Jorge KIA or just MIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crusades sucked ALOT as well. It's disturbing to think that an advanced alien covenant could be as easy to entice to genocide as the poor group of saps we call mankind. The thing is that if the aliens hadn't been defeated from within, mankind would have been wiped from existance

The Crusades sucked ALOT as well. It's disturbing to think that an advanced alien covenant could be as easy to entice to genocide as the poor group of saps we call mankind.
Anyone who has done any actual research on the subject would know that the Crusades are not what most people believe they are. Islam drew first blood. They had already invaded Spain and France before the Catholic Church even had any influence over the area. The First Crusade was not a call to take back Jerusalem, but it was meant to protect the Christians in Greece (Byzantium) from and to stem the tide of the invading Turks. The battlecry to take back Jerusalem was just an attempt to rally the common man who didn't really care about effeminate Greeks and did not realize that if Byzantium fell, all of Europe was open to attack. After the 1st Crusade, we established the Crusaders states i.e. Jerusalem, Antioch, Edessa, etc. in order to protect that entryway into Europe. The rest of the major Crusades were basically attempts to reclaim those states back after they were retaken by the Turks and the Saracens. Of course there were people who had greedy intentions as there will be in any struggle, but for the most part, everyone who fought in those wars did so because they believed they were doing the right thing. I will go as far as to say that they did.

Which leads back into my point: The Covenant aren't evil. They truly felt they were doing the right thing. I can't fault them, as a whole, for following their collective morals, because humanity is no different.

I agree with you, dude. Just rebutting Alix's "The Crusades sucked ALOT" comment. It is amazing what the power of faith can make a man (or an alien) do.

Everyone is intitled to their own opinions. I like to believe however, That since the rear end of the frigate is only present when the vegetation has healed (a process that would take no less than a year), and not when the planet is smoldering, would lead me to believe that ship crashed long after the events of reach took place. I also believe that Forerunner symbols are not important in the actual game, The Pillar of Autumn has a marathon symbol branded on it, as does guilty spark. and as proven by the game REACH, The book titled "THE FALL OF REACH" had little to no cannon in the actual games.

you are all retarded if you think there is any possibility that he was sent to reach. judging by basic science, he wouldnt have been hurtling toward a planet that been burning for decades but then was completely inhabitable a century later. he fall of reach was well before the events of halo 3.

That is true, also try to lighten up abit LT, no need to start a flame war ;)

As for the Half Frigate, rewatch the ending, you will see the frigate there still smouldering in the background, and still in the same spot when it shows Reach years later.

Trust me its there just hard to see since everything else is crispy, remember, 6 was at a Shipyard, and there were ALOT of wrecked unsc frigates and carriers.

Geez, guys. Everyone knows that Jorge lived perfectly fine and landed on a planet full of civilized people. He got married and had two children. He then lived till he died of old age.

I'm surprised this thread is still active, this isn't a difficult subject to comphrehend. On the subject of the piece of frigate laying there, I can gauruntee you there was more than just one frigate over Reach during the battle. There were probably several, and a good amount of them were shot down. And how could that planet be Reach? Reach was glassed, how could there be just a massive metropolis on there randomly? Where is your sense of imagination? What about an entirely new planet? Full of some yet unknown species? If it was Reach, well, that would just be boring,

in the book ghosts of onyx (i think) a team of spartans is sent out to chech out an old scrapped ship that stillhas a slipspace drive working, when they get there it activates. all the spartans survive, so it is likely that the spaceship and the armour would have been able to take it.
but MIA is most likely, though KIA will be well on the way. he would be in the middle of nowhere, on half a ship crammed full of covenant, no food, water and low ammo.

Jorge is most likely dead, now what happened to Jun? He probably heard noble team's last words via communication.
And he went on to some Military Base.
Last among his fellow friends.

in the book ghosts of onyx (i think) a team of spartans is sent out to chech out an old scrapped ship that stillhas a slipspace drive working, when they get there it activates. all the spartans survive, so it is likely that the spaceship and the armour would have been able to take it.
but MIA is most likely, though KIA will be well on the way. he would be in the middle of nowhere, on half a ship crammed full of covenant, no food, water and low ammo.
The drive didn't activate. It had a radiation spike. The MJOLNIR MkIV and later all have heavy radiation shielding, which protects the wearer from small gamma bursts, such as the above. Not a full-blown Slipspace Drive activation or, worse, an explosive destabilization of a Slipspace drive.

And, despite their distance from the drive, and their shielding, their armors' systems shorted and sent them asunder. That was the plan to get Kurt for SPARTAN III.

Let's all remember: The explosion above Reach was powerful enough to disintegrate a massive section from the Covenant Supercarrier, Long Night of Solace. A single soldier, no matter how well-armored, caught next to the source of the explosion, would not survive that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back