H3 Master Chief Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that work is absolutely incredible. I love that you're so precise and patient with your work; it really pays off!!

Wow, that work is absolutely incredible. I love that you're so precise and patient with your work; it really pays off!!

Thanks! Patience is a big thing with it, trust me, it's very hard sometimes to NOT be patient, but gotta always remember how much better something will be if you wait as long as you should.

Alright! Finally the day I've been waiting for with this helmet, finished being painted! I used the reference I posted earlier from the trailer, but strayed off from it for the most part as I wasn't too happy about my painting skills :$hwell

So I did what I always do, but tried not to over-do it, and here it is.

001-8.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-2.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

009-1.jpg

So there it is. I hope ya'll like it. Can't wait to get the visor put in along with the liner!

Going to go pass out now

-Dueces

Ok, heres a quick diagram I drew up explaning how Im gonna do the mag well assembly. Should be self explanatory.

MAGAZINEASSEMBLY.jpg

Other than that, I painted black on the nose/snout portion that I had missed previously. Just need to weather it and its good to go. I'm probably going to go and seal the paint one more time too

Last pic. I just painted the area I mentioned. Going to be bringing this home with me over exodus. I guess I can count it as my "personal item" on the plane :lol

001-124.jpg

-TC

I'm always amazed by how an excellent paintjob can improve on the unimproveable. Nice work man.

Wow... That looks great! I love seeing H3 Master Chief builds these days. (Since Reach came out everyone is doing a Mk V. lol.)

hey, with your keeping the mag in problem, perhaps friction could be an easier answer! just add a few extra layers of something (probably pluming silicone in a pipe) onto the top 1-2cm of the mag and that should add extra friction and keep it in place :) may need to redo it after about 40 or so mag swaps... another alternative is a simple slide lock:
step 1- slide in mag
step 2- slide lock across, a small latch on the other side locking into a groove in the mag
step 3- pretend to use gun
step 4- unslide lock
step 5 slide out mag

do you get it? it all works so perfectly in my head, but your not in my head... hehe

edit: i drew a pic lol
5220626728_23601eb8bd.jpg
Untitled by dan4dan4, on Flickr

Nothing wrong with your idea, but I feel that adding the sliding portion to "lock" the mag in after you place it in is just adding extra to what can be done in a swift motion to replicate how a mag would enter and leave the mag well.

The friction idea was something I had considered at first, but quickly abandoned it because from my experience trooping, friction holding the mag only will eventually cause damage, cause you could just be moving it, and then bam, out of no where, but with enough momentum can send the mag flying out.

Using the roller catches allows me to have both comfortability during use that it won't go flying out if I happen to be careless and along with that, I can replicate the proper magazine load/unload function in one-way motions. Slap the mag in, pull it out. Keep it simple.

Thanks!

Impressive work on your helm! Very impressed!

I have to admit and say that your helm looks better than mine.

Please keep up this quality of work. Your sure to have an impressive suit when its completed.

Can't wait to see more progress.

Cheers!

Impressive work on your helm! Very impressed!

I have to admit and say that your helm looks better than mine.

Please keep up this quality of work. Your sure to have an impressive suit when its completed.

Can't wait to see more progress.

Cheers!

Thank you so much! I'm really happy how it turned out considering it was my first time doing a Master Chief.

As an FYI, I am open to doing helmet and weapon comissions!

Got kinda bored today, but couldn't really do a whole lot since we were stuck in the barracks all day. I wanted to check the proportions and placement of the helmet on me. I was hoping to hav the helmet adjusted to a certain height, so that along with the boots, it'd put me at 7' give or take. Well the helmet after looking at the pics that I had someone else take, it's looking that I'm going to have to bring it down a bit just so that the front end covers my chin more. Got kinda stupid editing the pics, but I tell ya, make shift padding without the visor REALLY looks goofy...

helmetproportions1.jpg

helmetproportions2.jpg

From the front, I feel it looks fine, but from the side, you can definatly see how I need to bring it a bit down...Eh...

Well I got something extra for christmas this year...the rest of the armor!

001-125.jpg

As of right now, the chest piece is a snug fit, but I still gotta grind down the sides a bit. I definatly want to lose some weight before I really get into actually trying to wear it at the momet. I was NOT able to get my helmet with me on the trip down for my leave, but I'm gonna be bringing the visor back up and install it into the helmet.

I did get the "liner," which, was miss-advertised, and turns out to just be the very top pad portion of the helmet and that was it :rolleyes ...so I'm gonna need to get extra padding to actually fill out.

Back in AZ and decided to get back on this thing, sort of. I have the visor in hand and I'm going to have to figure out what I'm gonna do.

The visor I got curtousey of Sean, and it's amazing to have a well produced and accurate visor!

Now onto it. The only thing about the visor is that it's not gonna be 100% flush if I were to install it right away. There is some gaps between it and the helmet. I've managed to get it pretty close, but still a gap. I'm considering doing what sean did to his helmets and bondo/fill the gaps and re-touch up the paint. The only thing is that I need to hold alot of preasure on the visor to get it to sit where I need it to.

So anyways, Here's me holding the visor in place. Gotta be careful thought, the mirrachrome is painted on the inside, and fingerprints can take it off the acrylic!!

100_2426.jpg

100_2427.jpg

I also decided to do a small detail I think looks pretty good; I went out and got some car door rubber trimming to add to the inner edge of the helmet. I didn't get the sides that slant up only because the rubber would have looked kinda "off" and wouldn't bend the way I'd like it to, but I'm happy with it

100_2425.jpg

Oh yea, and here's that "liner." I mean, I can use it, but I need to add foam underneath it and foam all around it. I really was expecting to get the whole sha-bang, but eh...

100_2429.jpg

Stay tuned...

-TC

I also decided to do a small detail I think looks pretty good; I went out and got some car door rubber trimming to add to the inner edge of the helmet. I didn't get the sides that slant up only because the rubber would have looked kinda "off" and wouldn't bend the way I'd like it to, but I'm happy with it

100_2425.jpg

I wanted to do the same thing with my Carter helmet. Where did you find this trim? I've looked in automotive sections of stores and have come up with nothing.

I wanted to do the same thing with my Carter helmet. Where did you find this trim? I've looked in automotive sections of stores and have come up with nothing.

It looks like something you could cut off a fridge, but I may be wrong.

I'm locing the armour tubachris, looking absolutely awesoem so far, especially all that detail.

Stay tuned...

-TC

If you can, do that to all of the high impact and rub zones on the rest of the suit. That's what I have done. --- AND --- the suit will still looks UBER.

I'm still impressed with how this is turning out. This is becoming a good thread. Nice sharp pictures showing all the fine details. I like it!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. Please know that I'm merely assembling and painting, all the detail work is by Thorssoli!!

As for the rubber trim, I got this at an Autozone. It's car door trim. I do have a significant amount left over if anyone wants to get some from me. They charge $13 after taxes for a new roll, but like I said, I have alot of extra trim. I might even use the trim on other armor parts for the sake of comfortability and to protect the resin edges from damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back