Halo 5: Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the helmets from the multiplayer trailer:
e3-2014-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-teaser---visor-f92646b2ea264075bb2939d4e530daec.jpg

e3-2014-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-teaser---run-977464f4269e49e78898033caca35eee.jpg

e3-2014-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-teaser---blue-da1e0cbd19d34f1a8b7880cc41f5d802.jpg

I can't say that I really dig the armor (though it's probably still a concept). Hopefully 343 makes some really awesome variants!

BLEH. I still prefer the MK VI armor in H3. :p My Hayabusa will MOST likely be the the last costume I ever make for myself.

When I saw these during the event I just sat there like :confused "wtf is this?"
Come on... You all thought it....
These look dumb.
^^ Agreed
Does anyone know the numbers here on his left shoulder? Looks like 00-8221-3
Spartan2_zpsff30993a.jpg
Also, looks like a BR without a scope at all
Blue2_zpsd0172da2.jpg
Blue3_zpsa81dcd26.jpg

Attachments

• Spartan2_zpsff30993a.jpg
    Spartan2_zpsff30993a.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 290
  • Blue2_zpsd0172da2.jpg
    Blue2_zpsd0172da2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 278
  • Blue3_zpsa81dcd26.jpg
    Blue3_zpsa81dcd26.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 292
Here's the trailer in case anyone missed it! ITS GOT THE ARBITER SPEAKING!

Supposedly the new guy's name is Agent Locke.

(also the URL says "Epic")

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm honestly more excited for Halo: The Master Chief Collection than I am for Halo 5: Guardians. I'm still excited for Halo 5, just more so for the collection haha. It seems as though, from the multiplayer teaser, the armor has gotten even uglier, as many have mentioned before me. I can understand trying to make the Spartans in their own vision (343's vision that is), but they're going the wrong way...

I'm honestly more excited for Halo: The Master Chief Collection than I am for Halo 5: Guardians. I'm still excited for Halo 5, just more so for the collection haha. It seems as though, from the multiplayer teaser, the armor has gotten even uglier, as many have mentioned before me. I can understand trying to make the Spartans in their own vision (343's vision that is), but they're going the wrong way...
Not only are they going the wrong way in terms of armor design, they are accelerating in entirely the wrong direction.
When you have such a huge fanbase that also encompasses armor/ costume makers... Why don't you put a little more effort into the design KNOWING people will be building armor from your game?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only are they going the wrong way in terms of armor design, they are accelerating in entirely the wrong direction.
When you have such a huge fanbase that also encompasses armor/ costume makers... Why don't you put a little more effort into the design KNOWING people will be building armor from your game?

I like the fact that they are getting more intricate with the designs and more customization, they just don't look good. As said before, hopefully it's just a concept they used for the cinematic teaser.

It would be amazing if they would release the high poly CAD files for us costume builders along with the textures. That would make things so much easier than having to rip LD files from the game and add in detail, or having to model it from scratch, but that's just a dream within a dream within a fairytale.... haha

It would be amazing if they would release the high poly CAD files for us costume builders along with the textures. That would make things so much easier than having to rip LD files from the game and add in detail, or having to model it from scratch, but that's just a dream within a dream within a fairytale.... haha
Well said. Not gonna happen. But looking at the new spartan armor I highly doubt I'll ever build one of these. Pretty lame, the armor has become even uglier, well don't really ugly, but pretty boring and roundish, it reminded me of couple of football players storming the field rather than, uhm, Spartans.

Also I'm a little disappointed by the Halo 5 trailer, this was more like a Halo 2 Anniversary ad, well yes, it was the Arbiter speaking to that new character (so most likely he'll be in the game, playable or not), but most of the footage shown was from a very well known scene in Halo 2 - remastered. So no gameplay was shown, even less than last year, pretty lame IMO.

Well said. Not gonna happen. But looking at the new spartan armor I highly doubt I'll ever build one of these. Pretty lame, the armor has become even uglier, well don't really ugly, but pretty boring and roundish, it reminded me of couple of football players storming the field rather than, uhm, Spartans.

Also I'm a little disappointed by the Halo 5 trailer, this was more like a Halo 2 Anniversary ad, well yes, it was the Arbiter speaking to that new character (so most likely he'll be in the game, playable or not), but most of the footage shown was from a very well known scene in Halo 2 - remastered. So no gameplay was shown, even less than last year, pretty lame IMO.

Did you consider that it might just be the armor variant for ricochet.... they did have numbers on their helmets as well as fighting in a large arena

Did you consider that it might just be the armor variant for ricochet.... they did have numbers on their helmets as well as fighting in a large arena

No I didn't, might have to watch again, well if so, that would be a suitable armor design I guess. ^^

Consider this: that wasn't a Halo 5 trailer. It was a Master Chief Collection teaser trailer. As such, it teases the fact that there will be remastered cutscenes in Halo 2, as well as an over-arcing Halo 5 story to wet your appetite for the next game. Looking at it like that, I think it was a great MCC teaser.

Consider this: that wasn't a Halo 5 trailer. It was a Master Chief Collection teaser trailer. As such, it teases the fact that there will be remastered cutscenes in Halo 2, as well as an over-arcing Halo 5 story to wet your appetite for the next game. Looking at it like that, I think it was a great MCC teaser.

That was exactly what the trailer was IMO, Chief collection ad with (Arbiter) speaking to the new character to tie in H5. They are also adding terminals into H2 that hint at things in H5.

A little off topic but......Who else is excited for Halo 2 multiplayer to come back??? H2 was the reason I signed up for Xbox Live, not to mention the reason I got an Xbox, and many great memories come from those times. Man, I'm going to be overwhelmed with nostalgia... I'll have to call up some old friends xD

maybe if they add a different shape, or more details to the dome of those helmets, it might look better. quite frankly, this armor set sucks!!! i don't think i've ever had a problem with any set of armor until now.

The multiplayer helmets did look a little weird... Maybe it's really basic training gear?
Either way I tend to chalk up the weirdness in the 343 designed gear to Humanities huge access to Forerunner technology after the war.

It definitely is the Arbiter speaking to Agent Clark, also he appears in Clarks visor as a reflection

62c29bdd-842f-4bae-9ca5-f6f96abba718_zps7b672465.png

Attachments

• 62c29bdd-842f-4bae-9ca5-f6f96abba718_zps7b672465.png
    62c29bdd-842f-4bae-9ca5-f6f96abba718_zps7b672465.png
    648.1 KB · Views: 197
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back