Dragon*con '09 Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i sent them an email asking what was need to march in the parade. i will let you know when they respond

23Magnum said:
Nope that's a good question. I haven't made any calls and I don't think Jax has either. I imagine Jax is busy with wedding plans. I don't know if anything has been worked out yet for the parade or not. I think we were looking to make a list of people definitely going and wearing suits/costumes first before we looked into it for this year.

Still it wouldn't hurt to be ready when we have that list. If you'd like to look into it for us, you're more than welcome. ;)

Otherwise, I might look into myself here soon.

You were right... :) I was busy getting married! I'm now a taken man! Anyways...yeah Rob handled a lot of the issues last year regarding the parade but in the end I think it more or less became a gaggle.

Here is the information I can provide so far in regards to the parade for D*C 09:

It is held on Saturday, Sept. 5 at 10:00 a.m. and you have to have a D*C membership in order to participate. Pre-con parade registration is recommended but not required. There is an easy registration form to sign up on the website and I can take care of registering us once I know we have a definitive # of people showing up in armor to march in the parade.

According to the official D*C parade site "Banners, flags, streamers, floats, decorated vehicles, music and other noisemakers are allowed and encouraged. Show off your alter ego! Be creative! Have fun!" So if anyone has any ideas let us know.

I'm still trying to get a definitive # of who is coming to D*C this year and it's only 99 days away. I want us to be better organized than last year when I finally ran into the 405th group the final evening of Dragon*Con. Talk about a total bummer!

If you have any questions respond here or send me a private message and I'll provide as much information as I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaxjags2100 said:
You were right... :) I was busy getting married! I'm now a taken man! Anyways...yeah Rob handled a lot of the issues last year regarding the parade but in the end I think it more or less became a gaggle.

Here is the information I can provide so far in regards to the parade for D*C 09:

It is held on Saturday, Sept. 5 at 10:00 a.m. and you have to have a D*C membership in order to participate. Pre-con parade registration is recommended but not required. There is an easy registration form to sign up on the website and I can take care of registering us once I know we have a definitive # of people showing up in armor to march in the parade.

According to the official D*C parade site "Banners, flags, streamers, floats, decorated vehicles, music and other noisemakers are allowed and encouraged. Show off your alter ego! Be creative! Have fun!" So if anyone has any ideas let us know.

I'm still trying to get a definitive # of who is coming to D*C this year and it's only 99 days away. I want us to be better organized than last year when I finally ran into the 405th group the final evening of Dragon*Con. Talk about a total bummer!

If you have any questions respond here or send me a private message and I'll provide as much information as I can.

Actually i got us registered for the parade already and have a sign up seat for it aswell. so we are good there

Dreads said:
Actually i got us registered for the parade already and have a sign up seat for it as well. so we are good there

Oh wow ok awesome! Now we just need to coordinate things and make sure everyone can find each other.

working on that as well a new project that is just for dragon con wil be done my me soon to help with communication for dcon this year wait and see

i posted this in the parade thread too, but i wanted to make sure that if someone was bringing a flag or a banner that they got to see this.

ive got an atv that im definitely bringing to the con / parade, so if anyone is planning on bringing a flag or a banner then pm me and we can work out the details to get some sort of mount put together and give people a break from dragging them with them for the the entire parade.

Just a head's up...there's a couple changes for D*C 09:

New for 2009

Changes made for 2009:

* This year we will be using a thicker badge.
* Registration will be moving to the Sheraton.
* Eternals will have their own line at VIP badge pickup (also at the Sheraton).
* Fan tables will be at the Sheraton and outside of the Grand Hall of the Hyatt.
* Comic and Pop Artist Alley will be moving into the Art Show in the Grand Hall West of the Hyatt.
* Band tables will be moving into the Marriott.
* We are using an online application process for bands and other performance groups.
* We will again be putting some of the daytime main events in Centennial and Atrium Ballrooms onto Dragon*Con TV and notating it in the pocket program.

Announcements:

* This year’s charity is the GA chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association.
* The walkway between the Hilton and the Marriott is open.
* The Hilton has renamed its programming rooms to use numbers instead of names.
* The Walk of Fame will stay in the Grand Ballroom of the Hilton.
* Gaming will be in the Hilton and Sheraton.
* We have made a deal with the GA Aquarium. Saturday night 9/5/09 from 7:30 to 11pm, will be Dragon*Con night at the Aquarium. Tickets will be available for $17 in advance. We will run busses. Stay tuned for details.
* We have established online programming for tracks.

If I can do anything to help like wandering advertising for the infantry, or table operating at some point, i would love to help out as a con veteran and a 405th newbie. I can easily make some cards to hand out advertising the web site and and what everyone does.

cellphonegod said:
If I can do anything to help like wandering advertising for the infantry, or table operating at some point, i would love to help out as a con veteran and a 405th newbie. I can easily make some cards to hand out advertising the web site and and what everyone does.

Im in the same boat. If I can help out in anyway I would love to. Hell, the amount of help and people i have bugged for help i think i owe the 405th sumpin' haha! Please pm me if i can help out in anyway.

Are we going to have cards to hand out this year? Its so much easier than explaining everything to every single person. Do we have a table? Are there any meeting times agreed up on yet? D*Con is only about 2 months away, we need to make sure we're ready.

I'm all with the post above me, what is it 76 days away? comin rather quickly and with school its gonna be here just in a blink. was thinkin about going through the id lines in costume but then decided nah against that remembering the last two years. I'll just be dark jedi.

my tag name is cellphonegod

already got my postcard.

checkin in to the hyatt asap on friday morning.

yeah i've been lazy on my photo uploads and i apologize.

so i wonder if my paint can get tacky in the sun lol, anyone ever had that experience????

I just got hired on a new job so I'm not sure what time we'll be checking in. I'm a contractor so I can pretty much get the day off, just won't get paid for it. Plan on getting there sometime early afternoon on Friday, checking in at the Hilton.

Apparently noone reads the lodging thread anymore.

Does ANYONE have space in their hotel room they'd be willing to let me crash in/help pay for. I really want to go to D'con, but not if I don't have a place to sleep. :(

i know this is something of a necro, but i didnt want to start a new thread for this.

i just saw where this year at the con they will be trying to break the guiness world record for the most people dancing to Michael Jackson's Thriller at the same time. i know my group and i are definitely going to be there, but i wanted to see if anyone from here would want to participate. i cant decide between doing it in my Ghostbusters gear or in the ODST gear. it really just depends on which fandom has the bigger group of participants. post up and let me know what you think!

Aside from the Parade, obviously, are there any other ideas of when there will be a large group of people in Halo costumes together? I'm now committed to marchi nthe parade as Spider-man with another group, but I would love to get some pictures of everyone in their gear.

Well I'm working really really hard on my armor everyday but I don't think I can finish in time :(....

Anyway, any groups? Are we gonna have a table? Are we gonna have cards? We need to have this info all straightened out people. One week till con time.

hey, its been a while since i posted but eh, if you see this guy in the picture then tell him hotcaptain from blogtv says "hey"

dragon spartan said:
hey, its been a while since i posted but eh, if you see this guy in the picture then tell him hotcaptain from blogtv says "hey"

like if we see him at dragoncon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back