Dragon*con 2010 Parade Planning & Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, we will have badges. ill be picking them up at the parade table when i get to the con thursday. they just stick right to your regular dragoncon badges. and i didnt even think about the no cell phone issue that some may have, so thanks for bringing that up!

these calls will be made at the con. if you dont have a cell phone for whatever reason at whatever time, before or during the con, then the only way youre going to be able to reach me is by actually seeking me out personally, or hopefully maybe run in to at least someone with the info that can relay it. if you need to find me personally at the con, i will provide my cell number for all the con-goers, but ill only be in armor one or two days, the other time youre going to be looking for a group of ghostbusters, or a scarlet spider. and ill have bright yellow accents on my armor, so i should be able to spot regardless of which day it is. or if you have a computer then you can email me directly or thru the 405th. either one. i check both very often.

A good place for a large group to have pictures taken would probably the Marriott Marquis main lobby and surrounding areas. The Hyatt is alway more crowded and security tries to funnel everyone through as quickly as possible. The Marriott's lobby however is very spacious and there are a few alcoves that may be open to us to use as photo op locations. It of course depends again on security and how willing they are to put up with us being there.

It's easier to pick one place to "set up shop" and stay there with a large group of people. You can always break off into smaller groups too and walk around as well.

Most of the time as long as you get permission ahead of time for the photoshoot and as long as it does'nt collide with another groups photoshoot, everything will go well. If the Marriott Marquis main lobby does'nt work out I would suggest getting in touch with the Suntrust bank to do the photoshoot on thier front steps.

sad news. i just got off the phone with the mechanic i left the mongoose with and its probably not going to make it to the con. ive got a laundry list of problems on it, so its not looking good. sigh. nothing definite, but bad signs...

but for the business side, the mariott lobby sounds just fine for our meeting spot for both the get together and for the parade. ill go ahead and make it the definite spot for the parade meet up. Lets meet outside in their covered driveway / parking area right outside their main lobby doors. if it winds up being super hot, we will move the meeting to right inside the lobby doors, instead of waiting outside. i dont think that will be a problem, tho. time will still have to be determined later, the parade starts at ten i believe, but we have to be at the parade meeting spot earlier than that, which means we meet even earlier. so get your coffee ready.

It is true that Dragoncon begins on Friday but from my experience of going there since 2005, the parade has always been on the 2nd day of the convention, so it is on Saturday. I saw the 405th march last year. Inspired me to join this year with my own armor.

all of the appropriate emails have been sent, we should be officially registered now. keep giving me those names tho, im still going to need a count before the con so i can tell them how many ribbons we are gonna need. if you dont see your name on the list and are marching, then just shoot me an email.

all of the appropriate emails have been sent, we should be officially registered now. keep giving me those names tho, im still going to need a count before the con so i can tell them how many ribbons we are gonna need. if you dont see your name on the list and are marching, then just shoot me an email.

Well I havent got an email yet but my name is on the list so I guess its ok? Also this is my first time in the parade so I'm not sure what to do when I get to Dragoncon Saturday morning. Lol

sorry. i meant that all the emails have been sent to the dragoncon people registering our group for the parade. i havent sent out any specific emails to anyone besides the two or three people that had questions. as far as what to do, all you do is meet and march! right now the meeting place is the Mariott lobby. i havent received the hard schedule from the dcon people yet, but last year we were all supposed to be at the parade start point at 930. which means we will meet up about 9, and then walk to the starting area as a group. this isnt a definite time yet, but will most likely be what it winds up being. im actually booked in the mariott, so ill probably try to have my group there even earlier.

magnum, is there a 405th banner? or is there anyone that has some sort of flag that theyve got and want to bring?

I'm wondering if anyone is driving up to the convention, I could use a ride just for the morning of the parade since I'm staying with a Couchsurfing friend about 2 mi. away.

Sorry I haven't been around more to stick my nose in this thread. Time is short, and I want to get as much done for the convention as possible. I just wanted to make sure that my name gets on the marching list. I'll be there to march on Saturday morning in one of three costume I'll be bringing, most likely will walk in a new Reach suit that day, if not I'll be in a suitably tricked out ODST suit.

If anyone needs loaner weapons for the convention, do let me know, I'll be bringing my whole arsenal that day and won't be able to use everything for the parade. I'll have with me:

My ODST Automag
Pete Coopers SMG w/ ODST mods
Dogwizard Gravity Hammer
SB/Westaby Energy Sword
Adam AR
Jasman Plasma Pistol
Jasman Plasma Rifle
Pair of SB/Link M6C Magnums
Smick's Spiker

..and I guess if I have time to make a new Reach Weapon..

Also, we might want to send out a personal invite to Desolate to see if he'll walk with us. I know he's usually marching with the 501st as one of their many Vaders, but perhaps he'll walk with us and his turret if we ask nicely.

It helps to have someone who is Master Chief height in the group.. and Collin is certainly that:

DSC_0196.jpg

LMK if i can be helpful in any way. I'm crazy busy, but I'm always available to help, I do love this parade!

I have been focusing on getting my suit done so much. Everything is almost in BONDO stage but my weapons are still pep. I plan on doing them as soon as I finish the bodywork of the armor and I'm probably not going to get them all done. If I'm lucky I can finish my 2 M6G's, but right now the assault rifle is not looking likely and I know I'll never finish my energy sword this year. That kinda bummed me out because I was originally going to march with my sword.

i know i am not very active in this community but i can march with you guys on saturday.. me and Natalie will be there me as Masterchief and natalie as a female UNSC marine type costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back