H3 Master Chief Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!

I decided to do some quick trimming and complete the trim this time around...

100_2430.jpg

Well, I just installed the visor, and I'm actually happy with how it came out. I'm not too particularly upset with the gaps either!

100_2437.jpg

100_2438.jpg

100_2439.jpg

After I finish the helmet, I'll be getting alot better photos outside. I think it's kind of cool that
parts of the mountains around post look very close to the Halo 3 levels in Africa

-TC

I've decided that I'm gonna start filling the gaps between the visor. It's a relativly small gap but the more I look at it, the more it's getting annoying to me. The only thing that I've been concerned about doing this, is being able to sand/smooth it after application without scratching the visor. I'm gonna try and apply it with a piece of styrene to smooth it out.

The main gaps don't conceren me, but the space between the nose portion appears to be the largest, so I'm not too sure how weird it's gonna look just yet

Started to sand down one section of the filler. I'm deathly afraid of even putting a dremel near it, so I'm having to do the sanding by hand. Aside from that, I have to be incredibly cautious of scratching the visor.

So here's how it's looking so far. I've covered the lower portions, just leaving part of the sides still exposed. I know I'm not gonna get it 100% smooth, but as the old technique, with some minor imperfections, add some weathering lol Besides, it looks better than an open gap anyday.

The only issue I'm having is that the material will "smudge" on the visor. Most of it I can rub off, but some of it is staying on there. IDK, Maybe I'll have to use something stronger to scrub with. Anyways, here's a quick peek...

148.jpg

The nose portion is a little larger than I like, but I'm keeping it "seperated" from the visor a bit. Just something I personally want.

149.jpg

I also got some pics of that flashlight too.

151.jpg

152.jpg

Kinda ticked, I was cleaning my room earlier and I moved this and accidently broke one of the solder points on the sensor. I'll fix it though, just an inconvienience...

-TC

This is really looking great! I'm envious of your helmet right now, since, as a noob I can't visit the classifieds, and am having to pep one in my dorm room. Not too fun. LOL! I really love how yours turned out! I'm also digging the armor pieces. You really have a knack for fixing the touch-up areas! I look forward to seeing this all together!

This is really looking great! I'm envious of your helmet right now, since, as a noob I can't visit the classifieds, and am having to pep one in my dorm room. Not too fun. LOL! I really love how yours turned out! I'm also digging the armor pieces. You really have a knack for fixing the touch-up areas! I look forward to seeing this all together!

Thanks! I reallly appreciate it!

Ok! It's finished, as far as completing the filling, sanding and re-painting. It's not perfect, but I feel it looks alot better. I re-weathered it and it helps to hide some minor flaws, but I can live with it. I painted the OD Green, then laid some silver over the parts that need to be black, then painted black over that, and did some small sanding to bring out some scratches.

Next thats all to do is get the lights installed. Just need those caps!

002-99.jpg

003-88.jpg

001-126.jpg

-TC

Got this in, IDK when, but found it lying underneath about 10 other christmas ornament storage boxes. It's a Matsuo made SMG for a fan film.

Very nice quality and probably one of the best weapon replicas I own!

003-90.jpg

004-69.jpg

Although it is "assembled," nothing is permanent, so I'll have to break it down and paint everything. The bottom piece to the trigger guard is a little loose, but I'll be attaching it in place. It's cold cast as well, so I'll take some time polishing it down.
Some things that I really like about this piece is that he cast magnets in the magazine and it comes on and off as I please. The "bolt" is cast metal (aluminum?). The stock and forward grip are moveable.
Couldn't be happier :)

Thanks guys!

Got to work on the SMG today and got pretty far! Dissassembled everything, sanded all the seam lines away and polished the surface with some 0000 steel wool. I proceeded to make a few additional details, to include front and rear sight details, and small indentations that are supposed to be on the rear of the magazine.

I am using flat black and Testors gun metal Buffer. I managed to get everything painted the gun metal, but I'm gonna have to wait to do the black accents for another day. The only par that is truly finished is the barrel (weathering as well)

Polished and dissassembled

SMGdisassembled.jpg

Painted (Not finished though!)

001-131.jpg

002-103.jpg

Rear and front sights. lol front post is slightly off center, but hey any sighted M16 post is never centered.

003-91.jpg

Small detail

004-70.jpg

Just to show size. It's a good size prop, but fortunatly, my size in comparison fits the look

005-53.jpg

-TC

Got a little more done today despite the rain!

Started sanding and cleaning the edges of the armor parts, removing the excess resin and jagged edges. I loaned out my mouse sander which I desperatly need to finish this process though, but I got what I could but need to get back at it again.

The chest piece is going to need a little more work. Despite the piece being large enough for me, the sides are not wide enough. Yes, I need to lose weight, however, this isn't so much a fat issue, but it's literally digging into my ribs. What I can do is start grinding the areas that are to thick that I can remove and reshape so that I can allieviate or remove that pressure and wear it comfortably.

001-9.jpg

Along with the chest piece, I went along and got my left forearm "wearable." I'm going to have to modifiy how the detail piece stays in though. My biggest concern now that after looking at this pic, is that I feel the forearm piece is not large enough/proportionate to me. It's a great piece though...

002-8.jpg

003-3.jpg

Will be doing little by little

This thread is reeking of AWESOMNESS!

Very nice job on the bono'ing and sanding! VERY NICE! :)
Yes to having a mouse sander. It is such a huge time saver!

:)

Hmm, forearm does look a little short, might be worth considering adding a section to the hand/small end, either fixed on or a bit like a bangle?

Maybe work out how much you need to enlarge your chest peice and see what effect cutting the whole under arm/rib section out, adding new to where it was then re attaching it so it takes it away from the body?

Mighty fine bondo work there, would be a shame to start over, and some very cool guns by the way. Impressed :)

Hmm, forearm does look a little short, might be worth considering adding a section to the hand/small end, either fixed on or a bit like a bangle?

Maybe work out how much you need to enlarge your chest peice and see what effect cutting the whole under arm/rib section out, adding new to where it was then re attaching it so it takes it away from the body?

Mighty fine bondo work there, would be a shame to start over, and some very cool guns by the way. Impressed :)

Bondo? What bondo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back