Grrr! We're freelancers! Red vs Blue WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is for Sara, but you could get modeling clay and make a model of the spike. After that you could cast it with almost anything (smooth cast, resin, ultra cal, hot glue, maybe even silicone caulking etc. . . ) and then pour the bondo or a rondo mix into the mold you made of it. Doing that would ensure that all of the spikes are identical. I've made similar molds out of hot glue and just straight fiberglass resin. You just have to use vaseline or some other type of release agent so your casting agent won't stick in the mold.

Hope this helps.

and once again. an idea I've never thought of.

I would make them separately and then attach them, he could make one, possibly out of clay and then mold it with some caulking silicone, you could cast it with rondo if you don't wanna buy casting resin for that. If making them seperately you can smooth the seams with bondo and spot putty.

I'm not bothered by people asking me questions at all (I invite as many questions as people wanna ask) but if a mod sees this would they be able to move this over to my tutorial thread please? I think it would be more helpful to people there :)

Carolina Chest Piece with Primer

Hi everybody! BubblyCarolina here,

Sorry its been so long since there has been an update on the progress of my Carolina build, I am getting married later this year so things have been very hectic lately!

I've finally got some primer on the front of my chestpiece! (well most of it :p )

8470260220_d0b488e84f_b.jpg

Hopefully soon I should be finished the sides and can start working on the back.

Thanks for all the encouragement! :3

BubblyCarolina

hey bubbly! FIRST OFF CONGRATULATIONS! i have been wondering what you two wonderful ladies have been doing, and i see an awesome torso and some wedding plans... man you are a busy couple of awesome girls. your projects look awesome, keep it up. your man has one lucky girl

Looking great Carolina! Can't wait for more updates on this one. Although I know what it's like not having time when planning a wedding, my wife was full steam ahead when it came to ours :)

Tom.

Looks great and good luck with the wedding!
Got my own wedding to get planning, but the baby is taking priority at the moment :p

Hi everybody! BubblyCarolina here,

Sorry its been so long since there has been an update on the progress of my Carolina build, I am getting married later this year so things have been very hectic lately!

I've finally got some primer on the front of my chestpiece! (well most of it :p )

8470260220_d0b488e84f_b.jpg

Hopefully soon I should be finished the sides and can start working on the back.

Thanks for all the encouragement! :3

BubblyCarolina

First off, congrats, and secondly... That is looking amazing. I'm sure I'm not the only person who thought it was a 3d rendering when scrolling down.

Hey guys, it's been a little while since I've had an update but I have not been idle. After a few false starts I can finally present, a proper cast of my EVA helmet! I'm so excited to finally have a good cast of this, I had to remake the mold which was a major pain (I've done 4 mother molds for this now, don't ask lol) but it was worth it, this cast is a flawless copy of the original :D I'm over the moon, it could be the lack of sleep talking but I'm so pleased, I can't stop looking at it.

In other news, my PETG should finally arrive tomorrow, with the floods and supplier issues I had a hell of a time getting my plastic but I should be good to go on the weekend. The vacformer is built, Kristian built it while I was working on the mold so unfortunately I didn't get pics of the build but if people are interested I'm more than happy to shoot another video detailing the vac-former and how we built it.

Anyway, that's enough from me, it's 12.30am and I need to get to bed, I'll just leave these here:

8473788814_a3a20ef80d_z.jpg

8473787574_ffc5c271b2_z.jpg

8473788462_9c3671ccb5_z.jpg

Thanks so much for supporting this build guys :)

This build is looking amazing! I've started working on my own Agent Carolina armor, but no way is it going to look as fantastic as yours is!

If you don't mind, I do have a couple of questions.
First question: For the armor permutations, do you print those out and attach them to the mark vi chest piece, or is there a special chest pep for using armor permutations?

Second Question: Also for the armor permutations, how do you scale them to fit with things like the regular chest and shoulder pieces so they fit snuggly?

Again, this build is looking amazing, and I wish you guys the best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back