First Master cheif (foam) build wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, this looks fantastic. The dremel-pain you went through for the under armour really brings it all together.

So, how do you get into your torso piece? Do you have clips on the upper shoulders, or do you just slide in through the back where the under armour connects?

And could you give a rough run down of how you painted? Like did you use a chrome or green base? :)

V-day with Chief!

Hey, yeah sure as regards to the torso piece i have magnetic clips on the shoulders (holding chest piece at top) with velcro under side for added support and the back has a velcro opening under the spine piece so i can wriggle in and out of it. The spine is attached last with velcro which hides all the openings.

Panting: First coats were plastidip in black, followed by grey primer then camo green ..wet sanding with a fine grit paper then re coats in camo green. For the scuff and battle damage i sanded the areas back and used a silver sharpie marker and tamiya weathering master( palette with orange rust, gun metal and silver) which can be applied with a cloth or brush finished off with rub n buff in chrome. I also dry brushed a lot of areas with acrylic paints in black and dirty tones if that makes sense to give the appearance of an aged damaged look. Lastly a light coat of lacquer for protection.
That's pretty ,much it. Hope this ramble was helpful :)

Added this pic from a shoot we did ..as you can see in the photo the top magnets didn't hold to well so added some velcro on shoulders ..fixed problem.

IMG_0512.jpg

Well we did it had tons of photo's taken waiting on the guys to send them in to me :) thought i would add a couple of pics of the day :)

Thanks to everyone for the hints and tips along the way...you guys have been awesome x

IMG_0614.jpgIMG_0673.JPGIMG_0683.JPG

Hey, yeah sure as regards to the torso piece i have magnetic clips on the shoulders (holding chest piece at top) with velcro under side for added support and the back has a velcro opening under the spine piece so i can wriggle in and out of it. The spine is attached last with velcro which hides all the openings.

Panting: First coats were plastidip in black, followed by grey primer then camo green ..wet sanding with a fine grit paper then re coats in camo green. For the scuff and battle damage i sanded the areas back and used a silver sharpie marker and tamiya weathering master( palette with orange rust, gun metal and silver) which can be applied with a cloth or brush finished off with rub n buff in chrome. I also dry brushed a lot of areas with acrylic paints in black and dirty tones if that makes sense to give the appearance of an aged damaged look. Lastly a light coat of lacquer for protection.
That's pretty ,much it. Hope this ramble was helpful :)

Added this pic from a shoot we did ..as you can see in the photo the top magnets didn't hold to well so added some velcro on shoulders ..fixed problem.

View attachment 8950

Wow, thanks so much for the step by step. It's really quite helpful. I can see how doing the base in green instead of metallic would work better with chief!

And those last few pics look amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back