Kaspers Official Thread !update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks everyone. the chest and back was the bigest head ache to get to work. and they are not even resigned yet...lol i was planing on doing that and resigning the thighs for ithica but itll be raining and like 35 here tomorrow.

kasper said:
ok im tired of posting threads that mean nothing so here is all my work so far i have fiberglassed and bondoed both forearms and one is clear coated. i have decided to do the chrome with some damage to it to knock alittle shine out of it. After about 6 coats of clear and it looks great. I also have the MKVI back and chest pepped and also the Recon chest plate to place over it. Here are two pics of the finished forearm and one of the Pepped

chromearm.jpg

chromeside.jpg

reconchest2.jpg
did you just make a mark 6 chest and put recon plate over it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shipmaster51 said:
did you just make a mark 6 chest and put recon plate over it?

if i'm not mistaken most, if not all of the armor permutations can be done this way.

yeah i had asked around and everyone said that this was the best way to do the chest for strengthand look

Although I think that chrome would be better as a secondary color, I have to admit that you're pulling it off pretty well. You may want to rework the edges of the forearm, though, since the color seems to be pooling in those areas. Besides that, the forearm looks pretty cool (and shiny).

The chest looks amazing, and it looks like you're ready for resin. The only suggestion I have for you is to use a little Bondo to smooth any rough edges you find. On such a finished model, most unusual edges will be noticable.

Try to put some lights in the ab plating area, as well. With chrome, the light will reflect everywhere (and, whether or not that is a good idea, I have no clue). You'll look like Arnold Schwarzenegger if he ate a glowstick.

the poolin thing was the resign i got sick of trying to make it perfect...lol but i think im going to use some blue led light in the areas need. i think that would look good and as for the secounddary lines..ie across the should and thigh im going to use a metalic blue so that it stays shiny like the rest

Well i have an update on my armor, i would have more done but i have ran out of cash and reisgn so until i start back work or find someone that might want to buy a mask ill have to wait to start up again..

here is a group pic of things i have done. resigned the chest and helmet and built the cod peice and the left boot.
DSC02324.jpg

Everyone i was wondering something. I am going to be doing the Recon shoulds and have made the other shoulder/bicep peices because they are suppose to attach over the other one. But i dont know about the size i printed out the size tester and i looks way too big has anyone else made these yet????

Well its has been a few days sense an update i have not been feeling to good so i have not been working on anything but last night and this morning i be gan working again on my helmet. I have bondoed most of it and messed with some of the detail..
Here is one pic when i was getting ready to drimel some detail into the top.
DSC02326.jpg

Here is a pic of the detail
DSC02329.jpg

Here is a side view from this morning i am useing Model Magick for some detail i will bondo over it to make sure it stays in place.
DSC02330.jpg

and here is the back
DSC02331-1.jpg

great work...

are you going to chrome paint the entire suit? just remember, if you do... carry a shammy to wipe it down every so often...

looking great!

kasper said:
Here is a side view from this morning i am useing Model Magick for some detail i will bondo over it to make sure it stays in place.

Resin over it to keep it in place, then bondo over it. I don't know how hard that stuff gets.

Das- yeah the whole thing will be chrome. i am adding like 6 or 7 layers of clear coat to help with finger prints and things like that.

dark- with the model magick it getts hard but not like the fiber glass so most liky i will resign it and hope it does not melt or mess it up any

ok i was going to save this as a suprise with my suit but figure sense someone else had said they want to know where to get one i figured i would go ahead and post it. I picked this up last halloween and had tried to figure out what to do with it and a about a weekago or so a friends said i should use it as a prop for my suit instead of a weapon so here is the Skull im using.

skull.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back