Halo 4 Midnight Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on the Midnight release in NYC for the big Halo party they did for the past few games?

I get shipped off to basic training November 6th so I can go to the release but my girlfriend and family will be taking up my last day home :'(

dude that sucks. this is exactly why i chose my date for boot. i told them after christmas. i want to get halo, assassins creed, spend time with my family during christmas and thanksgiving. plus theres 2 cons im goinf to. a busy winter for me and i want to do all of it before boot.

If one is intending to don a costume for midnight release events, I would suggest contacting the retailer in question beforehand, and advising them of your intentions. Most likely, they shall be very accommodating and supportive of your efforts. Several topics on these forums allude to the jovial reception that many receive at midnight releases, from both staff and customers, upon arriving in replica armour.

I lament that I did not commence armour creation at the beginning of this year, as I may have had the opportunity to complete it prior to the release of Halo 4. The best of luck to those who are working diligently to conclude their projects before November 6th.

Good luck on getting both costumes done. What kind of armor are you going to make?

Thanks! And since my group of friends is trying to get together the whole Noble 6 team, Kat armor is going to be my first project. But I'll probably do some custom armor after that, not sure what yet though.

I've been doing some research on some Halo things and noticed Cortana bagan service on Nov. 7, 2549 (according to wiki). And the release of Halo 4 is Nov. 6.
Was that part of the plan? Coincidence? Or did someone change the wiki for Cortana just to make it look like a coincidence?

Can anyone confirm her "birth date"?

Cortana's (or specimen H-1) neural pattern was transferred and authenticated to an AI matrix strata on November 7, 2549. But she was originally the clone of the person that created her, and the clone was created May 21, 2549(I think that's right anyways). I'm taking this straight from the journal that came with the LE of Halo Reach. But I would say the Nov 7th birth date is accurate.

I've been doing some research on some Halo things and noticed Cortana bagan service on Nov. 7, 2549 (according to wiki). And the release of Halo 4 is Nov. 6.
Was that part of the plan? Coincidence? Or did someone change the wiki for Cortana just to make it look like a coincidence?

Can anyone confirm her "birth date"?

Man that is a coincidence haha

Any word on the Midnight release in NYC for the big Halo party they did for the past few games?

Not that I know of...

I get shipped off to basic training November 6th so I can go to the release but my girlfriend and family will be taking up my last day home :'(

Sorry to hear that... Must stink though

If one is intending to don a costume for midnight release events, I would suggest contacting the retailer in question beforehand, and advising them of your intentions. Most likely, they shall be very accommodating and supportive of your efforts. Several topics on these forums allude to the jovial reception that many receive at midnight releases, from both staff and customers, upon arriving in replica armour.

I lament that I did not commence armour creation at the beginning of this year, as I may have had the opportunity to complete it prior to the release of Halo 4. The best of luck to those who are working diligently to conclude their projects before November 6th.

I will make sure I contact my local Gamestop beforehand.

I will be wearing my armor to the gamestop i preordered mine at :)

Cool can't wait to see pics!

planning on going to the midnight release in my costom MKVI armor that i hav just over half finshed

Don't know if this is relevant but is anyone going to the Halo 4 release at a gamestop in Lafayette Indiana, or if anyone will be going to the Assassin's Creed 3 release? I'm going to start my armor soon and was wondering if anyone from here will be there?

I was talking to the manager at the game store where i am a little while ago and somehow my armor project got bought up, he said that there's a chance he'd hire me for the midnight release provided i get it done. Hell, I'm showing up in it anyway i'd do it for free lol. But i think pretty much any game store in a town with more than 30,000 people would be nuts not to be having a midnight release.

Down here in South Africa the only midnight launch that they ever had that I ever heard about was for CoD MW2... how sad. I hope that BT games, (my Gamestop) have a midnight launch for Halo 4 as well.

Who else here has pre-orded limited edition?

Hey guys! Exciting update!!! My local Gamestop is having the release party and said that I could show up in costume! They said it is encouraged for people to attend in costume.
Thanks for lookin'

okay just need to know if anyone is in the alabama area more like tuscaloosa becasue, the game stop here is showing foreword unto dawn for free, plus me in full ODST armor, plus a halo 4 multi player toruny for a discount. and i was just thinking more troops on the ground the more news coverage i'd get.

okay just need to know if anyone is in the alabama area more like tuscaloosa becasue, the game stop here is showing foreword unto dawn for free, plus me in full ODST armor, plus a halo 4 multi player toruny for a discount. and i was just thinking more troops on the ground the more news coverage i'd get.

I don't live in Alabama, but post some pictures! I would love to see Forward Unto Dawn for free, but I think my Game stop is only having chips and dip! LOL

Anyone know what happens at a midnight release? Do they set up xboxes or something or do you just wait in line? I know its a stupid question, but this is my first time attending a midnight release.

Anyone know what happens at a midnight release? Do they set up xboxes or something or do you just wait in line? I know its a stupid question, but this is my first time attending a midnight release.

It depends on the store. When I went to the midnight release of Halo Reach, it was a "Stand in line and wait" release. I've heard of other stores setting up Xboxes and other things though, so ask the store you're pre-ordering from what is going on.

It depends on the store. When I went to the midnight release of Halo Reach, it was a "Stand in line and wait" release. I've heard of other stores setting up Xboxes and other things though, so ask the store you're pre-ordering from what is going on.

Ok, thanks man. I hope they have a tournament or something because that would be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back