Iron Man Mark 6 Hd Pepakura Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
1St download yeah, looks estatic dubean. When i fix my laptop and get more cardstock i will build this along with some other things.I like how its only in 2 pieces(Face and rest).Hope to see more.

Thanks sharkhead and dubean. Both of you deserve pepakura beer bottles.

I have a question. RDJ is 5'9 and the scale for that is 1.0?

What would be a perfect scale for 5'10 to 5'11? Is it 1.1 to 1.2. Is the scaling similar to war machine?

I want to share something to everybody. If you want light up eyes to your Iron Man helmet, you may implement this.
3275875045_6cbcd62053.jpg
I have this helmet bought from toy r us.

Anyway, this helmet has a hologram system, similar to red dot sights on guns. The helmet has outer and inner glasses. The inner glass is very reflective and tilted to produce an output. The led is located on top and it's pointing the tilted inner glass. It's pretty cool, the helmet does not give you an eye strain or damage your eye. However, the view is horrible at very dark places. But, I still prefer this tech compare to LED or EL sheets method with slits at the bottom of the eyes.

My goal is to recreate this with improvements and hopefully someone will help me.

Here's my parts list

1. Strong crystal clear plastic glass(for the outside to cover the eyes)

2. Another crystal clear plastic glass (Inner glass to produce a hologram)

3. Reflective film to cover the front section of the inner glass. The higher reflectivity and visibility, the better. Reflective films are used in windows.

3. Ultra bright LEDs housed in a tiny small box but covered with white transparent plastic.

This is my helmet lay out.

ironmanhelmetplans.jpg

Zorens said:
Thanks sharkhead and dubean. Both of you deserve pepakura beer bottles.

I have a question. RDJ is 5'9 and the scale for that is 1.0?

What would be a perfect scale for 5'10 to 5'11? Is it 1.1 to 1.2. Is the scaling similar to war machine?

I want to share something to everybody. If you want light up eyes to your Iron Man helmet, you may implement this.
3275875045_6cbcd62053.jpg
I have this helmet bought from toy r us.

Anyway, this helmet has a hologram system, similar to red dot sights on guns. The helmet has outer and inner glasses. The inner glass is very reflective and tilted to produce an output. The led is located on top and it's pointing the tilted inner glass. It's pretty cool, the helmet does not give you an eye strain or damage your eye. However, the view is horrible at very dark places. But, I still prefer this tech compare to LED or EL sheets method with slits at the bottom of the eyes.

My goal is to recreate this with improvements and hopefully someone will help me.

Here's my parts list

1. Strong crystal clear plastic glass(for the outside to cover the eyes)

2. Another crystal clear plastic glass (Inner glass to produce a hologram)

3. Reflective film to cover the front section of the inner glass. The higher reflectivity and visibility, the better. Reflective films are used in windows.

3. Ultra bright LEDs housed in a tiny small box but covered with white transparent plastic.

This is my helmet lay out.

ironmanhelmetplans.jpg

The war machine scaling is completely different, so disregard that for this build. The helmet as it is should be a pretty decent size. I don't think many people will need to scale it up much. I may be wrong but i dont remember too many people complaining dungbeetles helmet was too small. I'll see if i (or shark) can whip up a size tester file for this. I think that'd be very beneficial to everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
mjolnir follower said:
Can i use Xtremes measure the height and use the scale or is there a specified way to do this.

I am not very familiar with that method actually.

I built a tester model for this new from my HD helmet file. Its nearly exactly the same in dimensions and the scale IS the same. Its only 8 pages and is a simple and quick build

Tester.png

I know it looks super crappy, but thats the idea. Crappier = easier to pep. This is just to find out what size you want/need to build the new Shark Helmet

Here is the link to the TESTER

mjolnir follower said:
Thanks a heap dubean 33, this will go on No.2 Of my To pep and sculpt list.

it was my pleasure! i enjoy doing stuff like this and stayin up late when its nice a quiet.. i can think and not have to worry about being interrupted and get some nice, solid work done. Problem is i get in a rhythm and stay up half the night! like now, its almost 5 am. guhh im going to bed. haha

Jumping on the "Holy crap, you're awesome!" bandwagon. And I know what you mean about doing your best modeling late at night... no neighbors making noise, no street traffic, just peace and quiet. It's 5am here as well, and I'm still modeling.

sweet work guys keep it up

im looking for articulating abs for ironman..... is there any yet ?

i know someone started building but dunno if there done yet

tompkins420 said:
sweet work guys keep it up

im looking for articulating abs for ironman..... is there any yet ?

i know someone started building but dunno if there done yet

I have it in the modeling stage for Mark VI, which suit are you looking for?

You guys keep making my head explode for the amazingness of this project. I will start pepping the tester file today and once I get the scale I need I will start that HD file like theres no tomorrow. Thanks so much guys :D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG19V9p9N0s[/media]

Me rambling about the changes to this new helmet, and shows an exploded view. lol

It's been titled to try to get more people onto the 405th and creating pepakura pieces.

The quality is a bit crappy since it was just uploaded, it will improve in a few minutes.

And to adress the previous lighting post, here's my idea. Please excuse the crude drawings. MSPaint ftw? XD

4649488541_7a21d25e0a_b.jpg

Wow,.............

I humbly bow down.

Magnificant work there sharkhead!

Is the mark VI helmet very different from the mark III?

Because everything I was trying to model for in the mark III helmet seems to be modeled in?

The vent in the head, the tiny dip in the chin, the sunken in bit of the chin.

All the details seem to be in place !!

Once again I humbly bow down.

wow,.....

Glad ya like it, sir!

There is no difference between the Mark 2,3,4, and 6 helmets (besides the rivets on Mark 2)

Mark 5 (suitcase armor) Is the only one that's different, it has ridges on the forehead like the comic book War Machine.

Wait a minute shark, this is your last ever IM project ever? And The HD helm i got was in 2 not 3 Pieces like ti says onthe first page/Whats next.

mjolnir follower said:
Wait a minute shark, this is your last ever IM project ever? And The HD helm i got was in 2 not 3 Pieces like ti says onthe first page/Whats next.

Huh? o__O

The jaw is separated, take a close look and you'll see the jaw isn't perfectly aligned with the rest of the helmet (my bad, I suck at the symmetry modifier...)

And hell no! This is not my last Iron Man project, this is my last Iron Man HELMET. :D

I've put out over 11 files here on the 405th alone, and I finally feel like I can rest with this version.

I'm still modeling the rest of the Mark 6 suit. ^___^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back