"Halo4" ForgedReclaimer's Pepakura Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Database Update: Female shin pep package

Knees to be released next.

@HaloGoddess
Don't toss your torso, that thing was awesome. I think you and everyone else is going to love the torso's when they come out, im doing something a little extra.

@RoadWarrior
Thanks, the final piece and im done all the Knees.

After i send off the knees to be unfolded im on a three to four day break from ALL 3d. I have some school work to do and a little more job hunting and if i don't take a break from something my heads going to explode.
156816_o.gif

RedDwarf FTW!!

Hey FR, I finished Pepping your Thigh, very nice.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31529-RoadWarrior-s-Mk-V-build?p=517720#post517720

the size is fine, but the armour is a bit thin, the part's that will be foam aren't 1/4" thick and the "Hard" armour parts don't seem to be thick enough either. I'll look at some more SS's.

EDIT:After conferencing with the screenshots and pep viewer, it is confirmed that part's of the the file are to thin and do not reach the official UNSC requirements and specification's set forth by Dr.Halesly. Please correct or face termination, thank you and as always, Have nice day.

You lost me at The.... lol.

By what do you mean thin? the whole model or?

I'll be trying these shines next, just finishing up the pep on the thighs this weekend and I should be able to get a few coats of smooth cast on them. I should be ready for those knees and cod in ...oh about 5 weeks give or take a week. I'm loving this you making the files faster then I can make them up. And of course I have to add the file are so much easier and/or better than trying to do all the detail by hand. You're files are just way to good to pass up on. Thanks again for all you're time and hard work.

So what your saying is the armour plating is to thin for the rubber under suit?

One question, where did you get the 1/4 measurement from?

So what your saying is the armour plating is to thin for the rubber under suit?

One question, where did you get the 1/4 measurement from?

I got it from EVA foam, and it turns out I meant Half an inch, not 1/4".

Today I'm very incoherent and I apologize. I'll clean my posts.

EDIT3/25/2011: In simple clear headed-ness, scale the whole thing outward a bit, It's too small. Witch I have done and unfolded and will test build it later today. And if it works, I'll send it to you. I'm sorry for the retardedness of yesterday, must of been the caffeine.

Can you tell me how to model a helmet? I've modeled ammunition (file in sig), but I can't for the life of me model a helmet. It's sooooo hard.

Hey Forged, when can we expect some new updates on your files? I hope problems with your pc aren't slowing you down man, it'd be a waste of your awesome modelling skills! Sorry if I seem pushy, I know you said you had school work that needs doing, which is obviously more important. I was just wondering is all, and I didn't want to start pepping the shin if your releasing an updated version that fixes the problem you noticed. Cheers!

Can you tell me how to model a helmet? I've modeled ammunition (file in sig), but I can't for the life of me model a helmet. It's sooooo hard.

Well, explaining in detail how to model a helmet is a difficult matter, especially if we aren't using the same programs, im using 3DS Max 11. The only advice right now that i can give you is to do some online tutorials on how to model objects from pictures in Blender. Modelling a Helmet is no different than modelling a Car really, it just has a few more complex shapes.

Sorry i couldn't help more.

Hey Forged, when can we expect some new updates on your files? I hope problems with your pc aren't slowing you down man, it'd be a waste of your awesome modelling skills! Sorry if I seem pushy, I know you said you had school work that needs doing, which is obviously more important. I was just wondering is all, and I didn't want to start pepping the shin if your releasing an updated version that fixes the problem you noticed. Cheers!

I haven't really gone on my computer more than and hour this entire week, ive been so busy with house cleaning, house repairs and school work that i didn't really have time to do anything.

At the moment, because i was dropped from school for a few years I'm under the gun to go from a grade 10 high school level to a full graduate in under one year and a few months, doesn't seem like much but seeing as i only have 10 credits of the required 100 to graduate im in deep. doesn't do good for my image huh lol.

On to the point though, I'll have a revised Shin and all the knees done before the end of the week and maybe a revised Female and Male thigh. And after that with maybe an updated file package or two. Also im going dark until i get the rest of the components for the armour completed and unfolded. I'll have some nice surprises at that time.

Don't worry though, the armour will be completed sooner than later because its probably going into school credits too lol.

Would the revisions to the models be substantial, or would they be minor and could be added to an already built piece by cutting and gluing? I just finished your shin this morning and kind of don't want to have to completely redo it.

Would the revisions to the models be substantial, or would they be minor and could be added to an already built piece by cutting and gluing? I just finished your shin this morning and kind of don't want to have to completely redo it.

Mostly minor details, you could probably stick with what you have now and be alright.

On to the point though, I'll have a revised Shin and all the knees done before the end of the week and maybe a revised Female and Male thigh. And after that with maybe an updated file package or two. Also im going dark until i get the rest of the components for the armour completed and unfolded. I'll have some nice surprises at that time.

Don't worry though, the armour will be completed sooner than later because its probably going into school credits too lol.

Thanks for replying, I'll just wait it out till you release them new files :). And at least you'll get to kill two birds with one stone submitting your files for school credits! Good luck with getting it all done and gaining those extra 90 you need to graduate.

Hey! Glad to know you are still alive. :p I was wondering what happened to ya! XD

I've started building the shin you made. I don't know if it's just me, but the very front angled piece of the female shin seems shorter than what it should be. Oh well, either way, I can' really scrap it and start all over since I have already used so much foam and I don't exactly have the funds to keep buying more. I'm just gonna have to make do with what I got. I'm having issues with making my templates is all. :\

I'll just be working on what I can until I can get my hands on those new female thigh pieces. :) Good luck to you on getting those credits to graduate. That sure is a lot of credits to make up for! D: Hopefully turning in some files of yours will get you a lot closer. :) You do good work, Forged, and I'm sure they should help get you somewhere. :)

You got mad skills in 3D design, Thank you so much for all you're hard work and I hope you Keep dropping us this eye candy.
( you're files are some of the best. )(GL with school.)

Thanks guys!

Well, I'm doing the revisions to the models and it had taken exactly 10 minutes to fix up the shins, im hoping to keep that pace for all the models.

The details added to this female shin are the same for the male shin but im yet to modify the knees to accommodate the female shin.

Revised.jpg

As far as i can tell goddess the length is correct, i double checked it with reference and i think its as close as i can get it.

The revised male and female thighs will be done soon after these.

Also two helmets will be coming soon. one and the Air Assault because its the only other helmet i have reference for right now. Brandon your helmet is still coming, its just taking a little longer than expected to get some details right.

Those are looking really nice man! I'm not very far with your old shin model yet. I built it and poured a thin coat of smooth cast just to make sure it and the thighs were the right size and fit really good. I think I'll wait for your new model before continuing on mine. You have such amazing models! Keep up the great work man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back