Halp Prz

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParaSpartan

If im breaking some massive rule here, please let me know.

But a lot of personal issues have come up and i am really not going to have the time to make a full MKVI suit by the time A-kon comes around in June.

I am DESPERATELY seeking Pep files for Edward Elric's Automail limbs (preferably both, but if somebody just has the arm id jump at it.

I know there was a game for the PS2 a while back, but im not very familiar with the whole process of getting the files and all that magic stuff you fine folks do.

Now if anyone is interested in my personal issues leading to my suddenly very scaled down project (if anyone remembers i was on here about a month ago asking about making a EOD suit)then they are enumerated as follows.

Ahem.

Upon returning from Iraq I'm going to have 5 fewer days of leave than I anticipated.

A lot of the days I am now missing where going to be spent grinding out pieces of armor.

My wife has been diagnosed with endometriayasis (or some such $#!T, non life threatening, just sucks, also incurable) and will be having an unknown number of surgeries in the future.

I re-enlisted in the army for a new job, and will be going to a 4 month school to learn it, starting in April (I'm going to have to fly in to A-kon for the weekend if i even get to go.)

Not to mention the regular 13 hour days I work back in the states.

Oh well, no rest for the wicked, and I sleep not a wink.

Dang, that's rough, sorry to hear about your troubles. Do you specifically need pep files? In my experience, the Automail stuff is mostly flat plates, you're actually better off building it a different way, out of flat material from patterns, assembling it, then doing detailing. Here's a tutorial I found a bit ago, I know there are a lot of other good ones out there for this. Not sure about the leg, not sure very many people have MADE the leg. Might have to use a similar method, but from scratch, making patterns as you go.

Flyerfye said:
Dang, that's rough, sorry to hear about your troubles. Do you specifically need pep files? In my experience, the Automail stuff is mostly flat plates, you're actually better off building it a different way, out of flat material from patterns, assembling it, then doing detailing. Here's a tutorial I found a bit ago, I know there are a lot of other good ones out there for this. Not sure about the leg, not sure very many people have MADE the leg. Might have to use a similar method, but from scratch, making patterns as you go.

I've seen that before, and at first glance i thought it was exactly what i needed, but upon closer inspection i realized that most of the lines are very squiggily. If anybody knows of a better set to use, or pep files i would prefer those, but if by the time i get back to the states (25 days, woohoo) thats all i can find, i'll just use those.

I wanted Pep files specifically so that i could make it out of cardstock and do resin and fiberglass and paint and all that (the one you listed wants me to use foam, neither very appealing to the eye nor durable i would think.)

I really appreciate you taking some of your time to reply to my thread though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squiggly? Oh, wow. Yeah, those are a bit... off. Well, what you make it out of really depends on what you have at your disposal. If it was me, I'd take those patterns, clean them up a bit, and cut all the pieces out of PVC plastic. You might not have that capability. But really, you could potentially take the craft foam and harden it in a similar way to a pep file. Assuming resin doesn't melt craft foam. There might be better templates available on other sites, it's worth a look around the internet.

Flyerfye said:
Squiggly? Oh, wow. Yeah, those are a bit... off. Well, what you make it out of really depends on what you have at your disposal. If it was me, I'd take those patterns, clean them up a bit, and cut all the pieces out of PVC plastic. You might not have that capability. But really, you could potentially take the craft foam and harden it in a similar way to a pep file. Assuming resin doesn't melt craft foam. There might be better templates available on other sites, it's worth a look around the internet.

As far as im aware, anything with the word Foam in it + Resin = Get a mop. To be honest though im more worried about the appearance than the durability. I will deffinatly be spending a lot of time looking for templates and the like, I just posted this here on the off chance that somebody had some suitable files/Decided they loved me enough to do all the hardwork for me, and when I get back to the states i'll probobly track my progress on here (though it being such a simple piece i dont see it running over a week to be ready to rock, then again i've been known to be an idiot, so we'll see)

Once again i appreciate your continued interest in my plight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back