First Project (Iron Man)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BopX I had the similar problem with it being too wide. What I did was made sure the length was good first. Then I cut out some of the pep underneath and glued it back together. I cut it so what I removed really didnt make the pep look off center and there wasn't any detail lost. I made the opening at the front pretty tight so I could just barely squeeze my hand through and it and then it wouldnt be so wide on the wrist. I had to harden the forearm first before I could manage to put it on after I cut it otherwise the paper would have ripped, thats how tight I made the opening. Once my hand gets through the opening, it will hardly need any padding to keep it in place.

project_phoenix said:
woooo! Ironman ftw! keep going!

thanks!

carlino said:
BopX I had the similar problem with it being too wide. What I did was made sure the length was good first. Then I cut out some of the pep underneath and glued it back together. I cut it so what I removed really didnt make the pep look off center and there wasn't any detail lost. I made the opening at the front pretty tight so I could just barely squeeze my hand through and it and then it wouldnt be so wide on the wrist. I had to harden the forearm first before I could manage to put it on after I cut it otherwise the paper would have ripped, thats how tight I made the opening. Once my hand gets through the opening, it will hardly need any padding to keep it in place.

hmm, that sounds like a good idea. I'm still gonna make another one because it's also too long, but thats helpful to know :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yaaaay, the forums are back up! I can finally update now :) I worked a bunch this weekend, so I hope this isn't too image heavy.

I finished pepping and resining my second helmet. It feels way too big, but it's only two centimeters bigger than my first one, which was too small. So I'm assuming I'm off a centimeter. I didn't want to pep a third helmet, so I decided to resin this one anyways. And it didn't warp! yaaaay. By now I've started putting the autobody filler on about half of it. I need a sanding block :\ I made one in middle school once, but I lost it... fooey.

I think this is my cleanest pep yet :)

[attachment=16702:sizehead2 fin1.jpg][attachment=16704:sizehead2 fin3.jpg]

[attachment=16706:sizehead2 fin5.jpg]

[attachment=16703:sizehead2 fin2.jpg][attachment=16705:sizehead2 fin4.jpg]

Glassing...

[attachment=16707:sizeheadresin4.jpg][attachment=16708:sizeheadresin3.jpg]

My awesome prom dress (while the rest of my highschool was going to prom that day, I was doin this haha)

[attachment=16709:sizeheadresinhi1.jpg]

Nice work on the build i noticed you are having the same arm problem i am what i did is took out about a .75 inch section in the front and about 1.5 inches in the back of the fore arm and it fits perfectally now ans the same thing with the fore arm insert :D. Another forseeable problem you might have is the shin piece because from what i understand ironmans legs are disproportional to the rest of his body. Like Haveing a 7 inch calf when i scaled it to my leg height from the knee to the ankle. what i did is measured the widest part of my leg and then it came out about 3 inches too short for me so i cut the leg and added about a 3 inch insert and it fits fine i dont know which file you have but this is a possible forseeable problem OH and btw (insert whitty comment about you being a girl and building ironman armor ans asking you to marry me) lol jk keep up the good work.

First off let me say that the builds on this thread are awesome so good work but has anyone thought on things like the eyes and effects? Do you guys want to have glowing eyes and a chest piece if so what are you ideas for that as i have a few but still roughing out the edges of them so to speak. I say this as i got my helmet done and when i was about to resin it the brother decided to clean up the room and it got recked lol. But if i had resined and bondo it i would have done the eyes after but i'm stuck on what to do any thought?

Yay another female doing an iron man build! :D

Freakin' awesome job on the helmet, really really REALLY clean pepping. I love it!

Namauri said:
Nice work on the build i noticed you are having the same arm problem i am what i did is took out about a .75 inch section in the front and about 1.5 inches in the back of the fore arm and it fits perfectally now ans the same thing with the fore arm insert :D . Another forseeable problem you might have is the shin piece because from what i understand ironmans legs are disproportional to the rest of his body. Like Haveing a 7 inch calf when i scaled it to my leg height from the knee to the ankle. what i did is measured the widest part of my leg and then it came out about 3 inches too short for me so i cut the leg and added about a 3 inch insert and it fits fine i dont know which file you have but this is a possible forseeable problem OH and btw (insert whitty comment about you being a girl and building ironman armor ans asking you to marry me) lol jk keep up the good work.

Thank for the help and advise ahead of time! Because I know I will definitely need it ;) And ty xD

Moving-Kage said:
First off let me say that the builds on this thread are awesome so good work but has anyone thought on things like the eyes and effects? Do you guys want to have glowing eyes and a chest piece if so what are you ideas for that as i have a few but still roughing out the edges of them so to speak. I say this as i got my helmet done and when i was about to resin it the brother decided to clean up the room and it got recked lol. But if i had resined and bondo it i would have done the eyes after but i'm stuck on what to do any thought?

Eyes...LEDs? idk about that, but I was planning on just trying to mod some push-lights for the hands and chest. seems easiest. I'm really sorry what happened to your helmet :0

Leda said:
Yay another female doing an iron man build! :D

Freakin' awesome job on the helmet, really really REALLY clean pepping. I love it!

Wooo! Thanks a lot, and good luck on yours :)

Last edited by a moderator:
She used the sane stuff as any one else, cardstock and resin fiberglass. I suggest you read the stickies, because they'll help A TON!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back