Kadus27's multiple prop builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
very nice work something i'll never get to. also why r u still run windows vista? dont u know Vista is from the devil -looks at my poor desktop-
I've never really had too many problems with it and just never took the time to upgrade :/ If it ain't broke don't fix it. I might get some more pics of the knife up for Realtortommy later tonight / tomorrow morning. Also a big win today, I got my girlfriend to help me out cutting out pepakura pieces :D And thanks for the complements as always, they really keep me motivated!

Edit: New pictures inbound. A side-by-side shot of new and old, as well as some new knife photos, including the stand I made for it. Just to let you know, I messed up on one side of the knife while painting, so I created the backstory that it saved my life from a bullet and it has some battle scars. And if anyone wants to comment on my bedsheets, don't forget how real a wooden knife can feel XD

400555_302520603132713_1010879946_n.jpg

407380_302520636466043_1989265721_n.jpg

393909_302520683132705_1558304165_n.jpg

399884_302520719799368_968616681_n.jpg

398115_302520746466032_1544870561_n.jpg

Drew out-

So a man wants some visor detail. He decides that etching it in would be a little too difficult, and has a high risk for error. Projectors are impossible. So what does he turn to? Clear stickers! they aren't quite as clear as I'd like, but I think they get the job done, and just add a little bit of extra awesome on the inside. They cannot be seen while actually wearing the helmet due to proximity, but they also don't interfere with vision. I think also if I incorporate some Led's on the inside to light up my face at the touch of a button, it'll look cool from the outside. For those who would like to use these templates, here you go: Halo Reach Hud Templates by Kadus27
402147_305844636133643_341606560_n.jpg

407671_305844679466972_140186901_n.jpg

Drew out-

Oh what's that, you wanna do a little flashback? Have a history project done entirely in the course of 11 hours.
427690_335568096494630_100001243283355_1013221_1090235030_n.jpg

Enjoy,
-Drew out

Jfo is coming along nicely. Almost everything is in place to begin finalizing the helmet. Padding is done, visor's ready to go, just some final sanding and detailing, then paint to go! Oh and also the electronics, which will probably be two LED's on the forehead and a speaker system to project my voice. The speaker circuit is basically finished, but the LED's haven't been started. Hope you guys enjoy the small update.
423702_336812013036905_100001243283355_1016186_1871290825_n.jpg

420886_336812396370200_1358674648_n.jpg

-Drew out

Looking good!
What did you use for the padding inside the helm?
Thanks :) I used one inch foam that you get at walmart. It's pretty inexpensive, then I covered them with some patterns made out of black pillowcase, and cut small strips of foam and glued them on to give it that "advanced" look. Hope that helps!

Sorry for the double post, but I think this update is worthy of a new one. As you guys can see from my avatar, my JFO helmet is done! I have a few picture to show you guys and a video showing off the electronics at the end. Hope you guys enjoy!
S1030004.jpg

S1030003.jpg

S1030005.jpg

Just an FYI, the warning labels on each side ^ read "Warning: The UNSC is not responsible for lost limbs, hope, or life. Please contact your nearest UNSC guidance office for more information" and "Warning: If the person(s) wearing this helmet chooses to commit acts of debatable intelligence, the UNSC holds the right to disown you as to protect the human race from your inadequate gene pool"
S1030006.jpg

Inside, showing off some padding:

S1030007.jpg

Visor detail, made using clear stickers:

S1030008.jpg

Electronics Video, Big thanks to my friend Ed for creating and wiring the circuit board for me, worthy of the "Engineered by Ed" Sticker seen on the inside. And excuse my jumpiness and lack of speaking skills, it's my first vid :$

As a side note as well, after I turn off the amplifier, I'm practical yelling out of the helmet so you guys can still here me.

-Andrew out

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, technically double posts are a no no, but I'm sure people will forgive you for the kick ass post you just made.
That helmet looks amazing. How did you get so much detail on the warning labels? Surely they aren't painted on, gotta be stickers or something, right?

Yes, technically double posts are a no no, but I'm sure people will forgive you for the kick ass post you just made.
That helmet looks amazing. How did you get so much detail on the warning labels? Surely they aren't painted on, gotta be stickers or something, right?
Thanks for letting this one slide :D You assumed right. The same clear shipping labels I used on the visor I used for the warning labels as well. I just created them on ms word and there you have it :)

Thanks for letting this one slide :D
First off, great job on everything you have done. That helmet is sick!!! You're doing an awesome job.:)

This is your thread, you can double post if you want. Just don't post something, then turn around five minutes later and do another post. Edit your previous post instead. Now if it's the next day and you haven't got any replies, then go ahead and post. Other wise, your thread will never get any traffic because the site will never show your thread as being updated. These are just my two cents that I thought were worth noting.:D

First off, great job on everything you have done. That helmet is sick!!! You're doing an awesome job.:)

This is your thread, you can double post if you want. Just don't post something, then turn around five minutes later and do another post. Edit your previous post instead. Now if it's the next day and you haven't got any replies, then go ahead and post. Other wise, your thread will never get any traffic because the site will never show your thread as being updated. These are just my two cents that I thought were worth noting.:D
Thanks for clearing this up V-shore, I guess that double-posting is a definite no in other's threads, and I completely agree with you. I'd also like to say that I absolutely love the work you did on your CQB. It'd be pretty cool to a double layer visor on the JFO like you did on your helm, I just don't have the time nor the money to spend on two visors.
That is one sweet looking helmet. Love the amount of detail you put into it.:)
Thanks as well Thorn! I'm just glad to have it done. Another thing that I forgot to mention was that the helmet attachment is connected by rare earth magnets so that it can be removed very easily. Just thought I'd point that out.

Sorry guys if my last post came off sounding rude, I was only trying to be cheeky.
In all seriousness, that is one amazing helmet and I hope you are proud of it Kadus.

Sorry guys if my last post came off sounding rude, I was only trying to be cheeky.
In all seriousness, that is one amazing helmet and I hope you are proud of it Kadus.
Hey man don't worry about it. It was completely understandable and in no way did I, or I think anyone else think you sounded rude. I just appreciate someone replying to my thread and appreciate your guys feedback!

I actually like the JFO helmet now because of you it is on of the more detailed helmets I have seen to date
and the paintjob is fantastic you sir have inspiered me outstanding work

I actually like the JFO helmet now because of you it is on of the more detailed helmets I have seen to date
and the paintjob is fantastic you sir have inspiered me outstanding work
Glad I could not only persuade you about the good looks, but glad to inspire you as well! Oh by the way, do you guys like the attachment? Most of my friend's say it looks silly, but it's certainly grown on me and I can't imagine seeing the helmet without it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back