First Helmet, any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
in any case, if i get more of the same paper im using now, ill go for the H1 marine helmet, but if i get some cardstock, ill try something a bit more cool, like the recon or the H2 odst.

i would, but in my personal opinion, the halo wars helmets are ugly =P but for now i have to take a break from pepping, im all out of super glue, and paper D=

Hey cannibalistic, the smooth recon helmet would be the easiest to do of all and really card stock and superglue is a must really i am on 220gsm card stock done by kodak and picked up 32 sheets for pound/ dollar,
try checking the dollar shops...
and which E.O.D helmet was you trying? the one from reach or halo 3?
as the halo 3 one is a bit tricky... try the pilot helmet.. i am posting an unfold later or tomorrow..
for us noobs as i am 1 too.. see ya.:D
whitey

Also, while im asking whats a cheap alternative for strengthening?

There isn't one. You're going to sink ~$100 on strengthening. Just accept that fact. Buy a gallon of resin ($40), and that will get your started. A gallon will last through most, if not all, of a suit. Plus, that gets you a way to strengthen the piece until you get fiberglass.

well, i was attempting a halo 3 EOD helmet but it failed miserably. I'm getting some cardstock soon so when i get it ill prolly make Mark VI helmet or the smooth recon.

well i'm going to get started on a whole Mark VI suit, prolly with the smooth recon helmet. Already made a practice handplate. Prolly gonna post a picture in a few hours.

well, i was attempting a halo 3 EOD helmet but it failed miserably. I'm getting some cardstock soon so when i get it ill prolly make Mark VI helmet or the smooth recon.

i did mine of the halo 3 one and also to make it worse is that i did it inside out aswell lol Doh!
just got the face to do i thought about posting a WIP soon as i think it will make peeps laugh.. lol..
spartan-b312
cool i want to see pics of the result of the eod i have one peped in my photobucket
:O http://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/k594/spartan-057/
and i will for sure, and a nice pep too, as i said this is my first so please dont laugh.. lol

i just decided to take a break and do something simple, im really hoping to get some card stock soon though so i can actually starting building an entire suit.

Hey, I have the same dimensions as you. If you want to make the Halo 3 EOD helmet, make it 274mm tall. There's an easy HD file on the costuming wiki.

Hey, I have the same dimensions as you. If you want to make the Halo 3 EOD helmet, make it 274mm tall. There's an easy HD file on the costuming wiki.

Well i actually went about and measure my skull, made the height 279mm, i added a bit for padding and such.

And supports are good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back