Hayabusa Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you planning on dividing the crown and helmet? I decided to go back and do that because it would be a nightmare to glass and bondo it. So when do you think yours will be done? Its looking great!

@ Tlither: Don't sweat it buddy. ;) Actaully, in my internet experiance, everyone I've met knows where I'm from and where it is. ;) Though I'm sure there are some who dosn't know where certain places are.

I think Smilie was just having a bit of banter. :) Us welsh usually have it with the English and vice versa.

Thanks for the compliment. :D

@Abgates, I'm not splitting anything on mine. My idea, and thought on the matter is this. Once scaling has been established and the helmet built, the spikes can be filled with expanding foam following the resin coats. This will fill the spike and add the strength there so no need for fibreglass. The rest of the helmet though would be glassed after the excess foam has been trimmed and sanded down to give a smooth interior.

That's what I'd do anyway. As for getting the scale right, I have an idea on that but won't post it until I've tried it.

Oh yeah, skupilkinson, I wanted to ask you. You seem like you are a very experienced modeler, and very skilled at texturing. I can model in 3d but other than that I cant do to much. I cant texture, animate, and the such. Some of the models I am currently working on would look so much better textured. Do you by chance know of any good places to learn how to texture well?

Google. Texture tutorials can be found anywhere. You're not using the same program/software as me so I can't help you other than that.

If you're looking for something, Google is usually your friend. ;) That's how I go about looking for something.

Hey Skip. Do you think you could get this done by Monday? Seeing as im going to Portugal at 4am on Tuesday I need somthing to keep me busy and not get over excited.. Also I plan on not sleeping seepin' as il only get about 4-5hours.
:lol:

I'm not sure buddy. I've not put any time into it today, and tonight is wife night! ;) I won't be doing anything on the 'puter tonight.

Maybe I can get it modelled by tomorrow? It's hard to say though.

Skupilkinson said:
I'm not sure buddy. I've not put any time into it today, and tonight is wife night! ;) I won't be doing anything on the 'puter tonight.

Maybe I can get it modelled by tomorrow? It's hard to say though.

Yeah. No.. No.. I dont mean to rush you.. Just i wont be able to Pepakura it for 2 weeks then... I mean if you could get it done tomorrow that would be amazing. Monday would be fine.. Tuesday.. Meh.. Dont worry. I realise how rash im being here.. :( Sorry. Take your time dude..

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to be rude buddy, I know you're young. You've told me you've read my blog, you say you've read this thread, if that were the case then you'd already know the answer to that question. I've answered it a few times here and at my blog. ;)

Like I said, I don't mean to be rude. I just hate having to answer the same bunch of questions. So this is kind of like a "Read the stickies!" reply.

Please read the thread. ;)

And progress Skip? .. I really am pushing it arent I? I keep lurking here looking for progress :). Im to excited to see this finished.

im gonna start folding as soon as its released! and for the spikes you could put a couple layers of resin on them, and then some bondo, because i would hate to fiberglass the "crown" :D

I'm sorry Smilie. Nothing today, Sunday. The wife home, kids home. Enough said really, I'd hoped to get it done for ya but the day had gone before I knew it.

Skupilkinson said:
I'm sorry Smilie. Nothing today, Sunday. The wife home, kids home. Enough said really, I'd hoped to get it done for ya but the day had gone before I knew it.

Ahhh Ok. No worries.. Sorry I'm being so impatient

It's cool buddy. It's actually flattering. ;) When is it you leave? Perhaps tomorrow I'll have more luck? It's really hard to say though.

Uh... wow. And here I thought no one was really working on the Hyabusa stuff right now, lol. That now makes two current projects of this sort I'm aware of; yours and agbate's. I haven't been here much in the last little while, so it's taking me some time to catch up on all of the really kewl topics/threads. This would definately be one of those, imho.

Skup, what can I say that everyone else hasn't? Damn fine work on your own helmet there, and the chest permutation looks awesome! I take it that, scaled properly to one's existing MJOLNIR armour, it should just fit over top of that, correct?

I'll admit I've only taken a quick, cursory glance through this thread so far, but is the chest permutation available for download in the HALO wiki? I'm nowhere near the point with my own Mk VI armour where I could apply it to the chest piece (still working on my helmet, lol), but it would be good to know where this could be obtained for future reference.

Keep up the good work, dude. If the chest perm is any indication, and with all the collaborations you're getting on the helmet to get it "perfect", that part of it should end up killer ;) heh

EDIT: I noticed with the work you're doing (in the Metasequoia software you're using) all of the small pink contour lines over the surface of the helmet. Are those going to end up being the actual fold lines on the real-world model, so as to maintain the roundness/smoothness of the helmet? Oh, and do you plan on making the other Hyabusa perms (ie. shoulder plates) available in PDO format?

Thanks for the juicy post Spartan II! I love it when you get an email notifying you of a reply, and then you come to read it and it actually has substance! Not just, "Looks good." or something.

I'm glad you like it, I've had this one planned for a while now. I started with the chest and then for the helmet I asked Ruze789 if he'd help me with plans of this helmet. He obliged, did n amazing job too which made the modeling easier.

I don't plan on doing the shoulders since there are already a pair of those in the WIKI. ;) That's where you can find my chest too, so when you're ready you can come back for it. ;) It is indeed intended to fit over an existing MkVI chest, thoguh it hasn't been tested on anything other than a low detail chest so far. To my knowledge anyway.

Those pink lines will indeed be the fold lines on the Pepakura version. Though some will be hidden as they won't be needed for the build. I post pics that way so that potential builders can get an idea of what they'll have to deal with to build one of my designs.

SPARTAN II said:
Uh... wow. And here I thought no one was really working on the Hyabusa stuff right now, lol. That now makes two current projects of this sort I'm aware of; yours and agbate's. I haven't been here much in the last little while, so it's taking me some time to catch up on all of the really kewl topics/threads. This would definately be one of those, imho.

Skup, what can I say that everyone else hasn't? Damn fine work on your own helmet there, and the chest permutation looks awesome! I take it that, scaled properly to one's existing MJOLNIR armour, it should just fit over top of that, correct?

I'll admit I've only taken a quick, cursory glance through this thread so far, but is the chest permutation available for download in the HALO wiki? I'm nowhere near the point with my own Mk VI armour where I could apply it to the chest piece (still working on my helmet, lol), but it would be good to know where this could be obtained for future reference.

Keep up the good work, dude. If the chest perm is any indication, and with all the collaborations you're getting on the helmet to get it "perfect", that part of it should end up killer ;) heh

EDIT: I noticed with the work you're doing (in the Metasequoia software you're using) all of the small pink contour lines over the surface of the helmet. Are those going to end up being the actual fold lines on the real-world model, so as to maintain the roundness/smoothness of the helmet? Oh, and do you plan on making the other Hyabusa perms (ie. shoulder plates) available in PDO format?
I have one, but i dont plan on releasing it, because it doesnt look very good at all, il release it when it looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back