Goblin's ODST build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so it's been a while, but I've been busy. I created another ODST helmet, this one is 2cm bigger. It's not a lot but it's just what I needed. If any of you are curious as to what pep file I used, it was created by ForgedReclaimer and Meleck. I really like it because it has very little angles so it will need almost no pep work. I also created some ODST glove templates using pictures from Sean Bradley's build.I'm not sure if I'm supposed to upload them because while I created the template it is heavily inspired by his work. And I also finished the face plate for the cyberman.

P5160066_zpsa0c2f592.jpg

P5160069_zps598886bc.jpg

Very nice work! my folds are nowhere near as nice and neat as yours. I'll be watching this build.

This is an ODST build, soo...
if you finish this quote, you get a cookie:
"Helljumper, Helljumper, where ya been?"

This is an ODST build, soo...
if you finish this quote, you get a cookie:
"Helljumper, Helljumper, where ya been?"

The UNSC Marine marching song.

Helljumper, Helljumper, where ya been?
Feet first into Hell then back again!
When I die please bury me deep.
Place my MA5 down by my feet.
Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear.
Just pack my box with PT gear.
Cuz early one morning 'bout zero-five.
the ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky
but don't you worry, don't you come undone.
That's just my ghost on PT run!

Started applying the resin and fiberglass to some pieces.

P5180073_zps934d40f1.jpg

P5180077_zps00c7f1d5.jpg

P5180078_zps097963d0.jpg

The red X's in the helmet are where I failed to fiberglass the first time. It gets hard to see where you passed. I'm considering getting a can of spray on adhesive so I can lay down the fiberglass and then resin over it. I feel like that might make the job easier. I also made these gloves out of paper to make sure everything fits me correctly. Later in the building process I'll make them out of cloth.

P5180080_zpsc5b28537.jpg

P5180081_zpsfd885824.jpg

I plan on making the smg and pistol from the ODST game. Although I haven't had much luck making them in the past. I might purchase a silenced pistol from somewhere but before doing so I am going to try making the weapons myself. I have gotten much better at pepping and think I might be able to pull it off. Still not sure how I'm going to harden the weapons though, do you guys think that rondo would work for the smg and pistol or should I use expanding foam. I feel like the foam would be more effective for much larger weapons like a spartan laser and rocket launcher.

With the weapons, I would use foam for all of it. No pep wrok. With weapons, such as an M6C/SOCOM (M6S), pep can easily get far too fiddly. As for the gloves, good idea making them out of paper first. If you do the gloves so that they are similar to in Halo 3/Reach, you could get away with some ski gloves, or something similar.

I have had no experience with foam. I've seen people build pretty impressive weapons out of the stuff like the front line tropper, but I have no where near the amount of skill necessary to build a good looking weapon.

I agree with Exaldear, layered weapons are a good bet if you dont want to use foam or pep the weapon. My pistol i made is layered. Granted i suck with bondo so it didnt come out exactly how i wanted but hey, we gotta start somewhere lol

I started applying the bondo after passing a coat of grey primer. I've never had any success with bondo in the past, I'd always lay it on too thick and it then became impossible to sand off. So I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.

P5200092_zpse170e6ba.jpg

P5200093_zps00c1022a.jpg

After more bondo and more sanding, I'm slowly getting there. I'm not very proficient with bondo so this is taking a while but I'm not in a hurry.

P5230112_zps0e65de63.jpg

P5210102_zps88250167.jpg

P5230110_zps8ddab6c9.jpg

I also made a Cortana chip using halo goddesses template. I'm thinking of using it as a switch to turn on the lights in my helmet. A piece of wire on one side of the chip should be all I need to complete a circuit inside the helmet ,so it shouldn't be that hard right?

P5230114_zps598cfbcc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back