How Many Languages Do You Speak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkm2021

I was looking through the forums, and noticed that some people here speak more than 1 language, i think it is called "bilingual" or something like that. I'm pretty sure there isn't already a topic about this so ill get it started

so, what other languages can you guys speak?

as for me, i just know a little french.

I can remember a few phrases off the top of my head, but one of them is sort of innappropraite

but my all time favorite is:
Je ne sais pas mon nom
:p

I put that on one of my english papers and the teacher was like "wtf is this crap? you don't know your own name?"
aaah, good times..... i don't know how she knew french in the first place... she taught english........hmmm

godsarmor said:
well i speak English Spanish and a bit of French

french, spanish, and english are pretty popular languages in our world.... but why do the french hate americans so much, WHYYYY? o_O
ah, thats another question for another topic... for another day...

Last edited by a moderator:
darkm2021 said:
french, spanish, and english are pretty popular languages in our world.... but why do the french hate americans so much, WHYYYY? o_O
ah, thats another question for another topic... for another day...

well as far as i know French ppl hate Americans as well mainly ppl who dont speak French
im Mexican learning French

English and French.

I took a French class every year in high school because they went on really cool field trips, and it was full of good looking chicks. :lol:

I'm taking German, but so far, we have the worst teacher imaginable, she doesn't even use the right terms ( We can tell because my friends mom lived in Germany for like 20 years or something like that.)
I should have taken Spanish like everyone else >_<

Veritech017 said:
English and French.

I took a French class every year in high school because they went on really cool field trips, and it was full of good looking chicks. :lol:

same here
im in my sophomore year, and last summer we went to France (yay) and they knew we were americans because of our accent, some of the french were friendly and others were jerk-wads, but a vast majority of there were on the jerk-wad side.

i dropped french class because i kept forgetting homework and it was getting difficult, i think i might take Spanish next.

godsarmor said:
well as far as i know French ppl hate Americans as well mainly ppl who dont speak French
im Mexican learning French

are you from mexico?????

well i speak spanish, a bit of portuguese, english, japanese and chinese :p

bueno yo hablo español, un poco de ingles, japones y chino :p

kabitt said:
are you from mexico?????

well i speak spanish, a bit of portuguese, english, japanese and chinese :p

bueno yo hablo español, un poco de ingles, japones y chino :p

yah i im Mexican but apart from me my whole family is pure Mexican and dam 5 languages

I took a couple of years of Latin, but i dropped it because... well i kind of sucked at it.
I also speak geek :cool:

godsarmor said:
yah i im Mexican but apart from me my whole family is pure Mexican and dam 5 languages

wow, you are the first mexican that i see in this site!!!!! well two of them my parents forced me jajajaja, i live in mexico city and my girlfriend from puerto rico, all the caribbean is mine :lol:, and it's funny, two mexicans speaking in english :lol:, well anything that i can help you, just tell me ok?

note: if my english is bad, please tell me :p

wow, eres el primer mexicano que veo en este sitio!!!!! (y), bueno dos de ellos mis padres me obligaron, vivo en la ciudad de mexico, mi mama es cubana, mi papa mexicano y mi novia puerto riqueña , todo el caribe es mio:lol:, y es gracioso, dos mexicanos hablandose en ingles :lol:, bueno cualquier cosa que pueda ayudarte, solo dime ok?

kabitt said:
wow, you are the first mexican that i see in this site!!!!! (y), well two of them my parents forced me jajajaja, i live in mexico city, my mom is from cuba, my dad from mexico and my girlfriend from puerto rico, all the caribbean is mine :lol:, and it's funny, two mexicans speaking in english :lol:, well anything that i can help you, just tell me ok?

note: if my english is bad, please tell me :p

wow, eres el primer mexicano que veo en este sitio!!!!! (y), bueno dos de ellos mis padres me obligaron, vivo en la ciudad de mexico, mi mama es cubana, mi papa mexicano y mi novia puerto riqueña , todo el caribe es mio:lol:, y es gracioso, dos mexicanos hablandose en ingles :lol:, bueno cualquier cosa que pueda ayudarte, solo dime ok?

hhaha love the translation part thanks for the offer to help me when called upon you're English inst bad at all

p0rtalman said:
I took a couple of years of Latin, but i dropped it because... well i kind of sucked at it.
I also speak geek :cool:
Haha, u R-Tard.
I took french once at school, but the class was full of faggots and the teacher wasn't a very good one. she could teach but no one listened to her.

English (American) is my first language. Growing up, I learned bits and pieces (mostly phrases) of Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Gaelic, and Shona. I understand more than I can speak. Sentence structure of the English language is very odd compared to most others. Being from Texas, I speak Spanish about as well as many of the Spanish speaking people here speak English. Although I took Spanish in school, I learned more from working at Mc Donald's.

Japanese, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, and I am learning Russian. I was headed towards 18 Series MOS when I was in the Army. It was important to know a vast variety of languages. There are other Lang, I would like to learn. Like Chinese for example. But I hardly have any time to keep up with my Russian Courses. By the way Rosetta Stone has been the best tool for learning a foreign language for me. Just a side note as I have tried a few others that did not work as good.

PS and of course English

Well, I speak dutch, english, french and I can understand german.
I have an advantage when I go on holiday.

delta38 said:
Haha, u R-Tard.
I took french once at school, but the class was full of faggots and the teacher wasn't a very good one. she could teach but no one listened to her.

Let me guess, Just stared at her awesome rack all day? :D Oh wait maybe that was my 20 something teacher (I think she was like 25) when I was in high school.....man..do I hav....ummm ahem...never mind :oops: :love:

I speak Americanese!

Other than that I speak enough spanish to curse out someone (Chingas tu madre, maricon!) and enough to carry on a simple conversation with mexicans. That's pretty much it though.

I can speak English and am equally fluent in Welsh, seeing as I was taught through welsh education for the past 14 years of my life.

Um, well I only speak English fluently but I can also hold a good conversation in French, Japanese and Polish.
Oh and I can also speak L33t and a few words of Klingon. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back