Foam Ironman Mk Vi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram620

Jr Member
I'm starting a Ironman MK VI suit. I plan to have it done before July for an event
I started it last night after I got some foam for Christmas...

Here are some pictures...
DSC_0271_zps78cb727a.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0278_zpsff2b6968.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0273_zpsef017cdf.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0274_zps7802f6c7.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0275_zpsf9f9fe62.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0282_zpsa108a89d.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0281_zps199989e1.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0283_zps6c64edc7.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0285_zps88cd2454.jpg
[/IMG]

I scaled it using some info that i got from the RPF..
Some guy said, "6 foot scale number is like 25.4 and 6 2' is like 27.something.
I'm 6 1 so I just made the scale number 26 and the pieces look good to me:)

Looks good, great to see another foam builder. Feel free to check out my tutorials for a few hints if needed! I'd say just take care with those seams to get them nice and neat.
Good luck, I'm sure it'll be an awesome build. I'm subscribed and ready for more!

Looking great so far. Keep it going

Thank you very much , I will.:)

Looks good, great to see another foam builder. Feel free to check out my tutorials for a few hints if needed! I'd say just take care with those seams to get them nice and neat.
Good luck, I'm sure it'll be an awesome build. I'm subscribed and ready for more!

Alright, thanks I'll take a look at those tutorials and I'll take care of the seems, Thanks again :)

Lookin good! keep it up!

Thank you AI Blue Fox, I will. :)

Okay people, here's an update :D
I finished assembling the chest and back pieces last night
Here's some pictures of the chest and my war machine helmet on my duct tape dummy

DSC_0304_zpsc1f2f064.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0303_zps0e16e836.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0309_zps2ad3d247.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's some pictures of me wearing them...

DSC_0297_zps9648ea0c.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0300_zpsff3b2566.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0301_zps073c3c33.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0298_zps4fce25a7.jpg
[/IMG]

Thats all for now, any advise or honest judgement is welcomed, this is my first build ever with foam :)

Next, Ill probably be starting the arms :D Thanks

This is looking AWESOME! You must finish quickly so we can all see it! lol nah But seriously. This is coming along really well. Cant wait to see the whole thing already! Your far better than I am at foam builds. Good luck soldier!

It's lookin good man. I'm impressed. I'd have to see shoulders and everything else but I THINK the head might be too big? I can't tell yet.

Good to see another foam builder here! The suit is looking great so far! You have clean cuts and good looking seams which will make for a cleaner and more professional looking finished product. I think I agree with Maestro about the helmet looking a bit large. I understand from reading several other Iron Man build threads that the opening at the bottom of the helmet can be impossible to get your head into if you scale it down. I have seen some people hinging the bottom of the rear of the helmet so that they can get a tighter fit. Search around the forum for other Iron Man threads and you should be able to find some viable solutions. Other than that the build is looking great! I look forward to seeing more!

This is looking AWESOME! You must finish quickly so we can all see it! lol nah But seriously. This is coming along really well. Cant wait to see the whole thing already! Your far better than I am at foam builds. Good luck soldier!

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. :) This is my first foam build but I researched it alot before starting.

It's lookin good man. I'm impressed. I'd have to see shoulders and everything else but I THINK the head might be too big? I can't tell yet.

Thanks you :D ... The helmet is not apart of the build, I just wear it in the pictures. Its my war machine helmet that I started a while ago :)

Good to see another foam builder here! The suit is looking great so far! You have clean cuts and good looking seams which will make for a cleaner and more professional looking finished product. I think I agree with Maestro about the helmet looking a bit large. I understand from reading several other Iron Man build threads that the opening at the bottom of the helmet can be impossible to get your head into if you scale it down. I have seen some people hinging the bottom of the rear of the helmet so that they can get a tighter fit. Search around the forum for other Iron Man threads and you should be able to find some viable solutions. Other than that the build is looking great! I look forward to seeing more!

Thank you very much, I just wear the helmet in the picture but its not really apart of the suit :) Yes, I'm defiantly going to go take a look at more ironman build :)

Update: Sorry its been a little bit since I updated, I went to a friends house for New Year celebration, and I stayed for a few days. But I got some stuff done :D

Heres the photos of my progress:

DSC_0311_zpsfa50c3a6.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0318_zps639fc210.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0319_zps96b6e0a6.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0322_zpse37a755f.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0323_zps2b4cf6b6.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0325_zps8fa3b1c0.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0328_zpse92005c6.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0326_zps798decad.jpg
[/IMG]

Today, I will start on the right arm
The war machine helmet is not apart of the build just to clarify :)
Thank you people for all your advise and honest judgement :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for double posting so soon but I thought I'd let you all know that I also just finished the whole right arm(forearm, bicep, and shoulder ) I'll post pictures after I finish the abs or cod :)

Looking good so far, now it's taking off I'll keep an eye on this

Thank you :)

You must finish this project so we can bask in its awesomeness!

Haha, thanks, I cant wait till I finish :)

Update: The right arm is finished and I finished the ab/stomach thing :)
Here's some pictures ....

DSC_0330_zps2e8a7c0f.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0332_zpse89d3db3.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0333_zpsfd48ca9e.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0336_zps3aaa341c.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0337_zpsb785e58d.jpg
[/IMG]
I need to get some thiner foam for the neck and hands.
Right now I need to start the cod/butt part :)
Til next time, see yah :D

Small update: Finished cod piece and I'm almost out of foam...I had two packs( 8 pieces ) Now I have like 2 thirds of a piece :/
My mom wants me to start a foam ironman suit for my little brother...Probably will need some thinner foam for that, when I get some more foam I will start on thighs maybe :)
Until then, see ya! :)

Wow, man, that's awesome!Cant wait to see it all painted up!

Thanks, same here :)

Sorry I havent been up to much lately because I'm out of foam :p
With the small foam I did have, I maneged to get the left boot done :)

DSC_0365_zpsa1821f0e.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0366_zpsef072f0e.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0367_zpscbd58685.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0371_zpsd16f0841.jpg
[/IMG]

Also here's pics of the cod

DSC_0383_zps7c6dc866.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0384_zps913591ed.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0389_zps98a3dc1f.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0390_zps36b1fc5d.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0386_zpsa8f7c59b.jpg
[/IMG]

Also I will probably be finishing this up for my mom :3 once the weather gets better

DSC_0378_zpsf37eaa9f.jpg
[/IMG]

Thats all for now, just need some dang foam :)

Hey everybody! Its been a while. There was so much going on and i was way to busy to continue, so i took a break.
But here i am and I'm going to finish this thing. starting with the helmet....

I need a little advise. Im building Sharkmark VI ironman helmet right now.
I built a size tester helmet and left it at the default size: 262mm
It came out bigger than i though and I think its too big, but I wasn't sure what size I should make the next one.

So, if this one is 262...do you think 240 would be good or what???
IMG_0629_zps756174ff.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0631_zpsd7d50908.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0630_zps38eadead.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0638_zps0b9eb390.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0639_zps95c7eb0f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0640_zpsc493d7e0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0665_zps5b1d454d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0667_zpscc9dcf2f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0672_zps63b2f994.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Ill have better pictures in the future...

Thanks for any advise or criticism
~Ram

Honestly I think it looks about right. Seems to be in proportion to the rest of the armor (which looks good!) and even if it feels a little on the large side, that'd leave space for interior padding/electronics.

Keep up the good work!

All looking great so far. Nice to see the different stages. Just started a foam iron man build myself and great getting to see some different images of the sections.

On the helmet, to me size wise it looks good from the pictures you have there. I agree with Halex on the proportions of it all.

Keep going and looking forward to seeing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back