Guilty Spark Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys whats up. I have a problem with my pepakura GS and wanted to see if I could get any advice towards what I should do. About a month ago reguardless of the wether i started to bondo GS and basically got the entire inner ball part done and 1 side of the outer "cube" piece done. I made sure to set the bondo side down just to make sure it didn't warp. My brother or his friends or maybe my dad decided to pick it up and look at it and set the bondo side up without me knowing. After coming back to check if the bondo was dry (was like a week considering I think I mixed it wrong and was drying rather slow) i noticed this and the cube part is completely warped as if a side is collapsing in. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what I should do. Is it fixable at all? Do I have to start from scratch? The only thing I could think of would be to put a block of wood between the 2 parts in the back, bondo, let it dry, and remove the block but I'm unsure how well that would work. Any recommendations at all would be great.

well first off, for it to take that long to dry you did mix it wrong. Always use a little more of the hardener, you can buy more by itself if you run out. I try to use extra and never have ran out.

as for your problem, i would re-pep the section that is warped, then glue it to the rest and resin it. Before i scrapped my suit and threw it out to start over I did a test to see if you could do that. when you glue it to the resined piece, take extra card stock to glue to the inside of the resin as well. Then when you resin the new glued portion overlap a bit pass the new glued area so it forms a good solid bond.

if doing that is not possible you have the option at looking at building it up. You could build it up with bondo as it is a filler, just have to worry about weight depending on how bad the warp is.

thats all i can come up with off the top of my head. hopefully that is helpful or some one else provides better advice.

When I made Guilty Spark after I resined it I drilled a hole and poured rondo inside of it (not a lot just enough to give it a sturdy structure). Then I proceeded with the bondo. Since guilty spark isn't like armor there are no undersides to rondo or even fiberglass, but I highly suggest coating the inside with something and the hole or holes are going to be covered up with the bondo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back