( First PEP) Lets get started (might be pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow im blowen away, this is so cool. I so want to start my build but alass i have no funds as it's all going to pep and models.But can some one tell me how to or ware to get that program for the armor thing ?

got the outside harden going to start the inside.
100_2742.JPG

100_2743.JPG

The more and more that I look at those helmets the more I start to like the look. I may have to make my own one of these days. Looking forward to seeing the progress!

What you've got so far looks great! Just a little something I saw and I don't know if it was mentioned already or you meant to do it...but the vents on the sides of the CQB are all supposed to protrude outward, not one step out then back in. It looks kinda cool the way you've got it. It's just an observation of mine. I tend to notice since I have finished one myself. Keep up the great work.:)

What you've got so far looks great! Just a little something I saw and I don't know if it was mentioned already or you meant to do it...but the vents on the sides of the CQB are all supposed to protrude outward, not one step out then back in. It looks kinda cool the way you've got it. It's just an observation of mine. I tend to notice since I have finished one myself. Keep up the great work.:)
i would have done side vents out a little but last min change. i have started to fiberglass the inside i got just a little more to go so maybe by tomorrow i can bondo
100_2746.JPG

100_2747.JPG

and if you eat egg drop soup the bowls it comes in is great for resin cause when it hardens you can squeeze and roll it around between your hands and the chunk comes out in one drop.
100_2748.JPG

the gold line is a 6oz mark i put on it

It looks really good so far, But i'd recommend giving it a bit more elbow grease and smooth it out somemore, It's look better.

Looking good, but I agree it is in need of more sanding and maybe spot filling before you get to painting. Especially the visor rim and around the protruding parts (horns and those lines on the forehead).

Not trying to knock you, but the side vents on the Reach CQB go inwards, unlike the Mk. VI which protrude outwards. See?

reach_20296937_Full.jpg

I noticed that with GothX's build. But keep the awesomeness comin man, nice work, I was debating whether to do a Hazop or a CQB at the beginning of my build, after I saw your build shore. lol

Thanks guys for the awesome input but this is my first at using any of this (pep, fiberglass, and bondo) so yeah its going to look less than spot on the first go but hey its been "fun"
Put caps on the tubes.... no really i did lol.... my son gave me the idea
100_2758.JPG

Those tubes look pretty sweet dude.. What did you use the caps from?

Also before you paint I wanted to point out there's a second step up on the back of the helmet, about 10 o'clock in that profile reference pic you have. I pointed it out in my build. I made it by building up a layer of bondo using a 4" plastic putty knife as a guide for the edge if that makes sense.

Oh and also you have to spray the crap out of those tubes with fusion paint cause any other paint just flakes off.

Not trying to knock you, but the side vents on the Reach CQB go inwards, unlike the Mk. VI which protrude outwards. See?

reach_20296937_Full.jpg

I noticed that with GothX's build. But keep the awesomeness comin man, nice work, I was debating whether to do a Hazop or a CQB at the beginning of my build, after I saw your build shore. lol
I stand corrected. Nice one Spartan. YOU WIN THIS TIME.......:)

Just a quick tip: After you primer coat the whole helm, use a primer filler to fill in some of the smaller pits and lines. It drys and sands really easy and its fast. It will help you smooth out you're helm a little and at the same time still give some rough edges that you can paint up as damage.

Love the Helmet so far.:)

Good call thorn. I also use regular housing spackle to fill small cracks and small dents in the bondo. Its way faster and easier to sand then bondo and can help get a smoother finish when you couple it with a thick sandable primer like Kilz spray. Be careful though because the spackle is a lot weaker then the bondo so it's only advisable for small cracks and pits where damage is less probable.

I found the answer to my Collar problem... some what however i must find a new answer cause the Acehigh file can no longer be found so i will have to find a new one. back to suffering the net for a file as good as that one was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back