Iron Man Mark 6 Hd Pepakura Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
sharkhead7854 said:
It's a very very low quality version of the piece you're making, that way you can make sure it's the right size before you make the real one. The helmet we released is VERY hard to put together, it'll suck if someone starts making it and they find out it's too small or too big. So my buddy Dubean took the 3d model of my helmet, and simplified it to its in like 10 pieces instead of like 70.

Oh ok. 'preciate it. I gotta say, this is lookin' pretty legit. I think I'm gunna build myself an Iron Man helmet, size tester first of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
BaronVonReicher said:
Oh ok. 'preciate it. I gotta say, this is lookin' pretty legit. I think I'm gunna build myself an Iron Man helmet, size tester first of course.

Cool, both files are in the first post of the thread, in case you don't already have them. :D

Awesome name btw, "Baron" is the most badass title lol.

I know this is a noob ? and Ill probably get flamed for asking, but Ive been searching for hours and cant find anything that tells me how to figure out what size I need for this helmet and then how to scale it in Pep. Can someone help out this dumb arse noob please.

HerpHandler said:
I know this is a noob ? and Ill probably get flamed for asking, but Ive been searching for hours and cant find anything that tells me how to figure out what size I need for this helmet and then how to scale it in Pep. Can someone help out this dumb arse noob please.

Shoulda looked in the Noob Forum.

http://405th.com/for...s...ost&p=22082

also read the stickys here: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showforum=12

good vid here: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25795&st=0&p=419199&fromsearch=1&#entry419199

HerpHandler said:

As the Baron said, try checking out the noob forum. There won't be any flaming on this thread, most of us veterans are nice. ^___^

For this helmet, in the first post you'll find a file called "Size tester"

Print that out, and see if it's too big for your head, too small, or the right size.

For this file, it will most likely be the right size or too small. You need Pepakura DESIGNER to be able to scale though,

Go to 2DPartternWindow on the top bar, then "Change the scale of Development", then "Scale up by %10"

Then print it again and try it out. You'll have to rearrange some of the pieces to make them fit on the pages though.

After you find the right scale, download the actual helmet file and in Pepakura Designer and make it the same scale, the put it together.

And again, really check out the stickys in the Noob Forum. They tell you EVERYTHING you need to get started, that's how I learned. By the time I read them all I didn't have a single question lol.

I'd have to say unless you have an enormous head the scale this helmet is defaulted at should fit. If anything, sizing it up a few mm's isn't a bad thing. I wouldn't even up it by 10% on the scale either, maybe 5% would make all the difference.

I'll get a shot of the helmet test when I'm done. Kind of surprised no ones tried it. It's REALLY helped!

Hey guys spent most of the day creating the crown.. well about 90% of the crown. The groove along the crown was a pain in the arse. I hope it turns out well.

Here are the pics. Totally forgot to attach them.

photo-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

@Ironerd

No size tester?! Omgosh, hope that it fits dude, I still need to fix my laptop to do pep since my brothers computer is too laggy.

And this is most popular thread up to date with replys nearly every 10 mins, 20 mins,30 mins,50mins or an 1hour.

It is the same size roughly to that of the old dung I built and that fit. Besides if it doesn't it will make a great display piece.

I am very new to pepakura. I have been looking all over the internet in hopes of finding a PDF version of the Iron Man suit. I was wondering if it would be possible to at least get a hold of the iron man helmet in a PDF format?

logan_jinx said:
I am very new to pepakura. I have been looking all over the internet in hopes of finding a PDF version of the Iron Man suit. I was wondering if it would be possible to at least get a hold of the iron man helmet in a PDF format?

I have really looked and haven't anything. If I could get some help I would really appreciate it.

Great work Sharkhead, I pep your very first IM helmet, and got it to the resined stage. Looks like it has come full circle, this is amazing! I'll doing this one next, after I pep dubean's. I'm already done peping your mashup helmet. As usual thanks for these wonderful pep files.

Please, excuse me if I'm not on the site much today. My dog is having seizures again. :(

I tell ya, it's the worst feeling in the world to be asleep next to your baby and wake at up at 5 AM to him thrashing and yelping like someone's killing him....

Have fun with the helmet guys, I hope to hear good things next time I come on.

sharkhead7854 said:
Please, excuse me if I'm not on the site much today. My dog is having seizures again. :(

I tell ya, it's the worst feeling in the world to be asleep next to your baby and wake at up at 5 AM to him thrashing and yelping like someone's killing him....

Have fun with the helmet guys, I hope to hear good things next time I come on.

Dude hope your dog gets better, my dog was like this after he went to sleep after he watched nightmare on elm street with me, woke up on the wrong side of the force.

@sharkhead.

I'd like to start with something preety straight forward.

As I've stated I've got tons to learn but would like to become a good 3d modeller.

I saw a "spanish" Iron man suit that really is nice.

The guy who build it, modelled and pepped is himself and didn't feel like sharing.

No matter, but I'd still would like to make a complete and very accurate suit.

What about I start making the shoes/boots?

They seem pretty simple to model.(GULP)

I'm sure I'm going to have lots of questions.

But I'm also pretty sure the 405th is the right place to ask 'em.

@ Ironerd

Wow that line is so awesome.

looks nice !

@ world

I've printed the tester to my scale. (220mm width)

I'll start cutting and glue-ing it together today.

Pics will show up in my own post.

Hanzsel said:
@sharkhead.

I'd like to start with something preety straight forward.

As I've stated I've got tons to learn but would like to become a good 3d modeller.

I saw a "spanish" Iron man suit that really is nice.

The guy who build it, modelled and pepped is himself and didn't feel like sharing.

No matter, but I'd still would like to make a complete and very accurate suit.

What about I start making the shoes/boots?

They seem pretty simple to model.(GULP)

I'm sure I'm going to have lots of questions.

But I'm also pretty sure the 405th is the right place to ask 'em.

@ Ironerd

Wow that line is so awesome.

looks nice !

@ world

I've printed the tester to my scale. (220mm width)

I'll start cutting and glue-ing it together today.

Pics will show up in my own post.

@Hanzel:

I´m pretty angry with those words you said about me( if as I guess I´m the guy you´re talking about "spanish" Iron man suit. If I understand, and I think I did, you´re telling that I don´t want to share and it is totally different from reallity. If you look for my name you will find that in my first topic here I released all my pep files. So I´m the first and only one that shows and tell how to motorize the helmet, so ... why are you saying such things about me?

Please update your info man, it´s not right and i don´t want to be accused in such way that is not at all true.

Thanks and good work!

Here are some links if you want to check dates and info released by me. I don´t want an entourage following me, but neither that:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26355

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=76175

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back