Halo 3 Mk VI *FINISHED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent work buddy! The torso turned out great and the foam work seems to be progressing nicely also. Stay motivated and unlazy so you can keep those updates coming!

Hey man! Have you made any progress since then?
awesome work!

I also started a project with high definition files, but then noticed how much longer it takes to cut, fold and pep them together, i already have some HD pieces ready, but overall progress is too slow.
And now that i saw your work, especially how awesome the torso turned out, I consider continuing with LD files and make kind of a mixed armor. If i want more details someday I just replace the LD files with HD files.

So man, tell me, how are you doing with your project? YOU sir, are my inspiration ;)

Are you still working on this armor? I have to say this was(is) one of my favorite MK6 armor threads here. Sorry if this is a dead thread...

*finished*

That's right people, it's taken me a year to get here but I finally did it... I. Am. DONE!!!! I apologize for no WIP pictures but once I get into working on something I don't stop. Everything is fiberglass excluding the biceps, thighs, and cod piece. Those were made from foam. Oh and I didn't make the BR, Shawn Thorisson made it (Sorry, Shawn if I spelt your name wrong). And now, Photo evidence!

100_0998.jpg

100_1000.jpg

100_0999.jpg

300619_314814691866046_100000125525742_1454222_516525761_n.jpg

My friends and I went to my friend's girlfriends house for halloween. Here we are playing MarioKart Wii.

So yeah, that's the suit. Sorry it took so long for me to post back on here. I'm wearing my suit to Gamestop on tuesday for the release of Halo Anniversary, so expect pictures of that! Oh and in other news, I got around to getting Xbox live, so feel free to add me if you wanna play some Reach! My Gamertag is: NayrDeathExp

so glad that you posted pics! It looks awesome! I love the grey and red paint job, those colors look really cool together. I also must say that the battle damage/weathering looks really nice! Its not too overdone and not too under-done (if thats a word.) Great job overall!!

@HaloKillsKat: Haha, thank you.
@Sky_Walker: Thanks man! And don't worry, I've already started a Reach suit :)
@Annanymous: Thank you! If you need any pointers on weathering once you get to the painting stage let me know, I'd be more than happy to help you. :D

Amazing!

Hey, that suit is totally amazing! I have heard people I talk to complain about how foam "doesn't allow fine details" You just proved them wrong. All in all great work. My only bit of advice would be to get a bulkier undergarment. The under armor shirts make you look really skinny under the suit. A wetsuit is good, or one of those motorcycle ninja suits. You should most definitely take this to Maker Faire! You should definitely wire it for lights and a cooling system if you are going to wear it for extended periods at the Faire. Also, post it to Instructables and I will recommend you for a contest finalist.

DAEmon.

Hey, that suit is totally amazing! I have heard people I talk to complain about how foam "doesn't allow fine details" You just proved them wrong. All in all great work. My only bit of advice would be to get a bulkier undergarment. The under armor shirts make you look really skinny under the suit. A wetsuit is good, or one of those motorcycle ninja suits. You should most definitely take this to Maker Faire! You should definitely wire it for lights and a cooling system if you are going to wear it for extended periods at the Faire. Also, post it to Instructables and I will recommend you for a contest finalist.

DAEmon.

Thanks, Dan! Glad to see you got around to registering on here! I'll start a thread soon for my Reach WIP.

Thank you all for the kind words. I have got quite alot done on my Reach build but photobucket is a royal pain and likes to take more than an hour to upload 10 photos... Hopefully I can start the new thread tomorrow.

Yeah I noticed that too with photobucket... really annoying when you want to post updates

an hour to load 10 photos? Wow. Mine hasnt gotten that slow yet (I hope)
You could try using FlikR, imageshack, or tinypic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back