Full size Elite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for such a long wait between updates. I know I should have been working on this bad boy, but the weather has not been kind. Sounds like a horrible excuse to use over and over. I wish it was something else, like a lack of desire. That is not the case as I am itching to have it fully completed.

Hopefully, I plan on finishing the resining process on one arm within a few days or the week. Then I need to move onto resining the other arm.

No worries. Many of us are in the same boat, watching the weather forecasts anxiously; hoping for a streach of warm dry weather so we can get outside and start resining/ bondo / paint. Wishing we had a big heated garage or workshop.

Still haven't gotten the daylight hours I wanted. More rain, and it even snowed the other day. Stupid weather. Wish it would make up its mind. So, I've been stuck inside. I figured I'd do some other things to keep myself busy. Not giving up on the elite, just bidding my time.
Built the JFO to keep busy.

temporary-35.jpg

Youre From Oregon :D i Totally understand youre weather dilemma. How tall would you say this pep is? he's looking great :)

Youre From Oregon :D i Totally understand youre weather dilemma. How tall would you say this pep is? he's looking great :)

Closer to the seven foot tall range. All I know is that when I stand next to him, he looks down at me, and I'm six two.

i'm glad that you've stuck with this bad boy... it's looking great so far and i'm still dying to see him finished :)...

So, its still really cold over here in my neck of the world. I mean, there have been a couple of sunny days but the temperature hasn't been warm enough yet. Sometimes, I just hate winter. Can't wait for summer, when I can be outside longer. And hooray for warmer days.
So, I have not abandoned this project, just waiting for it to be warm enough. In the mean time, I have been updating my Deviant Art page with all the projects I'm working on, except this one. I'm holding off on revealing this one yet.
Because it has been so cold, I have been making different objects out of paper. Lately, I've been into a huge Skyrim kick. Trying to get my hands on as many Skyrim pep files as I can. I'm not good at unfolding, but I can build the crap out of things.
So, until it gets warmer, I'll have no choice but to wait. The wife has made it quite clear not to try it in the house. And we do not want to cross the wife. So if anyone knows of other Skyrim files, please let me know. That will keep me busy until it gets warm enough outside.

Finally, the weather has let up and it was nice enough for me to get a little work one on the elite. Now, I have finished resining the arm. One down and one to go!

temporary-70.jpg

Ok, still going on this project, just ran out of ink to continue printing. I have the whole elite without armor completed. Trying to strengthen the model before trying to attach the arms. Hopefully the body will be able to hold up the weight of the armor. This weekend, I plan on building an armor piece. Haven't figured out what yet, but I've got a few days before I can get more ink. I'll think of something.

In case you didn't check it out, I'm also making and releasing Skyrim files. Be sure to check that out as well!

Vert cool looking Elite! And now you must decide his armor right? Minor, Ultra or General would be nice. Is this whole thing just a one huge pep file?

I have decided to use armor files from the creator of this elite. MissingSpartan7 has been so helpful with these files, so I kindly asked if he had any matching armor pieces. The Arbiter armor turned out to be too small, so now we await patiently until I can get new armor for this bad boy.

man oh man... this build is still epic... i can't help but chuckle to myself, if i had this dude in my lounge room, i would sit him looking out the window, watching the street until someone phoned the cops about a big tall creepy guy who never moves and just stares at the neighbours all day...

i read once that that actually happened up the road from a child care centre somewhere. it was when concerned parents called in the cops that they discovered it to be a cardboard cutout of big arnie... but this is just so much more epic than a simple cardboard cutout. i enviously await the final product. he's going to look absolutely amazing :D ...

This is so far the biggest build I've ever seen. Quick question though, Will he be freestanding or mounted to some sort of plinth/scaffolding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back