Halo 4 Spartan IV under armor and utility suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a pattern making technique called drafting you use a series on exact measurements to create the pattern. They even use a printer similar to the kind to blueprints are made on. To change the sewing pattern for another person you just use their measurements. There are even companies that will do it for you. There are some new fun stretch fabrics out now like stretch vinyl that looks like leather and stretches and breathes like spandex.

Do you have a picture?

Looks like this...
077611db984e9132781dd2f1802307c9_zpsa757870b.jpg

I've been searching for a similar fabric. Tried "Hexagon shape", "Honeycomb shape", tried finding similar photos, etc. After a few weeks now I decided to try again and realized that the patter is much like "Chicken wire". Sure enough, eBay has some available. Might not be exact, but it's 100% cotton which is cheap and easy enough to sew.

T2eC16ZHJH0FG1p3pQsBR9e1w4g60_57.jpg

Just might order some tonight.

Ok so I finally found a place that supplies Stomatex, and its right here in the U.S., but the good news is that they don't just buy it, they can make it. Why is that good news? Because it literally eliminates the middle man and saves a little bit of money. The place is called MMI Textiles, mmitextiles.com. I just put in for a quote and the minimum order today ( 8/29/13), so hopefully I'll hear something by tomorrow night. The quote was for 4 yards by 2 feet by 2-3 millimeters which should be more than enough for a full body suit. I'll post again when I hear back from them. ;)

I just can't seem to catch a break with this stomatex stuff. MMI Textiles finally got back to me and the verdict is....it's been discontinued. :angry I'm pulling my hair out right about now. I could really use some help.

I was talking with another 405th member last week and dye sublimation of the fabric could be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back