Hyper's Hayabusa build

Status
Not open for further replies.
it really doesnt. the short amount of time on each piece and the superb quality are enough to elite this, never mind all the other awesome stuff

Lol, I don't think im no where near elite status but yeah I hate being in the noob section, my thread gets lost in the mass amounts of new threads, but thanks for the comment

I think this is one of the best hayabusa builds ouit there right now.

Thanks, I think this is the only Hayabusa build going on right now that is updated on the forums, most people seem to be more interested in Reach builds right now, and I myself have already started peping out a Reach suit for my next build

Now its time to work on my strapping to day, I want to get this finished so I can post a pic of me wearing this thing

Still blows my mind to see this in the NOOB section... Easily worth a move over to creation discussion in pepakura armor. I hope a mod will change it for you.

Great Job!

Got the final pieces in today that I need to finish this build, Got the Katana, I found out that the Minja Gaiden Hayabusa sword is identical to the Halo Hayabusa sword, only diffrences is the wrapping around the hilt is red instead of black and the gold shiney parts are silver on the halo version, only problem I have is that I don't think I can get into a con wearing a real katana on my back, Im going to try and find a way to remove the blade from the hilt, or im just going to hack the blade off, the sword cost $24.95 so its not really a big loss, and if that fails I still have the wood boken katana sword but im not to crazy about that sword, also got a cheap pair of armor back gloves, also started strapping the armor and installing magnets into the chest piece

Hayabusa sword
DSC04549.jpg

DSC04547.jpg

and the gloves
DSC04551.jpg

where did you get the gloves and sword from, i collect swords and the next one i plan on buying is the ninja gaiden one but i cant find one.

where did you get the gloves and sword from, i collect swords and the next one i plan on buying is the ninja gaiden one but i cant find one.

Got them from ebay, hopefully I can post a pic of me wearing most of the suit tomorrow, at least thats my goal, I have gotten seriously lazy since I got to the strapping parts, plus this feels like a 100 degree weather don't help either, I have the chest done and part of the thighs, so not much left, thanks for looking

Update

Today I got most of the strapping done, so I took some pics of me wearing the suit, I still have to adjust the straps and a few other minor things, just wondering if all of the armor parts look proportinal when together, I still have to do some black detail parts on the armor, I may still blackwash it, also I still need to put padding in the helmet thats why im not wearing it in any of the pictures, hopefully my next update will have the katana mounted to the back and my helmet on in the pics, also while im thinking about it, how do you guys survive wearing one of these suits the freaking thing is hot and I wasn't even wearing the helmet. Oh well enough of my ranting let me know what I need to fix

No helmet so I wore my china man hat, I hate showing my face on the internet, the lettering on the under armor at my shoulders will be removed when I finish everything up
DSC04558-2.jpg

back of armor, the blue tape on the shins are holding the hinged door part shut, I still need to put the velcro tabs on
DSC04554-1.jpg

DSC04553-1.jpg

DSC04556-1.jpg

Me striking a pose
DSC04557-1.jpg

Thanks for looking let me know if it all looks proportinal and if I need to fix anything

Hypers, I've been waiting for this post from you for a while! You have one incredible looking suit there!! Everything looks fine, the proportions are right on. Just....awesome.

Now, I can't wait to see it with the helmet and Katana!

Incredible job, incredible craftsmanship! Elite forum please!

Oh my amazing ! It's sooo clean so new looking . It looks like you just unwrapped this thing from a legitamate Bungie Cryogenic chamber . It's gonna look so Bad Ass with the weathering . Cannot Wait...

My god how exquisite XD. I love your work.Excellent pepping job you have done. i hope mine gose as well.I'll be watching this thread plz keep going.

I'm moving this thread outta the Noob Forum for you, fantastic build!

And just so all the members who read this know, posting "Mods get this outta Noob Forum" inside the thread doesn't help us out nearly as well as a quick PM with a heads-up about these builds!
We can't read every thread and unfortunately some great ones like this do get lost in the shuffle.

Hypers, congrats on getting moved out of the noob forum, you DEFINATELY deserve it! Heck, This is worthy of elite status! Im astounded by the work and attention to detail you put into this thing! Got any plans for another build in the future? And again, congradulations. You deserve it.

Thanks everbody for the nice comments I really appreciate it, thanks Ruze for moving me to the creation forum, Yeah im no longer a noob, anyways I really didn't have alot of time to work on getting the suit all together, I did manage to get the padding into the helmet at least to a point where it don't just bobble on my head, I got a cheap motorcycle helmet and gutted it out for its liner, padded the helmet with eva foam and put the liner over it, now its really comfy to wear and it stays in place, there are a few more spots in the helmet that need fabric to cover over, I'll add that later. Also I installed the visor/lens. I didn't want to cut up a full size motorcycle lens so I used a paintball mask lens instead, I know its not solid gold in color it has gold to blue color but It looks good to me, plus its a thermal lens, I seperated the two lens apart cut them to fit the helmet them reattached the two lens together with double sided tape and now the lens will not fog up, I tried to make it fog up all day but I will not, Thats a good thing because wearing the suit I thought I was going to die of a heat stroke. I also had to cut the back part that covers your neck off the helmet, It was to long and when you wear the chest piece I couldn't turn my head side to side so It got chopped down a little ok now some pics

The motorcycle liner installed in the helmet I still have to cover the bare spots so it looks good, you can see the area I had to chop off at the bottom of the picture, it was about 2 inches longer, I had to cut it so I could turn my head back and forth when the chest piece is on, You can't tell its been cut when you are wearing the armor, its hidden
DSC04559.jpg

helmet with the lens installed, I know its not all gold but does it look bad?
DSC04563.jpg

Next I need to make the katana mounts on the back of the chest piece, then picture time, thanks for checking this out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back