HaloGoddess' "How To Scale" and More Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK for some resun, I can't change the scale. I'm using Windows 7. can anybody tell me what to do? I'll post a pic if needed.

The fact that you're using Windows 7 is irrelevant, I am using it too with no issues. Is it an issue of not being able to change the scale factor, or any of the measurements in the "Change Pattern Size" window?

That's your problem. Download and install Pepakura Designer, and uninstall Pepakura Viewer. Viewer is useless to us.

I have a question, I'm working on a needler, but the model is 660 mm long, which is way to freaking huge for me (I'm 5'5") Does anyone know the correct scaling size for humans and not elites? x)

Just had to add that this looks like naked slenderman. :p

2hhq3iw.jpg

So, I'm working on Hayabusa, and I'm not sure how to scale the chest permutation to fit correctly on top of the (low-q) MJOLNIR chest. They're different default sizes, so I don't think the "copy pasta the scale value" thing will work.

Also, I over-scaled the codpiece and I'm not sure why that happened. I measured my width--not circumference--and the piece seems too large after gluing, even if I consider the possible shrinkage from resin and bondo. Thing is, I added the extra 2 inches. Could those extra couple inches really have made such a difference?

Thanks very much HG. I completed the head of iron man MK IV and now I have just printed off the Iron man neck using your method of scaling. The head worked out perfect and the neck is yet to be pep'd, but I am confident after the helmet that it will work. Will let you know. Watch this thread.

This is a perfect turtorial. Helped me out a lot, especially me being a noob with pepakura, now i feel a little more advanced. Thank you!!!

will this method work with foam making. or should i just stick to building with card.... ( not a normal body type 6'3 and 295 lbs)

will this method work with foam making. or should i just stick to building with card.... ( not a normal body type 6'3 and 295 lbs)
It should be the same with most of the pieces, regardless of the material that you use. However, remember that the foam is thicker than paper and just add twice the thickless where needed, so it isn't tight.

ty.... am just trying to figure out where to start so i can start printing out stuff but i have seen different ways of building armor and am going to try foam but i dont really see much foam pep files outhere or am just over thinking and making it hard on my self lol....... dont know where to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back