Dragon*con 2010 Parade Planning & Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone needs loaner weapons for the convention, do let me know, I'll be bringing my whole arsenal that day and won't be able to use everything for the parade.

would you mind lending me a weapon? time is short and I dont have time for one. Ill only need to borrow it for the parade. anything will do.... but I call the energy sword if youre not using it.

Hey, who is the lead contact for the parade this year? I think I"m going to march with yall instead of the WPE. I just don't have the space for my maurader costume.

@Sean - Dibs on the grav hammer. :D Is Darin not coming this year? /disappoint

@all - I have a beatup (but still working) plasma rifle someone can borrow

There is a banner but I've got no clue who might have it.

ok. ill ask around and see what i can find out.

If anyone needs loaner weapons for the convention, do let me know, I'll be bringing my whole arsenal that day and won't be able to use everything for the parade. I'll have with me:

we are in the same boat, but not with as many weapons. we have a few extras that we will have with us for the parade, too.

Hey, who is the lead contact for the parade this year? I think I"m going to march with yall instead of the WPE. I just don't have the space for my maurader costume.

you beat me to it! lol. and im the parade contact for this year.

i know i am not very active in this community but i can march with you guys on saturday.. me and Natalie will be there me as Masterchief and natalie as a female UNSC marine type costume.

Great to hear it Collin! I've seen the Marine costume you're working on for Natalie and it's great! Thanks for joining us!

For those of you looking for the banner, i believe it's in Texas with Adam, I think johnny sent it back to Adam for them to use at Texas Comicon. Time to hit up Adam! Does anyone know if he's coming to D*con this year??

No fighting over dibs on loaners guys. I'll bring what i can that day, Jen and I are staying a little further away from the convention this year. Before the Con we should all exchange phone numbers for getting ahold of each other that weekend... cells are the only way to manage a group at D*con.

I'm wrapping up my obligations, going to be away on vacation from Aug 7-14. it's gonna be an exciting schedule this year! Woot!

Sorry man - at this point it looks like a big "NO". It's gone from a 5-6 hour drive to a 16-18+ hour drive and I just can't justify the cost this time around. I could fly in but without my gear...meh...it's just wouldn't be the same...

I haven't cancelled my reservation yet as there is still an outside chance I'll be there but it's not looking good. Between the move and the economy, that's a thousand bucks that I could use elsewhere. The last couple of years at DCon were fun, but as a group, we are not now what we once were (not necessarily bad, just different - if that makes any sense). I will miss hanging out with you guys, though. Good luck and I'm sure I'll be sorry that I missed the fun when it's too late to do anything about it!

I'm sorry to hear it Dogwizard, but I completely understand and agree with the assessment of overall unity. I kinda feel like we're not going to grow as a group without more far reaching comittment and a greater sense of direction and organization. I'm still hopefull which is why I'm making it a priority to be there, even in the absense of a regular job and expensive travel accomodations. It's just such a great time with great people and I love hanging out with all the 405ther's.

We'll keep our fingers crossed, but in your absense I'll tote a Grav Hammer with pride. Best regards :)

^^ Damn Dwiz. We'll miss ya buddy.

^ Sean, I believe that's a negatory on Grumbo being there. I think he mentioned something about not being able to make it last I heard from him. Then again, I could be completely talking out my behind.

well i may have a new toy for dcon.. i am working on something that will rock everyones world. ill post as things progress...

well i may have a new toy for dcon.. i am working on something that will rock everyones world. ill post as things progress...

sweeeeeeeet!!

sean, is the wife gonna march with us or is it just you?

and with the most recent additions we are at about 20 people!! most excellent!

Sorry, it's just me to march. As much as I have tried to convince Jen to march with us and let me make her a costume she doesn't want to be in the parade. So, she'll be on camera duty during the parade as in years previous. She's been planning on making a steampunk costume. but lately she's been taking long bike rides through the evening and going to bed early.. I'm not convinced that she'll get done in time.

Anyhow, one less to march, but one more to document us throughout the parade.

If you need to get ahold of Adam to get the banner, I think he's most active on Facebook and Twitter.

I'll see if I can message him about the banner on Facebook to see if he can send it to me, I'm packing all my stuff in a 55 gallon container for the Greyhound travel since I come in at 7 am on the 2nd. Sean if he says he can send me the banner and if I get it I'll hand it off to you at Dragon*Con, unless there's someone around Adam's area that's 405th and coming that they can bring it with them.

I'd love to march with you guys, but I won't be wearing a Halo costume. I'll be wearing my Russian Medic costume from Battlefield Bad Company 2. Hoping to find other people from the game there so I can march in the parade with them...

What day is the parade? I'll go change outta my Dead Space rig if you want and back into my halo suit if you guys need the extra people.

I'll totally ride on the back if you don't mind a girl spartan...

the parade is on saturday morning at ten i believe. if you do wind up marching, just let me know officially and ill add you to the list. no one minds a girl spartan. but if youre referring to the mongoose, then its out of commission until next dcon.

FOR THOSE ALREADY ON THE MASTER LIST: i just went thru and made an excel file with all of the info ive received so far. Ive got a solid chunk of info, but i still need real names, cell phone numbers, and/or email addresses from the following people:

23Magnum
SgtReynolds
KayaTetsu
{Cortana
Desolate / Natalie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back