"Halo4" ForgedReclaimer's Pepakura Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your dedication to having the best possible files is wonderful! And we appreciate anything you choose to model! Keep it up!

Than don't view my thread at the end of next week! lol Actually it will probably be the male first, but editing the models after the male is done isn't too hard.

Grrr. *shakes fist* lol

Wait, you're not just gonna "slim down" the male torso and call it the female torso, are you??? :(

:eek Damn, your files are AWESOME!!! I'll definitely be making my full suit from them. I have a quick question, I'm aware that you're making the full suit of armor and various helmets (love the ones you've already released, can't wait for the finished Scout) was just wondering if you plan on making the Mark V helmet. I really like Rundown's model but before I start the pep I'd like to see how yours would compare. I imagine the level of accuracy in yours would be perfect if the previous two are anything to go by.

EDIT: And was also wondering if you're making the FJ/PARA knees, thanks in advance!

Wait, you're not just gonna "slim down" the male torso and call it the female torso, are you??? :(

Im insulted... Just kidding:p . Although it WILL be a modified male torso, it will never be the same once im done with it.

The only time i did that was with the female bicep and that's because it was just a slimmed model and no real difference in details at all.

EDIT: And was also wondering if you're making the FJ/PARA knees, thanks in advance!

Of course, in fact im working on them right now as i make this Edit. As well as the Default and Gungnir knees. And seeing as only one knee remains, if anyone can get me some great front and side shots of the Grenadier i will do that too. I'll have them all done by the end of the day and released later this week given time for unfolding them. And they will be added to my Shin files so you don't need to look any further than the one file for all its attachments.

As for armour attachments and armours im only making ones i have in my Reach armoury, i cant do everything lol. So expect more goodies everyone, just not the whole armoury.

Thought I would throw these up for you just in case you don't already have them for reference.

ih_spartanportrait05.jpg

ih_spartanmarkIVc.jpg

ih_playerbase01.jpg

no problem, the middle concept art really shows the detailed differences between the male and female armor. :)
Keep in mind that this is concept art, but it still looks great. I actually like the concept cod better than the in game one, um not that I've been staring at cods or anything :p

Great work Forged. Very impressive skills. I will be doing the armor that goes with the Scout and Jun. I already have a basic helmet though without the add-on for Jun and a thigh made and actually one coat of resin but I will be making your thigh. I will use craft foam in layers or the anti-fatigue foam for the inner thigh pieces using your paper pattern. Again, great work and I'll be waiting for more. - Bill

Not likely. Just look at the thigh models that he made.
Hmm....yes. Well there are some noticeable differences, but I recently started to create the templates that I will use for the thigh so I can build it out of foam and then it struck me. Something about the thigh model was off compared to the actual thigh that is for the female armor.

I would like to show these 2 reference shots:

Back view: (although it's sort of more like a back/side view, not a FULL back view)
1znvmhc.jpg

Front view:
nqpx02.jpg

Now look at FR's model. Can you see the difference? Do you see the little curve that is seen on the outer side of the thigh piece? That is the area I am talking about.

Aaaaand just for the heck of it, a side view. :p
2jb5fa1.jpg

If you could go into MS paint and circle the specified areas ill get to them as soon as possible. I don't really see what part your talking about.

I got the knees done. In doing so i noticed a problem in my male shin model. Because for some stupid reason the lighting of the armour when i grabbed my reference with the white color masked of a piece of detail. its not major but i will be modifying it again. Funny i already fixed it in my female shin model lol.

Not scaled correct

Knees.jpg

Okay, does this help?

a46dj.jpg

That is the little curve I am talking about. :p

This is why I keep stressing that MOST of the female armor has it's OWN style than that compared to the male armor. Granted the bicep pieces may be similar, but just more narrow to fit a slender female figure, but a lot of the other armor pieces are made to fit a female figure. Since girls don't have the broad shoulders like guys do, that also results in a different styled torso. As an artist, I have a VERY keen sense of detail when it comes to stuff like this. I may see stuff that many others may overlook. As annoying as it may be, it's not always a bad thing. :p XD lol

Easy fix, Ill have it done tomorrow morning. I actually see two other flaws to fix that are too minor to really matter but i might as well while im in there. When i built it i did create its own specific in Max blueprints and created them exact to as they where, but the reference used was slightly on an angle and masked how much the curve was.

Iv been paying lots of attention to the differences in male and female armour and have examined them thoroughly... Not in a perverted way lol. I built the thigh basically when i was right out of the gate from a few months of no 3d program lol. I honestly could have done better but i guarantee that female armour modifications are more effective now.

Iv been paying lots of attention to the differences in male and female armour and have examined them thoroughly... Not in a perverted way lol.

Suuurrrrre. That's what they all say. ;)

LOL I'm just messin with ya. :p Anyway, I look forward to see what you got. Since my torso is now f'd up since it was not exactly made for a female build and the thighs need tweaking, I have begun to finish up the Mark V shoulder pieces that I had pepped awhile back. Although I am doing my build out of foam, I didn't sense the need to waste these, so I did a crappy hardening job, just enough to make it not so flimsy anymore and have painted one for now. It looks okay for a fast, sloppy job. XD And trust me, it's sloppy. Just wait til you see the pictures I'm gonna post in my WIP thread. XD lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back