HaloGoddess' "How To Scale" and More Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely AMAZING tutorial! I've been having a hard time scaling my models so I'll try this to see if it works!

Edit: I noticed that these steps are for the Mk 6 from H3. Any advice for Reach pieces?

-Seth

I was measuring for the handplate and i got 3 inches which equals= 76mm. and i put it in the height box like it said to do, and it changed the peices and put it out to several different peices of paper and i seems way too big, please help.

What am I doing wrong!!

I followed the steps and all. I meuserd my head.
Height(most improtant) : 210mm
I put it all in and then printing setting I choose A4 mergin 15 landscape etc.
Its all fine. BUT when I go to print preview or wanna print says it doesnt match the scale would I like to adjust it? I press No and then its fine but its too small cuz computer changed it. So if I choosed Yes its good size,fits my head but every piece is missing half of it! Heres few pics.
No matter if i press yes or no on print preview its always bad but if i print its ok if I press yes or no not sure now. Help me!!!
34qlqvd.png

10idn6h.png

30k515v.png

You'll need to move all of the pieces back into the pages in Pepakura. Take a look at the file again when you re-scale - some of the parts are sitting over the dotted lines. Those lines are your page boundaries - everything needs to be inside those lines, not over them.

It isn't difficult to just move everything about a little until it all fits again. Click and drag the parts until they're all in the right place again. Don't rush; take your time and don't panic. Also, make sure to check before you print that the printer is using the same settings as Pepakura - your file is set to Landscape (the page is on its side), so in your printer console make sure to go to 'PROPERTIES' and set the page to Landscape as well.

Thankss alot. I decided to print page by page. I did mode all the parts behind the lines but same.
Now my printer takes paper from up and goes down. So its like portrait as default I guess? Ill try prinitng so the settings are portrait is that ok?

No. The Pepakura file is set to LANDSCAPE, so your printer also needs to be set to Landscape.

Before you print, head into the 'Print and Paper' settings in Pepakura. Check that the Paper Type is the same as the type of paper you're using to print onto, and make a note of the page layout (Portrait/Landscape). Don't change the page layout (you'll need to re-arrange the pieces again if you do) but DO make sure that you're using the right paper type. Change it if you need to - if you own A4 paper you can't print in letter format, or vice versa.

Then, hit CTRL+P or go to File > PRINT. In the box that pops up, go to PROPERTIES. This window will tell you what type of paper and which layout your printer is using. Make sure that these match the settings in Pepakura, click APPLY, then go ahead and print.

i did all u said and when to propertis and choosed landscape but the scale thing shows up and nothing is going of the lines.

sry for bad english

Ignore it and hit 'No'. This always comes up for me; it doesn't especially mean anything.

Also, I'd advise getting a spell-check for whichever browser you're using (Chrome or Firefox are both good browsers). It might help you in the future.

when ever i get that same message i go into the printer's properties to try and tweek it around that message.

heres what i have my setting for it:
Media Type - Plain Paper
Paper Size - A4
Orientation - Portrait
Printer Paper Size - Same as Page Size
Page Layout - Normal-size Printing

Landscape makes the page sideways while portrail has it the upright. This will make a bigger difference depending on what printer you own.

After putting all that in the Main Tab that has the Paper and Printer viewer should say this

Plain Paper
A4 210.0x297.0mm

I have it set as a Profile which i dont have to keep making the changes. with this setting i get around the that message but i loose very little of the bottum of the page after printing. Give the parts enough space from the bottum line thus getting a good printed part.

Hey Bioxed.....

Sounds like your stressing out man. I didnt understand that i needed a specific program for papercraft (pepakura designer and viewer) when i started a few years ago. But then i didnt even know about this site until October back in 2010. If you have any dificulties just keep asking like you have been. We are here to serve lol. But dont stress.

Changing the printer properties worked like a charm just gotta make sure its set to landscape. Didnt ask me for scale or anything.
Cutting atm :D

Hey guys, another question on scaling...

Is it wise to start scaling the chest, see how that works out and then use the scale factor from the chest as a reference for the rest of the pieces? Or should I just measure everything, even though that might have the chance of pieces that aren't in proportion well?

Another question: I rearranged some pieces to the extent that they don't eat your paper up that much... I think I should share or something, how should I do that, since I don't have Infantry-status...? :confused :D

Hey guys, another question on scaling...

Is it wise to start scaling the chest, see how that works out and then use the scale factor from the chest as a reference for the rest of the pieces? Or should I just measure everything, even though that might have the chance of pieces that aren't in proportion well?

It's highly unlikely that all the pep models you're using for your build were designed with the same scale, so the scale factor will be useless for you. You will have to measure everything, while trying to keep it looking in proportion.

Another question: I rearranged some pieces to the extent that they don't eat your paper up that much... I think I should share or something, how should I do that, since I don't have Infantry-status...? :confused :D

It's up to you if you'd like to share the models you've rearranged, as long as you credit the original modeler and do not claim the model as your own work. To share it, you don't have to have infantryman status, you just have to have an account with a third-party file-sharing site, most here use www.4shared.com. Of course you will be sharing the models with your scale. Others will likely re-scale the parts anyway, most likely being required to rearrange the pieces again.

It's highly unlikely that all the pep models you're using for your build were designed with the same scale, so the scale factor will be useless for you. You will have to measure everything, while trying to keep it looking in proportion.

It's up to you if you'd like to share the models you've rearranged, as long as you credit the original modeler and do not claim the model as your own work. To share it, you don't have to have infantryman status, you just have to have an account with a third-party file-sharing site, most here use www.4shared.com. Of course you will be sharing the models with your scale. Others will likely re-scale the parts anyway, most likely being required to rearrange the pieces again.

Thanks for that Carpathia, I already stumbled upon that problem... I think I got the chest right... the arm part is giving me the pain right now... xD

And yeah, you are right about the scaling problem, but I thought me being 1.96m there wouldn't be a lot of people bigger then me ;) So when opening the file, they probably won't have to go back and change, since it shrinks a little, the FlyingSquirel-file I rearranged was quite messed up... He did an excellent job though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back