Fan Film - Operation Chastity - 405Th Related Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd pick full-sized over scaled any day of the week. Accuracy is what I'd look for in a prop, and if that prop's accurate to almost 6ft long.... so be it, I'll have to unscrew the barrel when I transport it. Which I'm sure is what happens in real life anyways, so what's the problem?

Also, nifty concept art. I still have it in my head that this is set in England, and part of me wishes it was, rather than Argentina - us Brits need more Covie action.

SpartanG said:
surely they will fit the marines hands just as well as they do in the game,

think about it, the weapons dont change size when you steal them from you're allies, and the sniper rifle is meant to be huge. i've always had it in my head that it is based off the barret M107 .50cal sniper rifle/anti material rifle which has a fully assembled length of just shy of 5 feet! which is going to look massive in any ones hands!

Take a look here for the Barrets specs

and also, the new art is beautiful!

Actually, it was based off of some African anti-materials rifle.

I'll be buggered before I can remember the name of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
HELLO EVERYONE !

As a quick introduction to myself on the forum, my name is Dan and I am the Project Manager/ Lead builder of the Warthog, as briefed by the good man Peter Cooper.
My background is as a modelmaker for the advertising industry, and I like to work on Hot Rods and Classic cars in my spare time.
If you want to look through my more personal work its on www.themodelmaker.co.uk
as you can see, this means its a great project to take on!

Anyway, the build is happeneing as we speak, although due to the budget constraints it has to take second stage to the core jobs I work on here at Props Studios www.propsstudios.co.uk This means I now steam into it at random periods rather than it being a 9-5 job, hence the periodical updates.
I read in a link sent to me on the x-box site titled 'I got to drive the Warthog' (or something) that the WETA workshop took 20 people 8 weeks to make ! So far I have spent about three or four weeks and got this far already ! ;-)
( I think the maths works out that I would take 160 weeks to do the same thing)

Its funny how the smaller jobs take so long- I am still working on the seating and steering arrangements !
The main frame work is now on the body, however................

Hey Dan, welcome!

Thanks for the update. I'm sure everyone on here will love to hear all the details as and when things progress. :D

Spartan137 said:
Actually, it was based off of some African anti-materials rifle.

I'll be buggered before I can remember the name of it.

you are very right sir, coop linked it just after you posted, and that bad boy is even bigger! thats nearly 6 feet long! oh how i want one so much!

SpartanG said:
surely they will fit the marines hands just as well as they do in the game,

think about it, the weapons dont change size when you steal them from you're allies, and the sniper rifle is meant to be huge. i've always had it in my head that it is based off the barret M107 .50cal sniper rifle/anti material rifle which has a fully assembled length of just shy of 5 feet! which is going to look massive in any ones hands!

Take a look here for the Barrets specs

and also, the new art is beautiful!
According to the Halopedia Page the Sniper Rifle in halo 3 is 187.5cm long. That's well over 6' and a fair bit taller than me.

Glad I could help.

By the way this project looks awesome and if I wasn't in Australia I would dive in head first and smother myself in it.

So since the story requires several computer stations and laptops, I went out and got some! Panasonic Toughbooks, some operating, some busted.

toughbooks.JPG

Did a spray test - what do you reckon? Better in OD or bare metal?

toughbooks3.JPG

i'm just thinking from ecperience from the few field ex's i got out on while i was still in, and the laptops the cnc guys were playing with were either flat black or drab olive, same as the ones the artillery boys used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back