Gears of War 3 Baird Foam Full Suit(scratch built). Will be ready for release night.

What weapon should I make to go with my suit?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man! You're Baird looks so awesome that it inspired me to make a GOW3 Clayton Carmine. If you don't mind my asking, what did you use as a reference? The NECA figure? Awesome job man and thanks in advance.

I have a question about the boots. What did you do to make them "wearable" did you attach a shoe inside the shoe? lol But seriously how did you do it?

That's exactly correct. My shoes are sitting on top of 4-5 inches of dense foam inside the boot.

Man! You're Baird looks so awesome that it inspired me to make a GOW3 Clayton Carmine. If you don't mind my asking, what did you use as a reference? The NECA figure? Awesome job man and thanks in advance.

I used the Neca figure and some various screen shots I managed to find.

Here is a diagram of the hinge. I also put a small tube of the metal into each foam hole as well. I also bent the corners of the squares inward to kind dig into the foam. They are all glues on the foam.
Boothinge.jpg

Dude!! i saw that you got interviewed by EPIC GAMES or something on facebook when i liked epic games page and shtuff and i was like "OMG I KNO THIS, I KNO THIS GUY!!!! :O" well not really kno but you kno what i mean and i want to say is congrats on that and i'm very happy that a fellow 405th member got recognized especially by them.:D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude!! i saw that you got interviewed by EPIC GAMES or something on facebook when i liked epic games page and shtuff and i was like "OMG I KNO THIS, I KNO THIS GUY!!!! :O" well not really kno but you kno what i mean and i want to say is congrats on that and i'm very happy that a fellow 405th member got recognized especially by them.:D :D

That was me :D :D :D
Maybe now my thread on here will get moved to the elite section *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have any tips or tricks when it comes to making the back piece of the chest armor. I'm on my third attempt and I just can't seem to get it round enough or the right shape?

Hi there, AMAZING JOB by the way. So much so that after reading your thread and attending SUPANOVA in brisbane, it has inspired me to make my own BAIRD suite.

I have downloaded the templates for the boot and I have started construction of these (who knew it would be so time consuming :)). Thanks so much for the templates, I just need to modify slightly for my enormously wide feet! I plan to wear a sneaker inside them and make the hinge clip apart so I can get my shoes and feet in easily...

Is there any chance you could please send me the templates for the rest of the suite or post them on the forum? I would be greatly appreciative, I have attempted the chest plate and failed epicly :-( Can't seem to get the proportions right...

Hi, I just found a place that can do EVA30 for really cheap. Do you think this would be durable enough? I have used EVA45 in the past... What grade of EVA did you use?

Hi, I just found a place that can do EVA30 for really cheap. Do you think this would be durable enough? I have used EVA45 in the past... What grade of EVA did you use?

I used the eva foam floor mats from Harbor Freight or wal mart. I don't know what grade they are but they're about 1/2" thick.

You've been so supportive of my builds, i decided to check out some of your links in your signature. And.. oh my. This is flipping awesome. Excuse me while I check out the other builds you've been up to. >w>

Hey dude. Any chance I can hit you up to make a set of those goggles?

I have followed your build with the armor and I have completed that and I have also made a Longshot (images below) but I am at a loss on how to even start making the goggles.

my email is tomhat@tpg.com.au

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

Cheers!

Hi, new to the forum and just found this amazing thread. I'm looking to try my hand at a set of GOW armor and keep seeing mention of the templates for these awesome boots. Unfortunately, it seems the links to the files are no longer valid. Have these files been moved somewhere else, or is it at all possible to get a copy of these somehow?

Re: Gears of War 3 Baird Foam Full Suit(scratch built). Will be ready for release ni

I hate to bring this back from the dead, but like DRG above, I also need the PDF files for the boots, there should be about 10 of them if I remember correctly. Does anyone have them? The links are dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back