, some white makeup, and shave your head bald, and you'd be good to go if your bucket ever gets taken off. lol
If someone tries to take my helmet off, I will force choke them. :cool
Looks great, Love how you throw the acrylic into you're builds.
Thanks man. The acrylic is easy to work with , and helps to make it look perfect.

After a lot of sanding and freehand shaping I am pretty pleased with the shape of the shins. Here they are with the first coat of primer.
100_1619.jpg

100_1620.jpg

Now it is time for the fine detail sanding. Hopefully these will be done by the end of the week.

Thanks for looking.

Coming along nicely Justin. Out of curiosity, what goes in the indentations on either side of the shin?

Well I am pretty much done with the sanding of the main body of the shins.

100_1623.jpg

100_1624.jpg

All I have left to do is finish the indentations, and add the square spikes. These will be done next week.

Ooooh so nice and smooth. Can't wait to see the finished product on the shins.
Thanks, Thorn. They are getting close.

Well after a long time, I have finally returned to this project. :D

I spent a ridiculous amount of time sanding and tweaking and filing on these stupid indents on the shins. But they are almost done.
102_3524.jpg

102_3525.jpg

I just have to do some small filler in a few spots and then they will be pretty much done.

As always let me know what you think, or if anything needs adjustment.

Those look wonderful! I thought vader had asymmetrical shins though- I thought his right was longer than the left for some reason. Maybe I'm thinking of a different version of vader though. Maybe his thighs are uneven? Ahh wth, those look amazing man. Keep the updates coming.

Thanks Rosh. You are correct about the uneven shins, but that is only for the OT Vaders. The EP 3 Vader was made to be perfectly symmetrical.

I figured that you had done your research before doing all that work. They do look wonderfully smooth too. Great work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back