Halo 3 - Custom High Detail Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Download and install WinRar (google it, a 40 day trial is free to download), open the .rar file and extract the PDO Files.

You can also open zip files with this nifty little program called 7-zip. It's a very quick install. I like it because it's not very obtrusive and it's a tiny little program. I believe it's also freeware so there aren't any trial days to worry about. :)

-Joey

Last edited by a moderator:
DUDE!!!! That looks so cool. I'm amazed at how detailed the people on this site are. They definitely know what they are doing. Good work! :not worthy:

Hey doodz, just dropping in to let ya know I'm still alive.
sorry about my random disappearances over the past few months, the connection I'm using isn't mine and the owner keeps trying to 'make it better'. :cautious: I'll be getting my very own connection within the next few weeks so I shouldn't be gone too much longer.I have gotten the odd chance up at my friends house to get on and try catch up but I havnt gotten around to pming every one back, sorry about that. please dont take it personaly

Well in my absence I havnt been just lazing around eating natchos and playing Halo... all the time. I got a part time job as a teacher of model making (dream job!!!!), I have another part time job in an egg farm (dont ask), another one workinging as an assistant in a flower shop and ANOTHER job supervising the fabrication of an artists projects.

The good news is that even with all that ive got a... 'different' halo-ween costume lined up, workin on an intreating 405th related vid, worked a good bit on the CQB and I'ive even been working on a new med to high def model that I know at least one person will be intrested in (*looks a Sigma*).

Anyhu, should be back soon n I'll be able to sort out all the links in the first post and get back to all the pms.

Chat tya soon dudes, keep it clean,

FS

P.S. i didnt make a new topic cuz, as im sure some of you know, im not mad on the whole 'new topic for every new thought' type thing

Glad to hear you are still breathing FS! Thought maybe you fell into the channel and got swept away. I'll be looking forward to your next creation.

flying_squirl said:
The good news is that even with all that ive got a... 'different' halo-ween costume lined up, workin on an intreating 405th related vid, worked a good bit on the CQB and I'ive even been working on a new med to high def model that I know at least one person will be intrested in (*looks a Sigma*).
I smell a Mark V suit! :lol:

ooo mark V thatd be nice! but how do you manage costume making, 3d modeling AND three jobs? you must never sleep!

tlither said:
Glad to hear you are still breathing FS! Thought maybe you fell into the channel and got swept away. I'll be looking forward to your next creation.
hahaha, thanks. yea, here's hopin you guys'll like it

Ral Partha said:
I smell a Mark V suit! :lol:
nah, it's not the whole suit... yet :cautious:

rachciav said:
ooo mark V thatd be nice! but how do you manage costume making, 3d modeling AND three jobs? you must never sleep!
NEVAR! sleep is pointless, just ask your local goat, he knows what im talkin about! i only have the two at the moment but the third is comin in fast. :/

gamerguy55 said:
When you're a flying squirrel, you laugh at sleep.
damn right!!!

well, i gots my own connection and while its not as fast as ide like its still a connection. right now i gathering all the unfolds i can find of my models, checking that they're the right version of the models, organising them and reloading them so that it'll finaly be done right.
shouldnt be too much longer

FS

Cool. I can't wait to get all the files. I'm waiting till you've sorted them all out before I print it all off and build it.

well if you have em alread, go ahead.
i just need to sort out the links. the upload on this connection is crap.

EDIT:im guna lash all the links from the last few pages into one to try 'keep it clean' while i sort out the first page. hope this helps

flying_squirl said:
the best way to scale the helmets is to get a ruler with cm on it, mesure from the bottom of your chin to the top of your head making sure to keep the ruler perpendicular and being sure to make it in cm (its what pep uses) take this mesurement and add a few cm for padding and such and input it into the assembled height part in the scaling. most people get a mesurement between 25 and 27.5 but its not unusuial to get it some where around 24-32cm. keep note of the scale you get, it might be helpful if you have to print out something seperatly where the assembled height changes.

AoBfrost said:
http://www.4shared.com/file/60816311/f97c0...m_left_pdo.html
Fixed, scaled to 30cm high, should fit most people from 5'6''-6' depending on arm size. If taller or you have bigger arms, you'll need to scale up. Only 5 pages at current scale.

