Hyper's Hayabusa build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definetly one of my favorite suit builds. Love the proportions, clean paint. Fantastic job all around!

Thanks Drgnfyre for the compliment, coming from you it means alot, I really like the way you have been building your suit and your attention to detail. the shins in my pics still need some tweaking, they tend to move around a bit, but its a quick fix, also I've been watching your build, looks like its almost done and its going to be epic man keep up the great work

I'm not sure how long the Elite Section is sticking around for, there may be plans to do away with it or change it up...
But until it's gone I'm moving this project into Elite.

Love it! Amazing suit top to bottom, and the helmet came out fantastic. I really didn't care for the helmet much until I drew up the blueprints for Skip to model it, but I've loved it since then and this may be the best finished one I've seen. Very nice job.

Super Congrats Hyper!

I had a feeling that this would get moved to the Elite.
I bet your feeling tickled pink. ;)

Again... FANTASTIC work.

Love it! Amazing suit top to bottom, and the helmet came out fantastic. I really didn't care for the helmet much until I drew up the blueprints for Skip to model it, but I've loved it since then and this may be the best finished one I've seen. Very nice job.

I never knew that you drew up the blueprints for skips Helmet, but I have to admit from my personal stand point, I believe it looks more game accurate especially in the front mouth/face area its lacking a few details but its still a great model, great job Ruze

Super Congrats Hyper!

I had a feeling that this would get moved to the Elite.
I bet your feeling tickled pink. ;)

Again... FANTASTIC work.

Thanks Longshot, Im still suprised im in the elite section, I just built this suit because I didn't see to many complete Busa suits I never expected to see it in the elite section, but I guess it will get alot views on the forum and hopefully help others with there builds

Absolutely mind blowing Hayabusa you got there buddy, definitely more than deserving of Elite status. Well done!
Thanks man

And to Blackula, Thorn Thank you for the nice comments

Man I still need to get mine done. My hayabusa has been on the backburner for about a year now.

One thing I am curious about though, what is you head movement like? Are their restrictions because of that flap at the lower back of the helmet? How well can you turn your head from side to side or up and down?

Man I still need to get mine done. My hayabusa has been on the backburner for about a year now.

One thing I am curious about though, what is you head movement like? Are their restrictions because of that flap at the lower back of the helmet? How well can you turn your head from side to side or up and down?

I actually had to cut the back flap piece back about 2.5 inches, everytime I turn my head it would hit the back raised parts of the chest piece and with the flap there you could not look up no matter what you tried so movement was not happening, so If you end up finishing your Busa plan on cutting that flap part back some

Congratulations on the Elite!

Thanks Drgnfyre

I have been working on a Reach EOD helmet that I have on another thread, while I was sanding on it I came across my first Hayabusa helmet I had originally built for my Busa build, I ended up not using the helmet because it was lacking details like the side vents and details on the back of the helmet, The helmet has been laying around my garage since January with a coat of resin on the outside and a pile of unused armor pieces I had built but decided not to use, unfortunatly the helmet was at the bottom of the pile, I was going to trash it but decided to go ahead and just finish it, so I pushed out as many crushed spots as I could and hardened it with smooth cast 320, started the bondo process and got it all back into shape, the pic show where im at currently, Im going to finish it up for something to display I guess, just hate to see it trashed so figured I show the process

Helmet Round 2 at its current state
DSC04724.jpg

DSC04723.jpg

DSC04722.jpg

Wish I took a pic before the body work it was in bad shape, It won't be as detailed as my main helmet that I use for my suit, but it will be close, now I just have to figure what color I want to paint it

I Love your work Hyper! Thats all I can say. Can't wait to see your next project. The Eod is elite, your busa is elite, you are an inspiration! That is all. Great work.

Thanks, problem is its hot as hell here, and motivation has been a little hard to build up, I have more done to it since the last pics, so if I get a chance I'll post some more progress pics

Yeah, it was 97 degrees yesterday, not considering the heat index either. I'm sure it was a 100+ on the index. I hate this heat. lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back