How Many Languages Do You Speak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I speak English, Thai. Learning Russian, but I can swear in Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Korean and Japanese. :lol:

But I sing at karaoke in Korean and Russian ;) Strange? you bet!

Let's see...English, Croatian, Serbian, Bosnian, a good portion of Macedonian/Bulgarian/Russian/Ukrainian/Portuguese. A little of German...and that's about it. Oh, and a limited selection of Klingon and Vulcan :D

French is may first language and I speak english.

So I will make me some fun...Bonjour a tous, sa me fais un plaisir de parler en francais pour voir qui peu bien comprendre se que j'écrie. Pour ceu qui son intéresser a savoir jai mis la fibre de vers sor mon casque. S'il vous plait ne traduiser pas je veu voir qui comprend.

Haha I love to do that.

Pat

Well, I'm fluent in English because that is my first language.

I know quite a bit of American Sign Language. It is a real language. You may find this funny, but if I were to travel to France and find a deaf person I could talk to them more easily than I could to a deaf British person. The reason is ASL is based off of French Sign Language.

Also, ASL is a real language that is not to be confused with Signed English. Both have different grammar and words. Signed English is exactly what it sounds like, the English language signed. Here is a sentence in ASL.

405th infantry division (eyes up like question)(point), me member (point to same area as before to signify where you are a member). ASL has a lot f facial expressions. It's quite a complex language.

English, and I'm learning Spanish for this year and for a few after that. I speak some Spanish right now, but not enough to hold up a conversation very well.

I speak an AMAZING ONE LANGUAGE.

yea i speak english but can understand french and ukranian.. this topic reminded me of this image

found on another site..

[attachment=7838:blackspeakls4.png]

CommanderFluffy said:
yea i speak english but can understand french and ukranian.. this topic reminded me of this image

found on another site..

[attachment=7838:blackspeakls4.png]

Hahahaha! I live in North Philly and I can barely understand Blackanese (aka: Street Vernacular)!

Last edited by a moderator:
I speak Dutch (the name says it), english, bit france ( just a tiny bit...no wonder i have a bad mark for it xD), german, learning latin (just translating) and dropped down greek last year.

*noticed there are quite alot of dutch people around here :D

-DD

i speak english
a little japanese
a tiny bit of spanish
and i cant remember any of the frech or german i was taught at school (a case of use it or lose it )

American English, Semi-fluent in Mandarin, semi-fluent in Spanish, I know scattered bits of French, Italian, German, Japanese, and Russian, and maybe like one word each of some other random languages... I can't speak Portuguese but the written is close enough to Spanish that I can guess.

I'm fluent in American English, and Engineering. :p

I also know small bits of German, Japanese, and Spanish.

English
fair ammount of spanish
some Japanese
and bits and pieces of various other languages, I can say "do you speak 'fill in the blank name of language being spoken'" in 11 languages

I also know:
Basic
Pascal
HTML
Java
C++
Assembler
PHP
and I few others that I know I am forgetting about

darkm2021 said:
french, spanish, and english are pretty popular languages in our world.... but why do the french hate americans so much, WHYYYY? o_O
ah, thats another question for another topic... for another day...

They dont, They just dont understand you since they only get french in highschool.

btw i'm capable of speaking these languages.
dutch
french
english
bit of german

wow, alot of people can speak english and french

Bonjour a tous, sa me fais un plaisir de parler en francais pour voir qui peu bien comprendre se que j'écrie. Pour ceu qui son intéresser a savoir jai mis la fibre de vers sor mon casque. S'il vous plait ne traduiser pas je veu voir qui comprend.

huh?
i got most of that but it was hard to follow, i got some of it but for the rest i used a translator and got this

Hello has all, its please to me to speak in French to see who little to understand well that I clean. For ceu which its to interest has to know put jai the fibre of worms sor my helmet. Please traduiser not I veu to see which understands.

this thing is busted!
:mad:

I'm bilingual, so I'm able to speak/understand/write German and English, and am fluent at a quite advanced academic level.

I am sort of okay at French, but compared to German & English, my French skills suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back