Halo regiments by state or city

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arizona resident here. I'm also throwing Phoenix Team down for the count. lol 12 people in all so far.

Nor cal representing any nor cal guys

If you're in the pacific region, check out the pacific region facebook page, where we'll post updates for gathering, events, etc.

http://www.facebook.com/405thpacific

I know there is like 3 or 4 Orlando guys out there.......

There is also a 405th Florida group, though it's not quite as up to date lately. Keep an eye on it though!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/405th-Florida-Halo-costuming-group/142490065761222?ref=ts

If South Carolina doesn't have a page, we'll have to get together and make one up. I gotta do a psych test today but I'll get on it before noon. Ill post here when its done. This way we will all have a way of knowing and planning who is going to which event.

Not sure of my chances of finding many other Australians on here! But it would be both amazing and awesome if I did.

Myrtle Beach South Carolina here.

I'm fairly new here, but I'm experinced with building props. I have found it difficult to tell which people do certain projects, so it would be nice to have some sort of ranking system to tell different types of builders (experinced, inexperienced, moderatly experienced, spartan, weapons, covenant, pep, moled, etc)

Another thing to bring up is badges. When you complete a costume you get a costume badge, or a weapon badge, elite showcase badge, 2nd suite badge, etc. It would help with keeping up with what people have made.

Right now the only way to tell who is experiened is to look at the join date and the post count. Even that doesn't really mean they are great a making stuff. They could just enjoy watching everyone else make stuff.

I gues what I am trying to say is that it would be nice to differentiate between what people make.

hmm seems like im the only North Carolinian here but seeing as how the state line runs through my back yard ill rep for both!
North Carolina Sound off!

Oklahoma here. I think we are in the minority, lol.

Anyway, I agree with Adam. If we are going to be representing Halo, one of Microsoft's golden eggs (so to speak), the quality should be top notch. As far as anyone being kicked out or shunned, I wouldn't worry. From what I gather from all the Staff and Mods, no one is going anywhere. You will always be a member of the forums at least, the same as you are now. This will also give beginner level armor makers, like myself, something to shoot for and strive to improve our skills.

What Adam and the rest of the staff are planning here is for the betterment of the community. There may be some feelings hurt along the way, but the important thing to remember is that it won't be out of animosity or spite. Think of it like this, A huge company hires a small group to come up with a commercial representing their product. What do you think the company would think if the commercial turned out to be done in crayon and pencil?

The company would be embarrassed and would pull the job from the group. Well, I think the same would potentially happen with the 405th and Microsoft. I'm sure they would rather not be represented at all, than to have anything less then canon quality. I really hope that the community heads in this direction, but at the same time, it is up to us to keep the attitudes and the willingness to help each other alive. No matter how big the 405th becomes, we should always remember where it came from and stay true to that.

Anyway, That is my two cents, in a ridiculously long rant, and I have now stepped off of my soap box. :)

So we have people from Georgia and South Carolina, and even a few from Virginia.
Anyone from in between, like me? (Raleigh, North Carolina)

Western Australian's Sound Off!!

*echo of silence....*

you want silence?

South Dakotans What is Your Profession?!?!.... hello?...
(not even an echo, in all honesty im positive there is no other 405th member in south dakota...)

"channeling radio channels"
Hello. Anyone out there around Maryland? Hello? Requesting help. "garbled" by covenant forces. Need "garbled" immediate evac.

Okay. That was lame. I don't even play the games nor read the books but I do love the spartan armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back