Custom Made Darth Vader ROTS WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all of the comments guys.

Ok. After some thought, I have decided to mold these. I did some fine tuning, and made one of the shins to be completely symmetrical, so it can be molded and then create castings for the left and right. I had to bring in the bottom ankle parts, because they flared out too much. I also did some more tweaking on the indents. And then it was ready for the spikes. Here is the final primer:
102_3536.jpg

102_3537.jpg

I hope to get the gloss black done on it within the next few days, and then I can start the molding process.

Hope you enjoyed seeing this as much as I have.

I did some fine tuning, and made one of the shins to be completely symmetrical, so it can be molded and then create castings for the left and right.

Oh yes? Really??!? Please, tell me how you did it!! Me and symmetry kinda have a "thing" going on, and I'm always interested if there's a better way than how I'm doing it. Very nice work, too, looking forward to seeing the shiny black!!

DUDE!! This is awesome, i am happy to find this thread, i love starwars lol :)
Everything looks great so far man, keep it up

Couldn't you vacuum-form it?
I would rather cast it in resin and polyester. I can get much more detail with a silicone mold.

Oh yes? Really??!? Please, tell me how you did it!! Me and symmetry kinda have a "thing" going on, and I'm always interested if there's a better way than how I'm doing it. Very nice work, too, looking forward to seeing the shiny black!!
Well, I had it pretty symmetrical from the beginning. Anything that was off I fixed before I did did any bondo. There were a few parts that I had to eyeball and just wing it. Just looking at it from as many angles as possible, and if it looked off I would try to reshape it. There isn't much of a science to it, just tweak it untill it looks right.

DUDE!! This is awesome, i am happy to find this thread, i love starwars lol :)
Everything looks great so far man, keep it up
Thanks. Glad you like it.

Wow, so smooooth! Your work is incredible! I didn't think that a Darth Vader from pep could look this nice. I really can't wait to see the rest now. Great job!

Thanks guys.

I got my clay in finally, and built it up for the mold.
102_3544.jpg

Here is the print layer of silicone.
102_3545.jpg

Hopefully later I can add a thicker layer.
Enjoy.

After 5 layers of silicone, a layer of rondo, and then a layer of fiberglass, this mold is ready. I ran out of my regular resin, and luckily found another can on a shelf, that is why the fiberglass jacket is two colors.
102_3550.jpg

Here are both parts all trimmed out.
102_3552.jpg

And the final assembly.
102_3554.jpg

I also got some more casting resin in, but that will have to wait until next week.

Hope you enjoyed this.

I did my first set of pulls. I sprayed primer into the mold, and then put down 2 layers of fiberglass mat. There are a few imperfections, but overall I am very pleased.
102_3564.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back