Dragon*con '09 Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 18, but I feel like procrastinating. So if it comes down to it; I'm definitely sleeping in my car. NO ONE CAN STOP ME NOW.

But srsly- wuts goin on.

How much is the Hyatt with the supposed discount?
Whats the group code?
How come it says the Hyatt Regency is not available online? (I take it thats the good one)

Wuts goin on? :(

Haha, first time goer for the win

Someone do it for me:(

Its $156 a night for the Hyatt, which in comparison to what it would costs in aus (even when factoring in the exchange rate) is VERY cheap. I don't know how much it normally is in Atlanta, sorry.
It will say thats its unavailable online until the D*con site tells everyone next years code (I think thats how it works) for now, book over the phone.

Remember to deal with the hotels on the phone and ask for the "Dragon*Con Rate". Numerous people have said this already.

Don't forget about the Lodging thread I put up so you can try and workout room arrangements with other members here.

A few of us are working stuff out through PM's. When we book the room we'll post it on the lodging thread.

hey i know this will sound noob but were is d*con at? Atlanta GA.? and what building (like a convention center

rvb18 said:
plz just post the state city and place not a thread for me to look at.

Dude, just look at the freaking thread. it will take you two minutes and you'll learn everything without everyone else having to drop everything just for you. Laziness goes nowhere

That having been said, I think I might be able to go in 2010 once I graduate from High school, even a procrastinator like me should have armor done by then (assuming Halo is still popular, but i"m sure it will be).

Last edited by a moderator:
One more bit of info. There are two Hyatt hotels in downtown Atlanta. The one in the D*C info list is one of the Con hotels.

But there is another one a good bit away from the Con site. So if you are taking a taxi or using a map seach make sure you are using the correct address listed for the hotel.

Hyatt Regency Atlanta:
265 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
404-577-1234

Not sure if there are second hotels of the others. Just make sure to use the right address for all of them.
Just be really specific to the taxi driver on which one you want to go to. Not just say "Take me to the Hyatt" you might not get the right one.

all you need to do is make the reservation now with it Friday thru Monday, and keep calling back to see if u can change it and add Thursday i did that last year or you make the res for Friday thru Monday and crash in someones room one night for little money towards there room

The Hilton, The Marriot, and the Sheraton have not started accepting reservations yet - apparently due to their internal booking systems all of the room blocks allocated to DCon have not been released for reservations yet. Sooooo... even though they are "sold out" it's only because the rooms have been allocated but have not been released yet. I know that at least the Marriot will technically not begin taking reservations until October 1st. After staying at the Hilton this year, I think it's time to trade up to the Marriot for '09...

Is there any concensus as to where people are trying to book? It would be great if at least most of us could try to book rooms in the same hotel...

bleh, if anyone gets a good locational hotel (hopefully hangover friendly) lemme know, I might chip in in exchange for a sofa or floor to crash on.. I'm really not too picky as long as it's close, my boots SUCK and walking in them sucks more.

Oh and if your blue I might kill you in your sleep (just a side note)

Dreads said:
THE HYATT IS FULL! No more reservations for the Thursday - Monday rate. only the Friday thru ,Monday
Insert swear word here.

p0rtalman said:
Insert swear word here.

They will open up more blocks as time goes on. Be patient! They don't open up all the rooms at once for only Dragon*Con.

Well I saw the card idea (the one that we can hand out to curious people) that Adam put out and 23Magnum and hear is the beginning of my idea just the front so far

Please tell me what you think and some suggestions are welcome

Something I think we should do Is actually have somebody wear an Elite Costume during the Costume Parade. Just to show we do more than Just Spartan Armor and Weapons. If you're reading this Sean, since I think you have the only completed Elite(Arbiter) Costume on the Forum, what are your thoughts on it?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back