L3X BLU3R1V3R said:
You will need to change the margins, sides/top n bottom, to 5mm for these to fit on letter

Torso, Abs, Struts. 46 cm re-unfold
CQB Chest perm for 46cm
Recon Chest perm for 46cm
EOD Chest perm for 46cm
Both Forearms, 35 cm

If any one wants to use the chest perms on chests that are smaller/bigger than 46, just refold them, copy and paste the scale, for example, these are all 2.751397, and re-unfold them to the scale of whatever size the chest is that you want.

L3X BLU3R1V3R said:
Hmm, the first one that i unfolded was 42cm, and the 2nd time i unfolded it, it should have been 46cm. If youre using one thats 47.5, then its not mine. Heres the link to my 46cm unfold

Ral Partha said:
I'm a bit late for the party but, what the hey...

Here's my unfold of FS's MD forearms (vambraces):

Mark VI MD Forearms by FS

just a quick WIP shot.
smgtest.jpg

spot anything that i missed thats different lemme know. but keep in mind its a wip shot

EDIT: newer update:
i got a great help from Loess! he sent me a smg model he had done. had loadsa details i woulda missed.
im just makin a super hd version first. wont be for pep:
smgtest2.jpg

Okay, so I know this is a noobie question, and I appologize in advance if its been asked (I did try to serach however and found nothing): So I built your Mark VI helmet (I think thats the one from halo 2-3) anyway the height is good on default settings, but the helmet is too narrow to fit on my head... Is there anyway to fix this? Do I need to scale up, down or are my folds wrong? Again sorry for the silly noob question but I can't find this anywhere....

Agenator said:
Okay, so I know this is a noobie question, and I appologize in advance if its been asked (I did try to serach however and found nothing): So I built your Mark VI helmet (I think thats the one from halo 2-3) anyway the height is good on default settings, but the helmet is too narrow to fit on my head... Is there anyway to fix this? Do I need to scale up, down or are my folds wrong? Again sorry for the silly noob question but I can't find this anywhere....
Well, your best bet is to cut out the sides of the inner lip on the bottom.

Well, your best bet is to cut out the sides of the inner lip on the bottom.
Okay it was almost good enough, but I had to cut out the small box indents along the side aswell. Didn't do too much damage to the final product so I suppose I'm happy. Now just to make it symmetrical. Thanks

Hey, I just downloaded this, and I was thinking about putting it together, but I have a quick question first.

I recently just assembled a low detail MKVI Helmet, scaled, etc by a different creator, and was wondering if I could use the same height that the low detail was scaled to on the High detail so that they would both fit me the exact same way/feel

Probably not - the helms are modelled at different scales, and applying one scale from one version over to another (say, a Robogenisis build to an FS build) could seriously mess the scaling up.

It's far better to get an approximate build height (in cm) and then export that measurement throughout your parts to scale them. 26cm seems to be the best for helms (at least, most of the ones I've used myself are around that scale) and as such most of the models you'll get are pre-scaled to this size for the vast majority. That being said, if your low-definition part needed to be larger or smaller depending on your own personal requirements, scale accordingly by taking or giving half a centimetre and re-testing the build until you have something that works well - ideally the helm should fit 'snugly' but not so much that internal parts (fans, LEDs, padding) will make the helm too small. Usually a finger's-width top and bottom or so should be enough.

I hope that's helped! And good luck with your build!

Crucible said:
Probably not - the helms are modelled at different scales, and applying one scale from one version over to another (say, a Robogenisis build to an FS build) could seriously mess the scaling up.

It's far better to get an approximate build height (in cm) and then export that measurement throughout your parts to scale them. 26cm seems to be the best for helms (at least, most of the ones I've used myself are around that scale) and as such most of the models you'll get are pre-scaled to this size for the vast majority. That being said, if your low-definition part needed to be larger or smaller depending on your own personal requirements, scale accordingly by taking or giving half a centimetre and re-testing the build until you have something that works well - ideally the helm should fit 'snugly' but not so much that internal parts (fans, LEDs, padding) will make the helm too small. Usually a finger's-width top and bottom or so should be enough.

I hope that's helped! And good luck with your build!

Ok, Well I was wondering because I used a formula to scale the low res and when I found the scale factor, I added a about 3 centimeters, and the inside part of the helmet fits fairly well, but getting it is a tight fit, and taking it off is quite hard without ripping/destroying parts.

Thats the main reason why I wanted to know if I could use the height from the other helmet, because then I would just add about 3 more cen. If I do the ol use a ruler to measure from your bottom chin to top of head, I get about 27cm give or take as I do not know how accurately I can measure my self with a ruler.
Should I go up to 29-30 cm to scale, or if its already scaled to 27, just let it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back