Dragon Con 2009 Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay i will change us form optional vehicle to having one now and i believe there is a 405th banner. Adam if you have one or know of one please let me know. and i will see about a red or blue flag for the parade as well.

Im glad to see that you bumped this one i was thinking of doing the same for the new members

(y) Is their any way I can be added to the list of parade marchers, First time going as halo character and will definitly have my armor finished with either eod style or normal original style mark VI. I already have my room booked at the HYATT and ticket purchased months ago for the entire event :cool: .
I just joined this group today but I'm very excited about learning about different and better ways to make things and detail them. would love help if anyone in the north georgia area wants to get together and work on costumes/weapons for a day.
my dragon con ID name is cellphonegod.
heard this is the unit to become part of so here i am, reporting for duty. [attachment=9831:halo_full_body2.JPG]

Anyone who is able to get together for a little work on guns and costume parts i would be more then happy to host at my place in north west GA, Will have plenty of "beverages" while we work and just could really use some pointer tips and education form someone in person as its always easier to learn hands on.
Right now my gun is one of those plastic deals just repainted and my chest armor needs a small peice added to it but dont wanna mess up what i have already got. Gotta look good for the parade so anyone interested just send me a messege on my profile.
See ya'll at the con.

I plan on being there to march, either in my blue Mark V or a Halo 3 Marine.

with everyones permission and involvement, I would think it a great idea to add what color and style armor they will be going with to the parade so that we know what we have attending and if people with more then one costumes see a mojority of one kind they can have the option of adding variety with a secondary style.

I myself will be a red spartan with either a MarkvI helmet or EOD helmet depending on which turns out best.

I can't make it this year, but I'm going to do my best to be there next year, depends on where the army is stationing me though.

will definitely have my armor done an probably detailed nicely by then.

save a spot for me in next years march! lol

sorry for the slight necro here, but Dreads, you can mark me down at like 50% sure, and i am going to march if i can come. so yeah,,,,put me down as a mabe.

Not this year just got a job going after 3 years of searching even though it's not my knid of job but money is money, but next year I'll be there and ready.

I'm 80% sure I'll get to go to Dragon con. If I am able to go, I'm definitely in.. so long as you don't mind a pink spartan (and his lovely pink marine girlfriend!)

I have a blue flag from Halo CE that I will be bringing.

How long is the parade, miles wise? It's pretty tough walking in armor, so I just wanted to see.

Pics of said flag: (click to enlarge)

My boots are 5lbs each, as I'm sure many of you have heavy equipment. How hard is it to actually walk in the parade? How fast does it move? What temp is it usually in the parade during the first days of Sept? I wouldn't think it would be much different from memphis, so I'd expect it to be pretty hot and humid. It's my first convention in the Atlanta area, so I'm not too sure how it's going to be, and I'd like to prepare myself.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back