Goblin's ODST build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think your bondo work is very good lol :)
Diggin what you have done so far, keep up the good work :)

I've just started on my ODST armor and i started with the crotch plate because it is the easiest and i can start learning the basics of pepakura

I like the chip idea, though I have to side towards it might becoming a difficult task. That said it would be bada**, looking forward to a installation/how to video if you do.

if i can get everything together and make it and will post a video, Ill probably make a new youtube for it aside from my music one.

First post in a long time and I have some good news and bad news. Good news is I finished all the bondo work and started painting. Bad news is the paint doesn't look like I'd hoped.

P6230012_zps73c6e3d5.jpg

I want it to look like the one in game but I don't know what paint to use. This one is obviously is too glossy but I don't know where to buy other paints. I usually go to the home depot but they don't have what I need for this project. It would be great if someone would recommend a paint for me.

Exceptional work all the way through so far! As for paint, use your typical paint for undercoats as you have done so far and top it off with model master enamel paint. I went to my local hobby store and picked some up to try it. Hands down best paint I have seen in a spray can. The downside is that model master paint is expensive but you don't need much to get where you need to go with it.

A couple links to their website, in that first link I used the arctic blue metallic in my build:
http://www.testors.com/category/573353/Spray_Paints
http://www.testors.com/category/573120/Spray_Paints

Dell if you're goin for a less glossy or militaristic paint find flat matte paint so it'll b a dull color. I've used this kinda colors while spray painting a few things myself. :p I'd test it on something other than it helmet first So ull know if that what you want

Very impressive! I'm really looking forward to starting my ODST build, and I'm sure I'll be taking note of techniques and problems, really helpful. This thread especially helped me to get a sense of the time scale of these projects, looking forward to seeing this completed, looks excellent so far.

Looks great! You have a good thing going on can't wait to see the final product but so far I'm very impressed. I have pep'd 4 helmets but have yet to rez and glass them. The painting process is what scares me lol. So I will have to keep a eye on what paints you all say are good. But keep up the good work!

This armor is looking so cool! Your practice definitely shows! I'm sure you are making all of the helljumpers out there very proud! Can't wait to see more :D

Untitled-3_zps5ec5fad9.jpg

Untitled-2_zpsbfc3d251.jpg

Just some cuts that I made and areas where I need to add a layer of mdf. This is so much easier than pepakura. I love it!

It's been forever since I've posted here. I had to take a big break to take care of some personal stuff but now I'm back in full swing! I finished my helmet(except for the visor) complete with padding and battle damage. I've also decided to go the foam route for the rest of my armor. I decided to paint it with acrylic paint so that way I can really dial in the exact color I want for the armor. Something I was not able to do with spray paint when I did my helmet, Anyways, time for pictures now!
IMG_0954.JPGIMG_0962.JPGIMG_0963.JPGIMG_0964.JPGIMG_0955.JPGIMG_0957.JPGIMG_0956.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back