First build (H3:ODST)(Image heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks nice and i see you went with the halo 3: odst paint job. mine is going towards the halo 3 paint job. and the foam core make its alot more comfy to wear then am i right...... keep it up and i c you dont have any thighs in the pix why is that?

Cheers everyone! @Hugh: It's all because of you dude. ;)
@Spartan-005: The foam core makes it so much nicer, it's pretty claustrophobic as it is let alone with a restrictive plastic core I think! The thighs we left out at the last minute, I built this in two months for the deadline of this weekend so we had to be picky. We think we want to do the thighs with underarmour though, because they're not actually so bulky and obvious in Halo, more like a bit of detail on the pants.

@Krovikan: The visor was a bit of a stress, it was made by a plastics company for us because we'd been told definitely we could apply the film without creasing, I had my doubts that there was no chance, and… well, there wasn't. I think we'll try a few different colours but I really like the silver! When Joe first put the armour on it actually scared the living crap out of me, like Terminator had come to destroy me XD But I'm dead set on getting a perfect visor on when he's back, we've got a few simply yet effective ideas for polarising the visor too because of the film we're using on it, so we -should- be able to run it transparent and reflective!
-Elliot

i luv my core its not so bad to wear and with it all mounted it is still not that heavy...... im about 3/4 of the way done with my build

Sorry for the late reply! Thanks a lot for the kind words, and of course.. keep up your builds! :)
-Elliot

Hey guys, well im back to working on this suit, it needs a couple repairs and improvements after the con and spending alot of time in the damn thing.. i think i totted up something like 40 hours xD anyway the first thing i want to work on is making the leg peices 2 parts, as walking in that thing was ridicules to say the best.. xD - Joe

Hi fellow odst's I am planing on using casting resin on the inside of my odst build (when I get round to it) but I cant find any fibre glass to put on the outside and i hear that bondo can make the model heavy any suggestions for the noob? this is my first build.

cool im also building an odst suit out of pep (only helmet,EVA foam and insulation foam go on youtube and type in Dafrontlinetrooper thats where i have gotten the idea from and he has the steps on how to build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back